Advocate I

Boulder Creek, CA, USA
First Name
gene
Last Name
L
Member #

Hey Gene!

Wow stellar rig! I actually just passed through Boulder Creek after going to the coast this past weekend beating the inland heat. Currently there isn’t a regular meet up on your side of the hill but the east bay has one. I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for June through November. Our next meet up will be June 14th, HOPEFULLY in person! But the Zoom meetings have been good as well.

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out
View attachment 156370
Thanks Kent and Dave, nice to have this info.

gene

Reactions: Kent R and PapaDave

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
new to overlanding
Welcome! Everyone starts out the same, wanting to see more of the world around them. What I love about overlanding is it can get me further and deeper than I would have ever gone otherwise. Plus I can sleep comfortably which helps! Hahaha

Take a look at the calendar and you’ll see you are not too far from the Tri-Valley meet up in the east bay. June 14th is our next meeting, which just might happen in person.

Glad you’re here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

Ranger Brand

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Gambrills, Maryland, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Harding
Member #

1) Actually ordering my rig right now to pick up when I return to the states.
2) Belgium currently but will be moving to Maryland at the beginning of the next year.
3) 2020 Ford Ranger XL FX4
4) Avid back packer and MTBer but very little experience Offroading/Overlanding

Dom the bomb 48

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Sunnyvale, CA, USA
First Name
dominic
Last Name
chapot
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Dom48
Welcome! Everyone starts out the same, wanting to see more of the world around them. What I love about overlanding is it can get me further and deeper than I would have ever gone otherwise. Plus I can sleep comfortably which helps! Hahaha

Take a look at the calendar and you’ll see you are not too far from the Tri-Valley meet up in the east bay. June 14th is our next meeting, which just might happen in person.

Glad you’re here.
Thanks! Happy to be apart of the community.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Actually ordering my rig right now to pick up when I return to the states.
2) Belgium currently but will be moving to Maryland at the beginning of the next year.
3) 2020 Ford Ranger XL FX4
4) Avid back packer and MTBer but very little experience Offroading/Overlanding
Welcome to Overland Bound!
When you get back to the states you will be in the Overland Bound East Region.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Bound by Region
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
The closest Member Representative to you is @cgflyer
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova
Overland Expo East is in October.
About EAST — Overland Expo®
Quick adult & youthTread Lightly online awareness course.
Tread Lightly | Online Courses
Tread Lightly! Youth Online Course

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for the add
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! Excited to join Overland Bound!
Bill here… New to overlanding and ready to get out on the trail. Is the pandemic over yet?
Currently in Southern CA. Driving a 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon with a few mods.
Will be at Overland Expo West in July! Can’t wait….
Welcome to Overland Bound Bill
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm Phillip, I did some fun trail riding in Washington when I was stationed in oak harbor (with my 98 Ford explorer 4x4). But more exploring than actual goinf to off road parks. Since I've moved pack to Panama City Florida 2017. I went back to college and got an 2018 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner 4X2. I enjoy riding down trails and exploring new places. Today I'm actually going over to Apalachicola National Forest for some exploring with a buddy. Here's a pic of my truck after Hurricane Michael. Just a scratch on the hood
Welcome To Overland Bound Phillip.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planning page for trips being planned by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Cendee & @radwelder
Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: SpeakEazy

Contributor I

Stanislaus National Forest, California, USA
First Name
RF
Last Name
Gipson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6SQA
Not much to say really. I live in the Sierras but spend a lot of time in the eastern Mojave Desert and have done portions of the Mojave Road multiple times. My rig is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler with a 3.5" long arm lift sitting on 35s. I'm also a general class amateur radio operator and focus mostly on 2m and 6m.

20200119_163036.jpg

Mountain Top

Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Puyallup, WA, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Kelly
Hello all. I have been camping and hiking all my life and started to off-road quite a bit and the combination of the two hit the nail on the head for me.

Located in Puyallup, WA
Rig is a bone stock 3rd Gen Tacoma, new platform for me. Been in the Jeep world for the past 15 years.
Experience level is intermediate, there is always something new to learn.

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello all. I have been camping and hiking all my life and started to off-road quite a bit and the combination of the two hit the nail on the head for me.

Located in Puyallup, WA
Rig is a bone stock 3rd Gen Tacoma, new platform for me. Been in the Jeep world for the past 15 years.
Experience level is intermediate, there is always something new to learn.
Welcome Jeremiah,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Highplainsdrifter

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

X
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Pressley
Member #

Hi just joined and me and my wife are very excited to start exploring and meet some great people that enjoy overlanding we have a couple of friends and family with rigs but are not always down to go so I’m hoping with this community I can find more people to hang out and camp and wheel with I have a 2009 trd off road Tacoma with a 6 speed manual 4x4 and a locking rear diff and after 2 years of saving I just purchased a icon stage 4 kit method wheels and Toyo 285/70/r17 mud tires and a brute force fab bed cage I am very excited to see what she can do when it’s all installed

Attachments

Nechten

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Salt Lake City, UT, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Plaizier
Member #

Hi All!

My name is Jonathan and I'm so excited to be here! This is a great community and I'm so happy to be a part of it. I've always wanted to go on off-road adventures and last year got a rig that could do it.

Rig: 2012 Toyota Tacoma (TRD Off-Road, Access Cab)
Overland Experience: Novice, but I hope to change that soon. 20191019_124726.jpg

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Not much to say really. I live in the Sierras but spend a lot of time in the eastern Mojave Desert and have done portions of the Mojave Road multiple times. My rig is a 2016 Jeep Wrangler with a 3.5" long arm lift sitting on 35s. I'm also a general class amateur radio operator and focus mostly on 2m and 6m.

View attachment 156546
Hello RF, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi All!

My name is Jonathan and I'm so excited to be here! This is a great community and I'm so happy to be a part of it. I've always wanted to go on off-road adventures and last year got a rig that could do it.

Rig: 2012 Toyota Tacoma (TRD Off-Road, Access Cab)
Overland Experience: Novice, but I hope to change that soon. View attachment 156595
Hello Jonathon, welcome to the OB community.