Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad to be here

My name is John
From Bakersfield ca.
My rig is a 1996 chevy suburban 4x4
Call her my green machine and she does very well for what I need her to do.
I have some experience through my life 4 wheeling and camping but now I am putting it all together in overland travel. Pics soon to come. Thank you.
Welcome to Overland Bound John.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @TOMB
Your Regional Director is @Narbob for additional help or information.
There is a meet-up in Bakersfield that can be found on the meet-up page of the forum.
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone!
My name is Ty
I am from St. Helens, Oregon
I have 2017 Toyota Tacoma, SR, Access cab, I4 2.4L, 4x4, MT
I’m new to overlanding but years ago I was a land surveyor "route surveying " we basically lived out of our rigs and had to get from point "A" to point "B"

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully will see you out on the trail soon!

View attachment 156598View attachment 156599View attachment 156600
Welcome to Overland Bound Ty.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! Mike or (Walastik) here from San Jose, CA. I just joined now and would like to know more about overlanding and meet friends!
Rig: 2007 FJ Cruiser
Overland Experience: Novice
Welcome to Overland Bound Mike
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody

Reactions: Walastik

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All!

My name is Jonathan and I'm so excited to be here! This is a great community and I'm so happy to be a part of it. I've always wanted to go on off-road adventures and last year got a rig that could do it.

Rig: 2012 Toyota Tacoma (TRD Off-Road, Access Cab)
Overland Experience: Novice, but I hope to change that soon. View attachment 156595
Welcome to Overland Bound Jonathan
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @A-Aron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi just joined and me and my wife are very excited to start exploring and meet some great people that enjoy overlanding we have a couple of friends and family with rigs but are not always down to go so I’m hoping with this community I can find more people to hang out and camp and wheel with I have a 2009 trd off road Tacoma with a 6 speed manual 4x4 and a locking rear diff and after 2 years of saving I just purchased a icon stage 4 kit method wheels and Toyo 285/70/r17 mud tires and a brute force fab bed cage I am very excited to see what she can do when it’s all installed
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 156592

My name is Brandon.

Rig: 97 Jeep Cherokee Sport
Overland Experience: Novice.
Welcome To Overland Bound Brandon!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u
Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. I have been camping and hiking all my life and started to off-road quite a bit and the combination of the two hit the nail on the head for me.

Located in Puyallup, WA
Rig is a bone stock 3rd Gen Tacoma, new platform for me. Been in the Jeep world for the past 15 years.
Experience level is intermediate, there is always something new to learn.

Reactions: Ty Harman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Not much to say really. I live in the Sierras but spend a lot of time in the eastern Mojave Desert and have done portions of the Mojave Road multiple times. My rig is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler with a 3.5" long arm lift sitting on 35s. I'm also a general class amateur radio operator and focus mostly on 2m and 6m.

View attachment 156546
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your Central Ca Member Representative @TOMB
Our weekly ham net is on Fridays. For info you can contact @Prerunner1982
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/ham-radio-weekly-net-2/

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hi all! Mike or (Walastik) here from San Jose, CA. I just joined now and would like to know more about overlanding and meet friends!
Rig: 2007 FJ Cruiser
Overland Experience: Novice
Hi mike!

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Walastik and Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Everyone!
My name is Ty
I am from St. Helens, Oregon
I have 2017 Toyota Tacoma, SR, Access cab, I4 2.4L, 4x4, MT
I’m new to overlanding but years ago I was a land surveyor "route surveying " we basically lived out of our rigs and had to get from point "A" to point "B"

I look forward to hearing from you and hopefully will see you out on the trail soon!

View attachment 156598View attachment 156599View attachment 156600
Hello Tyler, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all!
I've been "lurking" reading the posts and advise that I was able too over the years as I didn't think there were many Canucks on the page - Man was I wrong hahahaha. Not new to camping or offroading but it has only been a year or so since I put the two formally together.
My family is on their fourth Jeep - a 2020 JT of course, stock with the Taj Mahal on top :)

Looking forward to trips into Montana and Colorado and even further! Of course this year it will be a time to explore the great province I'm in (Alberta) until further travel is permitted.View attachment 156672
Hello HikerMike, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone, I go by TheBestCow because... well, it was something about high school, playing CounterStrike, and I don't remember the rest of the story, but it's been the username I've used on automotive forums since then so I've stuck with it.

