Tyler
Last Name
Harman
Member #

Hello Everyone!
My name is Ty
I am from St. Helens, Oregon
I have 2017 Toyota Tacoma, SR, Access cab, I4 2.4L, 4x4, MT
I’m new to overlanding but years ago I was a land surveyor "route surveying " we basically lived out of our rigs and had to get from point "A" to point "B"

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully will see you out on the trail soon!

IMG_0025.jpgIMG_0028.jpgIMG_0023.jpg

Logansrun01

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bakersfield, Kern County, California, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Glad to be here

My name is John
From Bakersfield ca.
My rig is a 1996 chevy suburban 4x4
Call her my green machine and she does very well for what I need her to do.
I have some experience through my life 4 wheeling and camping but now I am putting it all together in overland travel. Pics soon to come. Thank you.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello Everyone!
My name is Ty
I’m new to overlanding but years ago I was a land surveyor "route surveying " we basically lived out of our rigs and had to get from point "A" to point "B"

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully will see you out on the trail soon!

View attachment 156598View attachment 156599View attachment 156600
Welcome Tye ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Munga Brown and @Greg Eigsti are your closest Member Representatives. @Spud.Built is also from St Hellans and has put on an event in the past.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rosey
NW Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R and Ubiety

Ty Harman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Longview, Cowlitz County, Washington, United States
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Harman
Member #

Welcome Tye ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Munga Brown and @Greg Eigsti are your closest Member Representatives. @Spud.Built is also from St Hellans and has put on an event in the past.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rosey
NW Director
Overland Bound
Thanks, I appreciate the info!

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

TheBestCow

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Knoxville, TN, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Mulligan
Member #

Hello everyone, I go by TheBestCow because... well, it was something about high school, playing CounterStrike, and I don't remember the rest of the story, but it's been the username I've used on automotive forums since then so I've stuck with it.

I bought my 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser two weeks ago and am a complete novice when it comes to leaving pavement.

I live in Knoxville, TN with my family, and this rig replaces my '13 Honda Pilot that was hit and totaled earlier this year. Maybe it's the health scare in the country, maybe I'm getting older, but I just want to get out into nature more, take more risks, and learn how to wrench along the way. I've always been a "car guy" at heart, but never worked on my own vehicles and been more of a "watching from the sidelines" kind of guy.

I did my first ever oil change and tire rotation this weekend (only took me 3-4 hours with checking, rechecking, and rewatching YouTube videos to make sure I did it right...) and I've greased the driveshaft zerks. Rig has some severely stuck on clay on the underside, the sunroof and AC evaporator is leaking... but we're learning as we go. Need to fix some things before we can get out into nature in it. Looking forward to learning through Overland Bound along the way.

IMG_8282.JPG

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Don't know if this posting will make any sense because I am SO SO SO HAPPY to have finally joined. I have been following the OB Instagram page for quite some time and now regretting not joining sooner as the #'s have sky rocketed since I started following to now. I always felt that if I didn't have the correct vehicle, I shouldn't be part of the club as I don't think a twin turbo charged 08 Mustang would have done well Overlanding :grimacing:. I began my adventure in building an Overland vehicle about 6 months in hope of being able to enjoy the outdoors with my father. My father was in a very bad car accident 3 years ago where he had broken his neck, back, skull, leg, and ankle (among many other injuries) and has not been able to go out since. My father was an avid camper and hiker and he truly misses the outdoors. Since he is no longer mobile and can only travel short distances walking, I thought why not build something that can get my Dad where he wants to go!

1) Will be uploading photos soon !
2) Kirkland, WA
3) 2014 Ram 1500 Limited Laramie Crew Cab
4) Avid back packer and experienced offroader with quads. New to the truck/jeep wheeling scene but many years of recovery and logistics as I use to own my own logistics company.
Rich, welcome to the OB community! I love what you are doing for your dad; thanks for sharing! Please join the Sunday conference call that @M Rose mentioned, good time chatting and learning from each other during the current situation. Once things cool down I'd like to get some sort of recurring meetup started for our area (I am in Sammamish).

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello Everyone!
My name is Ty

Welcome to the OB community! Have a real close buddy who lives near Yankton who introduced me to "the mayor of Yankton". Hahahaha.

