Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Glad to be here

My name is John
From Bakersfield ca.
My rig is a 1996 chevy suburban 4x4
Call her my green machine and she does very well for what I need her to do.
I have some experience through my life 4 wheeling and camping but now I am putting it all together in overland travel. Pics soon to come. Thank you.
Welcome to Overland Bound... I am one of your U.S. West member representatives, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob, if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the new member threads. It will help you while you savage the OB website and there is a ton of great information. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming local meetups, trails runs and trainings.

Again welcome to Overland Bound and I look forward to meeting you out there on the trail.

Mike

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Thanks for the add
Welcome to Overland Bound... I am one of your U.S. West member representatives, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob, if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the new member threads. It will help you while you savage the OB website and there is a ton of great information. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming local meetups, trails runs and trainings.

Again welcome to Overland Bound and I look forward to meeting you out there on the trail.

Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi all, Stumbled on Overland Bound on Youtube thought they were just another blogger until I caught the Last livestream. Checked it out and joined.
I have a 1960 Land Rover 109 "Fluffy" and live in Santa Cruz County, Calif. Looking forward to this pandemic being over! Been a Land Rover guy since 1973.

Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
1)
2) Gridley, CA
3) 4 Runner TRD Off Road
4) Comfortable enough to go alone.

Mike

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi Everyone! My wife and I are experienced campers and have been overlanding off & on since 2014. We have taken a break the last couple years besides the occasional day trip and are starting to feel the itch again! Our rig is a 2004 4Runner with some upgrades and we are looking to outfitting it more, maybe even taking a trip to Expo West??? Excited to get involved with the OB community and meet some new people in our area!View attachment 156104
Welcome to Overland Bound, nice 4th gen... I am one of your U.S. West member representatives, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob, if the need arises.

Mike

Reactions: Kent R and TRLWANDR

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey Everyone! We're Jody and Patricia! We've got a '18 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X! We are in the beginning stages of building out our rig, but that isn't stopping us from getting out there. We've done tons of backpacking and camping and now we're breaking into overlanding. Been trolling this site for quite some time, even before we had the rig, now we're both feet in!

Mike

TRLWANDR

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Lodi, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
M
Member #

Hi Everyone! My wife and I are experienced campers and have been overlanding off & on since 2014. We have taken a break the last couple years besides the occasional day trip and are starting to feel the itch again! Our rig is a 2004 4Runner with some upgrades and we are looking to outfitting it more, maybe even taking a trip to Expo West??? Excited to get involved with the OB community and meet some new people in our area!View attachment 156104
Welcome to Overland Bound, nice 4th gen... I am one of your U.S. West member representatives, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me @Magic Mike. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob, if the need arises.

Mike
Thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to the Elk Grove meet up later this month!

RFT

Rank 0

Contributor I

British Columbia
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Campbell
Hello from Northern British Columbia!

This is my 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, aka The Turtle. No mods, but stuffed some LT255/85R16 Cooper ST Maxx under her and she's pretty capable out of the box. The trail in the picture earned me my first pin stripes and a couple of dents on the new truck after kissing some trees in the bushes to the left.
IMG_4876.jpg

I don't have much for overloading experience, but I do spend a lot of time on logging roads and 4x4ing for work, hunting, fishing, and camping. But now I'm looking to expand my horizons for a few multi-night trips, starting with a trip up to the north end of Williston Lake (1300 km round trip, 1000 on gravel), the eastern third of the Alexander Mackenzie Trail later this summer as a shortcut to Bella Coola, and eventually up to Tuk or Prudhoe Bay (was also supposed to happen this summer, but then there was this big thing that put a bit of a damper on my plans).

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Northern British Columbia!

This is my 2020 Tacoma TRD Pro, aka The Turtle. No mods, but stuffed some LT255/85R16 Cooper ST Maxx under her and she's pretty capable out of the box. The trail in the picture earned me my first pin stripes and a couple of dents on the new truck after kissing some trees in the bushes to the left.
View attachment 157068

I don't have much for overloading experience, but I do spend a lot of time on logging roads and 4x4ing for work, hunting, fishing, and camping. But now I'm looking to expand my horizons for a few multi-night trips, starting with a trip up to the north end of Williston Lake (1300 km round trip, 1000 on gravel), the eastern third of the Alexander Mackenzie Trail later this summer as a shortcut to Bella Coola, and eventually up to Tuk or Prudhoe Bay (was also supposed to happen this summer, but then there was this big thing that put a bit of a damper on my plans).
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: RFT

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all o/

Getting ready for the summer here in Tennessee
Sold my boat to build out my 08 4runner so i'm all in :)
Going camping this weekend to shake out the gear then who knows!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Reactions: Robert OB 33/48

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello from upstate NY Adirondacks
at the present moment i am in transition to get a 4wd rig not sure yet which way i am going
i have camped and backpacked alot of different places in the country so i am looking forward to this option immensely
You will be able to get lots of help here on the forums deciding what rig to get
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @OVRLNDER
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, it’s great to be a member of this community!
I’m in Northern Utah and drive a 2010 Jeep JKU on a 3” lift and 35” tires.