I bought my 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser two weeks ago and am a complete novice when it comes to leaving pavement.

I live in Knoxville, TN with my family, and this rig replaces my '13 Honda Pilot that was hit and totaled earlier this year. Maybe it's the health scare in the country, maybe I'm getting older, but I just want to get out into nature more, take more risks, and learn how to wrench along the way. I've always been a "car guy" at heart, but never worked on my own vehicles and been more of a "watching from the sidelines" kind of guy.

I did my first ever oil change and tire rotation this weekend (only took me 3-4 hours with checking, rechecking, and rewatching YouTube videos to make sure I did it right...) and I've greased the driveshaft zerks. Rig has some severely stuck on clay on the underside, the sunroof and AC evaporator is leaking... but we're learning as we go. Need to fix some things before we can get out into nature in it. Looking forward to learning through Overland Bound along the way.

View attachment 156665
Hello Kevin, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Glad to be here

My name is John
From Bakersfield ca.
My rig is a 1996 chevy suburban 4x4
Call her my green machine and she does very well for what I need her to do.
I have some experience through my life 4 wheeling and camping but now I am putting it all together in overland travel. Pics soon to come. Thank you.
Hello John, welcome to the OB community.

KLTH19

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Ivins, UT, USA
First Name
Ron
Last Name
Craig
Member #

Hey Ron

Nice shots of your adventures. It is definitely fun to go solo but it is also equally fun to line up in a row of rigs and tackle a trail with a group. Strangers at the trailhead are often friends when we hit pavement again. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out
Hi PapaDave. Great to meet you - and sorry for the very slow response! It would definitely be good to get out with a bunch of other members - I'm already thinking about some trips toward the end of the year - maybe Alabama Hills, Death Valley etc. Pleasanton is ~50 miles from me, but Zoom meetings would be great. One of my main goals for getting off road is photography - I was able to get to Marble Canyon in Death Valley earlier this year, which I didn't have the vehicle for on previous trips out there. If there are photographers in the group who also understand the whole getting up way before sunrise, standing around for a couple of hours waiting for light etc. that would be even better. This one is from Cathedral Valley - to get to this point at the right time requires a 60 mile drive on dirt, a dry camp overnight, then driving another 20 miles on dirt in the dark to get setup ;) Lie I said, needs a bit of commitment. It's not all about the photography though, it would be great to join a caravan going somewhere interesting.

3G4R_Thundercloud

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Fountain Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Luke
Last Name
Hixson
Member #

Hello All! Excited to be a member to this awesome community! Here's my 2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD! My name is Luke and I'm over in SoCal. I enjoy wheeling on the weekends and camping too! I'm part of several local off-roading FaceBook forums, but I'm interested in moving towards overlanding. Thanks and hope to meet a few of y'all in the near future!

1591062947641.png

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello All! Excited to be a member to this awesome community! Here's my 2002 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4WD! My name is Luke and I'm over in SoCal. I enjoy wheeling on the weekends and camping too! I'm part of several local off-roading FaceBook forums, but I'm interested in moving towards overlanding. Thanks and hope to meet a few of y'all in the near future!

View attachment 156748
Hello Luke, welcome to the OB community.

ScottyG

Rank II
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

12818 North 19th Place, Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Gorczyca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7OVP
Hello everyone! Glad to be part of this community.

I want get outdoors and explore. I am some experience doing this when I was younger.
I had my Dakota 4x4. Most of my experience off-road has been as passenger. I currently
Have Subaru Crosstrek so I will start out on easier trails. My next year I will get a 4x4 truck

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

I want get outdoors and explore. I am some experience doing this when I was younger.
I had my Dakota 4x4. Most of my experience off-road has been as passenger. I currently
Have Subaru Crosstrek so I will start out on easier trails. My next year I will get a 4x4 truck
Hello Scott, welcome to the OB community.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien or additional help or information. Brien can also help you contact the Phoenix meet-up if your interested.