Reactions: Kent R

Ty Harman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Longview, Cowlitz County, Washington, United States
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Harman
Member #

Hello Everyone!
My name is Ty

Welcome to the OB community! Have a real close buddy who lives near Yankton who introduced me to "the mayor of Yankton". Hahahaha.
That’s awesome LOL! My kids actually went to the Yankton school! Maybe I’ll see you and/or your buddy out on the trail...

Reactions: Ubiety and Kent R

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @JDMOverland , welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There was a meet up in Tucson the 3rd Thursday of each month, hopefully it will pick back up soon so keep an eye out. Southern Arizona Overlanders Recurring Monthly Meetup
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: Kent R

Hikermike01

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Alberta Canada
First Name
Mike
Last Name
C
Hello all!
I've been "lurking" reading the posts and advise that I was able too over the years as I didn't think there were many Canucks on the page - Man was I wrong hahahaha. Not new to camping or offroading but it has only been a year or so since I put the two formally together.
My family is on their fourth Jeep - a 2020 JT of course, stock with the Taj Mahal on top :)

Looking forward to trips into Montana and Colorado and even further! Of course this year it will be a time to explore the great province I'm in (Alberta) until further travel is permitted.Overland Rainbow.jpg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, I go by TheBestCow because... well, it was something about high school, playing CounterStrike, and I don't remember the rest of the story, but it's been the username I've used on automotive forums since then so I've stuck with it.

I bought my 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser two weeks ago and am a complete novice when it comes to leaving pavement.

I live in Knoxville, TN with my family, and this rig replaces my '13 Honda Pilot that was hit and totaled earlier this year. Maybe it's the health scare in the country, maybe I'm getting older, but I just want to get out into nature more, take more risks, and learn how to wrench along the way. I've always been a "car guy" at heart, but never worked on my own vehicles and been more of a "watching from the sidelines" kind of guy.

I did my first ever oil change and tire rotation this weekend (only took me 3-4 hours with checking, rechecking, and rewatching YouTube videos to make sure I did it right...) and I've greased the driveshaft zerks. Rig has some severely stuck on clay on the underside, the sunroof and AC evaporator is leaking... but we're learning as we go. Need to fix some things before we can get out into nature in it. Looking forward to learning through Overland Bound along the way.

View attachment 156665
Welcome To Overland Bound
Nice rig! great platform to start a build.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u
Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all!
I've been "lurking" reading the posts and advise that I was able too over the years as I didn't think there were many Canucks on the page - Man was I wrong hahahaha. Not new to camping or offroading but it has only been a year or so since I put the two formally together.
My family is on their fourth Jeep - a 2020 JT of course, stock with the Taj Mahal on top :)

Looking forward to trips into Montana and Colorado and even further! Of course this year it will be a time to explore the great province I'm in (Alberta) until further travel is permitted.View attachment 156672
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Sandpoint Steve
I like the Gladiator!
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: Hikermike01

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I’m Reed
Current Vehicle: 2017 Nissan Rogue sport
Currently using a tent but hoping to get a Runaway trailer soon
Overland Experience: Novice
Welcome to Overland Bound Reed!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @Cowboyupdan
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad to be here

My name is John
From Bakersfield ca.
My rig is a 1996 chevy suburban 4x4
Call her my green machine and she does very well for what I need her to do.
I have some experience through my life 4 wheeling and camping but now I am putting it all together in overland travel. Pics soon to come. Thank you.
Welcome to Overland Bound John.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @TOMB
Your Regional Director is @Narbob for additional help or information.
There is a meet-up in Bakersfield that can be found on the meet-up page of the forum.
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!
My name is Ty

Welcome to Overland Bound Ty.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! Mike or (Walastik) here from San Jose, CA. I just joined now and would like to know more about overlanding and meet friends!
Rig: 2007 FJ Cruiser
Overland Experience: Novice
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

Reactions: Walastik

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All!

My name is Jonathan and I'm so excited to be here! This is a great community and I'm so happy to be a part of it. I've always wanted to go on off-road adventures and last year got a rig that could do it.

Rig: 2012 Toyota Tacoma (TRD Off-Road, Access Cab)
Overland Experience: Novice, but I hope to change that soon. View attachment 156595
Welcome to Overland Bound Jonathan
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @A-Aron