Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello my name is David. After years of hiking and backpacking w/ the Scouts, I am exploring the Overlanding community in an attempt to find a common activity with my wife who does none of these 'outdoorsy' things. Perhaps riding in a vehicle to a site that supports a tent that you can actually stand up in (her requirements) will become our shared 'adventure place'. Time will tell.
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi, I’m Caleb! I live in mostly in Fort Worth, Texas, but also spend a lot of time with my family in central Oregon (the Bend area). I’m fairly new to overlanding and everything that entails, but I’ve always loved camping, hiking, and anything else done in the great outdoors. Also love photographing it!

My current rig that I’m working on is a 2019 RAV4 Adventure. So far I love it!

Thanks for the warm welcome!

Here’s some current pics of my car:
View attachment 158061View attachment 158062View attachment 158063

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello, I'm Chad. Thanks for accepting me. I live in Vancouver Wa. I'm a new to overlanding, always been interested. I had a 23' camper that I pulled behing my '13 F350, but upgraded to a Black Series Sergent we can pull behind my brides Jeep easier. I look foward to learning lots and meeting some new people.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi I'm Nick,
I'm driving a 2020 Toyota Tacoma and currently, I live in Buford, GA (approx. 45mins NE of Atlanta). My Overlanding experience is none currently but I've become very interested it in recently. I proposed to my now fiancee last October up near Chatanooga at a cabin I rented it was a little off the beaten path. That's when I realized that I wanted to do stuff like this more often with her. So this year I bought a Tacoma so that's that. I'm looking forward to making the truck more capable and taking my fiancee on more trips into the mountains.

View attachment 157991

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey guys...long time listener, first-time caller. I've been watching MIke's youtube videos for a while now and figure It was time to join up. Now that we're sort of returning to something the resembles sanity I'd like to find some groups in the North East to hit the trail with! Figured this would be a good place to start

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Evening, I get to be Andrew. New to overlanding but have been "outdoorsy" my whole life. Interested in taking driving to the next level. Currently, and for the last fourteen years have been a long haul and midwest regional truck driver. The pavement is cool, but think I am ready to take my Nissan Frontier a bit off the beaten path.
No good pictures of the truck, so here's one of our dog
Welcome from NE Oklahoma!

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Hi everyone!
Loren, Ashley, and Levi Smith here. We are very excited to finally become members of Overland Bound and join a great community. I am a tile contractor and Ashley is a stay at home mom with our son Levi who is 3 1/2 years old. We love camping and recently have found our new passion for Overlanding. We have started modifying our truck and appreciate any help and or opinions on full size 4X4 truck mods or any information or experiences form you guys. We love learning from experience and from others. If anyone is close to us we would love to meet up!

Location: Central Coast of California in the little town of Templeton. We have a wide variety of terrain where we live from dirt roads on Highway 1 in Big Sur, BLM in California Valley, Pozo Mountain, and the Oceano Dunes AKA Pismo Dunes.

Rig: 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic 4X4 Duramax.

Experience: Novice. Dirt roads and a little bit of mudView attachment 157685.
Wow she looks good and capable! Welcome from Sacramento!

Moseff

Rank I

Member I

Minot, North Dakota, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Olson
Member #

Hi, Michael Olson here in Minot ND, I have a 1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5. I've always been into outdoors/camping since I was a kid, starting with scouts from 7 to18 years old... Since the 'ol clock is ticking and we're not getting any younger, I thought I would join and try to find more in life than the old 7 to 6 daily grind.

I don't talk "a lot" but I'm looking forward to meeting new people and getting out more.20200611_212349.jpg20200611_212338.jpgScreenshot_20200611-205003_OneDrive.jpg

NolaNomad

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Francisco, Ca
First Name
Robb
Last Name
McManus
Hello Overland People!
Names Rob, living in SF for 13 years now. Nolanomad is my handle, Og from New Orleans, but lived in Brooklyn and Alaska.
Just recently got into Overlanding since a pretty gnarly motorcycle accident.
Bought an affordable 2002 LX470 for the slow but consistent build. Just the basics at the moment.
I'm a total newbie but eager to explore!
Michael's videos have been a big push for me to get off the pavement and into the Adventure! Respect.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

EDIT: Also... is there anyway to change my user name once?
Hello Nathan, welcome from Oklahoma.
Click on your name in the upper right corner of the screen, a drop down box will appear and one of the options in the right column should be Username Change.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overland People!
Names Rob, living in SF for 13 years now. Nolanomad is my handle, Og from New Orleans, but lived in Brooklyn and Alaska.
Just recently got into Overlanding since a pretty gnarly motorcycle accident.
Bought an affordable 2002 LX470 for the slow but consistent build. Just the basics at the moment.
I'm a total newbie but eager to explore!
Michael's videos have been a big push for me to get off the pavement and into the Adventure! Respect.
Welcome to Overland Bound Rob
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Nathan from Reno, NV. I grew up in the Bay Area but was called to the mountains.
I drive a '16 Toyota Tundra, a good do it all rig.

Experience: Intermediate. Like moving into my first RTT Intermediate.

EDIT: Also... is there anyway to change my user name once?
View attachment 158150
Welcome to Overland Bound Nathan.
Your Regional Member Representative is @HappyOurOverlanding
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
The “Reno Overlanding” OLB Meet-Up meets monthly, if your interested check out the meet-up page on the forum for details. @HappyOurOverlanding is the contact. This is a very active group with FB & IG pages.
US West - Reno Overlanding Recurring Meetings and Trail Runs Thread

Reactions: CampingInMay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, Michael Olson here in Minot ND, I have a 1995 Toyota 4Runner SR5. I've always been into outdoors/camping since I was a kid, starting with scouts from 7 to18 years old... Since the 'ol clock is ticking and we're not getting any younger, I thought I would join and try to find more in life than the old 7 to 6 daily grind.

I don't talk "a lot" but I'm looking forward to meeting new people and getting out more.View attachment 158143View attachment 158144View attachment 158145
Welcome to Overland Bound Michael
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Social Media:
RM FB; Overland Bound - Rocky Mountain
The closest Member Representative to you is @Montana Carl
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Evening, I get to be Andrew. New to overlanding but have been "outdoorsy" my whole life. Interested in taking driving to the next level. Currently, and for the last fourteen years have been a long haul and midwest regional truck driver. The pavement is cool, but think I am ready to take my Nissan Frontier a bit off the beaten path.
Welcome to Overland Bound Andrew.
You are just north of some really great overlanding in the Ozarks, @BlueLineOverland can help you find some great spots.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Paris0514 @BlueLineOverland @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27
http://www.midwestoverlandfest.com/

Reactions: toxicity_27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. Excited to learn and grow on my journey to creating a more overland ready Jeep Wrangler. Live in Monterey area, CA
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central Valley @TOMB