Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member from Ohio here. Been on TacomaWorld for a while, thought I'd join here as well since I reference the site frequently.

I own a 2015 Tacoma SR5, mostly travel to fish or hunt.

View attachment 158187
Welcome to Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Ohio Valley Overland @MTOutdoorsman
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

RubyXJ.01

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

High River, AB, Canada
First Name
Alex
Last Name
McMillan
Member #

Hi all,

my name is Alex, I’m from southern Alberta and I’ve just gotten into overlanding however my dad has been interested in it for awhile and after some research and watching the epic family road trip I decided to join this group.
I drive a 2001 Jeep Cherokee, I haven’t done anything super special to it yet except get a Tepui roof top tent and some KO2 tires but I am interested in getting some new bumpers and if anyone has advice on what to get that would be great:)

Attachments

OffRoad.Spirit.Fr74

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer III

74130 Bonneville, France
First Name
Taz
Last Name
Member #

Hello everyone,
my name is Bastien, I live in France.
I ride a 2018 Ford Ranger Wildtrak. It is equipped for raids all over Europe and also Morocco.
Looking forward to meeting you on the slopes!
PS: I'm sorry for my bad english.

Attachments

MotoBrad

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Victoria, BC, Canada
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Dyrbye
Member #

Long time YouTube Channel Subsciber/lurker here in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. I Decided to finally take the plunge and officially join your awesome ranks!

Traveling by vehicle has always been a part of my life, right from the beginning. Its evolved from the childhood camping tourist trips of my childhood, to motorcycle travels around the world, and even rally racing. For me, its always been about the journey over the destination.

Now in my mid 30s, I'm slowing down and enjoying the sights of the road as much as spraying gravel and catching air in my old Subaru. My fiance (an avid Jeep fan) doesn't love my motorcycle endeavors much, and thoroughly disapproves of dragging knees on a motorcycle trip. But we share a love of adventure, camping, and exploring. We would rather spend a night in the woods than in a hotel.

My previous lifted Subaru STi rally car would always eventually run out of ground clearance exploring off the beaten path, and force us to turn around. Our new Jeep Gladiator Rubicon seems up to any challenge we can throw at it (albeit, slowly), so we never have to wonder what is at the end of the road. We see a lot of adventurous trips and journeys in our future as we're building up and outfitting our JT for overlanding. As a professional mechanic and avid tuner, I think the building and planning is half the fun. I even taught my better half that "life is too short to stay stock"!

Phase 1 was Method Race wheels wrapped in 37s, a Warn bumper and winch, 1.5" spacer lift, rock rails, and a catback exhaust (because I'm a child). We are eagerly awaiting phase 2, which will be an RLD canopy for the bed, and a Roofnest Condor XL to top it with! We can't wait to hit the trails and make the most of 3 weeks off in September. 20200229_111609.jpg20200229_105259.jpg20200229_171257.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Long time YouTube Channel Subsciber/lurker here in Victoria, British Columbia, Canada. I Decided to finally take the plunge and officially join your awesome ranks!

Traveling by vehicle has always been a part of my life, right from the beginning. Its evolved from the childhood camping tourist trips of my childhood, to motorcycle travels around the world, and even rally racing. For me, its always been about the journey over the destination.

Now in my mid 30s, I'm slowing down and enjoying the sights of the road as much as spraying gravel and catching air in my old Subaru. My fiance (an avid Jeep fan) doesn't love my motorcycle endeavors much, and thoroughly disapproves of dragging knees on a motorcycle trip. But we share a love of adventure, camping, and exploring. We would rather spend a night in the woods than in a hotel.

My previous lifted Subaru STi rally car would always eventually run out of ground clearance exploring off the beaten path, and force us to turn around. Our new Jeep Gladiator Rubicon seems up to any challenge we can throw at it (albeit, slowly), so we never have to wonder what is at the end of the road. We see a lot of adventurous trips and journeys in our future as we're building up and outfitting our JT for overlanding. As a professional mechanic and avid tuner, I think the building and planning is half the fun. I even taught my better half that "life is too short to stay stock"!

Phase 1 was Method Race wheels wrapped in 37s, a Warn bumper and winch, 1.5" spacer lift, rock rails, and a catback exhaust (because I'm a child). We are eagerly awaiting phase 2, which will be an RLD canopy for the bed, and a Roofnest Condor XL to top it with! We can't wait to hit the trails and make the most of 3 weeks off in September. View attachment 158440View attachment 158442View attachment 158443
What brand rock rails are those? Look forward to seeing more of the build.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
I ride a 2018 Ford Ranger Wildtrak. It is equipped for raids all over Europe and also Morocco.
Welcome to Overland Bound Bastien.
Your Regional Director is @Robert OB 33/48 for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

my name is Alex, I’m from southern Alberta and I’ve just gotten into overlanding however my dad has been interested in it for awhile and after some research and watching the epic family road trip I decided to join this group.
I drive a 2001 Jeep Cherokee, I haven’t done anything super special to it yet except get a Tepui roof top tent and some KO2 tires but I am interested in getting some new bumpers and if anyone has advice on what to get that would be great:)
Welcome to Overland Bound Alex
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Sandpoint Steve & @Montana Carl