I’ve camped all my life, and I have a lot of rock crawling/ off-roading experience (The photo is from the Rubicon Trail). Overlanding seems a natural integration of both and my wife and I are looking forward to doing more and more of it exploring the backcountry.
Welcome to Overland Bound
Having a rock crawling background is great for Ovelanding, the mild to wild factor is there if you want to find it.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative is @A-Aron
FYI, All Overland Expo shows have been cancelled this year. Due to Covid 19 concerns.

Reactions: Heathen

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Pretty excited to be a part of the Overland Bound community.
My name is Jeff and my wife is Jen. We are from Southeastern Indiana (very near Cincinnati) and are overlanding newbies. I bought a 2019 Colorado Bison a year ago and we took our first overlanding trip 2 weeks ago to the Georgia Traverse. It was spectacular and confirmed that overlanding is for us! Excited to learn more about overlanding and to meet people that share our interests.
Cheers!
Welcome to Overland Bound Jeff & Jen.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi OB community,

I’m finally signing up for OB - been reading and watching for a long time since getting into the lifestyle.

Have a TJ and a JKU that we use for our adventures. Built them both up from stock to what they are today and enjoyed all the learning along the way. Still much to learn and I know the OB community has more to teach me.

Hope to meet up with folks at some point here in central CA.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody, Central CA @

Not knowing exactly where you are in Central CA, here are some meet-ups that you might be interested in.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, Cameron Park CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
US West - Overland Bound Elk Grove, CA Meetup
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up -BACK ON, With Social Distancing
Visalia/Fresno CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/visalia-meet-up.29264/
Bakersfield CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/bakersfield-meet-ups.28940/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Great to be a part of the Overland Bound group.

My name is David and my wife is Suzy. We are located in west-central Indiana. We just bought our first Jeep, a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, and we are excited to get out on the trails. We are new to the overlanding experience and hope to learn from others. Looking forward to meeting you on the trails.

View attachment 157007
Welcome to Overland Bound David & Suzy.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thank you for allowing me to be part of the Overland Bound Community. I am a novice to Overlanding but not to the outdoors. I am excited to begin my new adventures in my 2018 Jeep Wrangler Willys along with my Outbound Extreme trailer. Since purchasing both in the last 6 months my wife and myself have been busy making both ready for our adventures. Overlanding is quite different here in Nebraska, we look forward to reaching out across the country. Thank you!!!View attachment 156984
Welcome to Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in our Rocky Mountain Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representatives are @Iwata77 @igtyr6

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi OB community,

I’m finally signing up for OB - been reading and watching for a long time since getting into the lifestyle.

Have a TJ and a JKU that we use for our adventures. Built them both up from stock to what they are today and enjoyed all the learning along the way. Still much to learn and I know the OB community has more to teach me.

Hope to meet up with folks at some point here in central CA.

Mike

Mechanos

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Jamul, CA, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Prater
Member #

Hello fellow Overlanders!
Long time lurker first time poster.

My rig is a 2020 Chevy ZR2 Bison that I am still building out.

I’m a US West member just east of Jamul, CA.

Experienced on pavement overlander. Just sold my custom built Sprinter for this new rig so we can get off the pavement. Have experience off roading and rigging. Comfortable enough to go alone.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello fellow Overlanders!
Long time lurker first time poster.

My rig is a 2020 Chevy ZR2 Bison that I am still building out.

I’m a US West member just east of Jamul, CA.

Experienced on pavement overlander. Just sold my custom built Sprinter for this new rig so we can get off the pavement. Have experience off roading and rigging. Comfortable enough to go alone.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Reactions: jmullen and Narbob

jmullen

Rank III

Influencer II

El Cajon, CA, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Mullen
Hi guys,
Joe Mullen
6'4", 220
Southpaw
Raised by wolves
I drive a diesel truck
I co-own a digital television network dedicated to the love of the outdoors.
I'm just now becoming acquainted with the concept of overlanding. I love camping with my family and will be head to Yellowstone from San Diego this summer.
Glad to be here.