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) View attachment 158340
2) Jacksonville, FL
3) 2013 Toyota Land Cruiser (stock)
4) Nube: camping, TN-TAT
5) N3YC

I am happy to be here, Don
Welcome To Overland Bound Don
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @radwelder & @Cendee

Ffdfrontman

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Cypress, TX, USA
First Name
Jereme
Last Name
Robinson
Member #

New member from Cypress, Texas
Rig: 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Experience: most overland experience is in Mexico, Baja California and I’m wanting to start exploring the US a lot more. Schedule is flexible so I can roll anywhere anytime (with proper planning of course) to join a convoy or meet up a local in the areas I’ll be traversing to. I’m in process of building up my rig. RTT should arrive next week

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member from Cypress, Texas
Rig: 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Experience: most overland experience is in Mexico, Baja California and I’m wanting to start exploring the US a lot more. Schedule is flexible so I can roll anywhere anytime (with proper planning of course) to join a convoy or meet up a local in the areas I’ll be traversing to. I’m in process of building up my rig. RTT should arrive next week
We look forward to seeing the Gladiator build as it progresses.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @brien. The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Boneloader

Rank 0

Contributor I

Dakota Territory
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Hall
New member, I’ve been “overlanding” a while now and glad to know there’s a name (and a community) for it! We hail from the southernmost Dakota, but I have been on the road for about 4 years now (with only short periods at home).

Our rig consists of an ‘08 Tacoma Double Cab outfitted with spare battery, winch, high clearance bumpers, larger tires, soft topper and storage drawers (full of gear). With that, we pull a 17’ cargo trailer converted to a toy hauler. It has solar power, diesel heat, cellular network, sleeping and storage space (but little else). Inside, we often carry a ‘02 BMW 1150GS for day rides or when work takes me from the campsite. I travel often for work, so overlanding is as much a vocation as it is recreation. Prior to building the trailer, about half my travel was just on the motorcycle (the rest commercial travel of some sort). The trailer was a way to bring her along more of the time. She can meet up with me, sometimes while I’m on the bike, or catch up to me at an airport somewhere.

Our maiden voyage in the trailer was a 6 week 10K mile trip to Alaska and back last summer. In the year before, I had made the same trip alone, on the motorcycle, and I decided then that it was an experience that I wanted to share with her. So we ordered up a spec-built aluminum trailer (trying to keep longevity up and weight down).

Looking forward to learning more from this community—and hoping I have something to share from my experiences.

~T
A6A2DFBD-88F5-42CF-8595-7B78A1A7007F.jpeg

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hello everyone,
Hello Bastian,

After our PM here the official welcome to the Group.
I hope to see you soon on the trails.

Greetings from Robert

TyodRunner1206

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Taylorsville, NC, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Yoder
Member #

So excited to be a part of this community! If anyone is local to me in NC please reach out. Very new to overlanding and would love to hear of great local places to try out and go.

1) Rig: 2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
2) Location: Taylorsville NC
3) Overland experience: Novice
DC804247-5712-4DEA-9905-09E97997715C.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
So excited to be a part of this community! If anyone is local to me in NC please reach out. Very new to overlanding and would love to hear of great local places to try out and go.

1) Rig: 2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
2) Location: Taylorsville NC
3) Overland experience: Novice
View attachment 158474
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member, I’ve been “overlanding” a while now and glad to know there’s a name (and a community) for it! We hail from the southernmost Dakota, but I have been on the road for about 4 years now (with only short periods at home).

Our rig consists of an ‘08 Tacoma Double Cab outfitted with spare battery, winch, high clearance bumpers, larger tires, soft topper and storage drawers (full of gear). With that, we pull a 17’ cargo trailer converted to a toy hauler. It has solar power, diesel heat, cellular network, sleeping and storage space (but little else). Inside, we often carry a ‘02 BMW 1150GS for day rides or when work takes me from the campsite. I travel often for work, so overlanding is as much a vocation as it is recreation. Prior to building the trailer, about half my travel was just on the motorcycle (the rest commercial travel of some sort). The trailer was a way to bring her along more of the time. She can meet up with me, sometimes while I’m on the bike, or catch up to me at an airport somewhere.

Our maiden voyage in the trailer was a 6 week 10K mile trip to Alaska and back last summer. In the year before, I had made the same trip alone, on the motorcycle, and I decided then that it was an experience that I wanted to share with her. So we ordered up a spec-built aluminum trailer (trying to keep longevity up and weight down).

Looking forward to learning more from this community—and hoping I have something to share from my experiences.

~T
View attachment 158471
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Since you are on the road most of the time, our regional pages would be very helpful for local information.
You are based in our Rocky Mountain Region.
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representatives to you are @Montana Carl & @toxicity_27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Names Chris
JKU Sport 2016
Been following Overland Bound for a while and finally joined. I am excited to be part of an exciting group and be able to meet up with some great people. Thank you Overland bound
Welcome to Overland Bound Chris
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.