Brighton, CO, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Knight
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8FBR
Hello all!
CV-19 Lockdown has me motivated to do some projects, most importantly, join into the community!

I have always loved the Videos from Corrie and Michael, and now more than ever, they are a welcome distraction.

Current Rig: 07 JKU Rubi-Clone
Previous Rigs: 4runners (x5) and Subarus (x6)
Biggest challenge is keeping organization, with versatile, and not over dedication to equipment and losing functionality.
Looking forward to others tips / tricks and sharing mine.

20200308_173526.jpg

Last edited:

invAZ1AN

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Seattle, WA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Geren
Member #

Whats up! This is Anthony from Seattle,WA. I'm an IBEW electrician out of Seattle local. Ive been a big fan of Overlanding, and am an active outdoorsman. I just got my 2006 Ford F150, in December 2019. Was stocked pretty well, but now the fun part begins as i plan on the new build for my rig. I'm a novice in Overlanding, but looking forward to being in this community and meeting up, PROST!!!IMG_20200502_152843.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Whats up! This is Anthony from Seattle,WA. I'm an IBEW electrician out of Seattle local. Ive been a big fan of Overlanding, and am an active outdoorsman. I just got my 2006 Ford F150, in December 2019. Was stocked pretty well, but now the fun part begins as i plan on the new build for my rig. I'm a novice in Overlanding, but looking forward to being in this community and meeting up, PROST!!!View attachment 152129
Welcome Anthony ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

invAZ1AN

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Seattle, WA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Geren
Member #

Welcome Anthony ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound
Thanks M ROSE! Stay Well and safe to you too

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

Very_Cool_Jeep

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Mesa, AZ, USA
First Name
vasil
Last Name
sivilov
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N/A
Hello everyone my name is Vasil from Mesa, Arizona new member here.
For past two years ive been building my rig not quite yet done. This is my 2018 Jeep JL Rubicon 3.6 L Manual Trany , Teraflex Alpine CT3 3.5 Suspension with 3.3 Falcon adjustable shocks. I am still upgrading my Jeep and hopefully it will be ready for Overlanding next June. I am so proud to be part of Overland Bound team :)

Attachments

just_a_photog

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Fresno, CA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Kountz
Member #

Jeep-web.jpg
2012 Jeep JKU just slightly modified ;)
I have been enjoying the great outdoor for a long time. Now getting my wife and children involved is important to me also to spend quality time with them outdoors
Everything from quick day trips to the mountains to multi-day camping trips, we love adventures.

BT4R

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Baldwin, NY, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Walker
Member #

Hi All, my name is Brian and I have been camping and bow hunting for several years. I love the outdoors and last year I was finally able to buy a worthy vehicle to become my overlanding rig, a 2019 4Runner TRD off-road. I am looking forward to learning from everyone here and putting it to use.

MWallace

Rank VI

Off-Road Ranger II

Hamilton, Ohio, USA
First Name
Marcus
Last Name
Wallace
Member #

Service Branch
USMC Veteran
Hello everyone, I guess I should have done this before now. I am an engineer at a jet motor factory here in southern Ohio. I am on my second XJ and it is currently undergoing major surgery, but it should be good as new here soon. My experience is novice level, but I have a bit of experience off-road with my previous XJ and a railbuggy I built with my son.

Attachments

Broken504

Rank II

Contributor III

Burley, ID, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Culley
Member #

Not actually a new member, but do not recall posting here.
Recently moved back to the NW US, after a year and a half in Nebraska. Hopefully will finally have time to get involved with the group.
Mostly travel as a solo vehicle, but looking to join up with like minded folks.

Mike38310

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Adamsville, TN, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Hi all! Mike here from west TN. I've been into hiking, camping, canoeing etc... for years and stumbled onto overlanding several years ago on youtube and it caught my interest. My skill level is novice and look forward to learning from this community. Currently I drive a 2000 Silverado but will be upgrading at the beginning of 2021.

eLLezGX909

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

California, USA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Chung
Member #

Hey everyone! My name is Brett and I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I currently own a 2019 Toyota 4runner that I'm going to slowly build into an overland rig. I have a grandiose plan to retire around 52 or 53 and travel the country living out of my rig. We'll see if that actually comes to fruition! :smirk:
That sounds like a beautiful plan!

Reactions: Kent R and Brett L.

Turtle

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Calgary
First Name
Chris
Last Name
McPherson
Member #

Hi,

I’ve been putting this off for awhile... not sure why. Now, I just need something to look forward to... Stupid covid!

Best intro ever!!!!
My name is Chris, by the way.
From Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

I’ve got a few rigs on the go:

Daily - 2014 4Runner, plans, plans, plans. Reliable, no soul.
Toy - 1989 Land Cruiser, BJ74. RHD.
Project - 1979 Land Cruiser, FJ40. In pieces, since 2004.
Retired - 1985 Land Cruiser, BJ70. 500,000 Km+, runs like new, slowly disappearing back to the earth and ore it came from.
Pipe Dream - 1976 Land Cruiser, FJ55.

Love getting out, but don’t get to often enough. Constant effort to get out more.

Enough for now.

CRBIOGUY

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Davis, CA, USA
First Name
Cesar
Last Name
Ramirez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6SIA
Hi All

I'm a new member. Just joined last week. I'm based out of Davis CA after spending the last 3 year's living in Bothell WA. I'm originally from Carlsbad CA where my wife and I raised our 3 kids.

I drive a 2020 Subaru Forester (daily driver) and slowly upgrading it for overlanding. Last week I had a 2" hitch installed. My next step will be to have an Anderson Design 2" Lift installed (~2 week's). After that, tires.

I've been following Overland Bound (and many others) for some time and looking for my happy space of solitude and tranquility.

I hope to connect with like minded folks who also look for the peace and balance of adventure, nature and the experience of being self-sufficient.

I consider myself a novice. I have my HAM radio license (KJ6SIA) and very well practiced in advanced first aid. I also do a mean cup of Joe using my Alaskan organic whole beans and coffee press...

I appreciate all who take the time to read.

Kind Regards

Cesar

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Not actually a new member, but do not recall posting here.
Recently moved back to the NW US, after a year and a half in Nebraska. Hopefully will finally have time to get involved with the group.
Mostly travel as a solo vehicle, but looking to join up with like minded folks.
Hello Nick, welcome to the OB community no matter when you joined.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi All

I'm a new member. Just joined last week. I'm based out of Davis CA after spending the last 3 year's living in Bothell WA. I'm originally from Carlsbad CA where my wife and I raised our 3 kids.

I drive a 2020 Subaru Forester (daily driver) and slowly upgrading it for overlanding. Last week I had a 2" hitch installed. My next step will be to have an Anderson Design 2" Lift installed (~2 week's). After that, tires.

I've been following Overland Bound (and many others) for some time and looking for my happy space of solitude and tranquility.

I hope to connect with like minded folks who also look for the peace and balance of adventure, nature and the experience of being self-sufficient.

I consider myself a novice. I have my HAM radio license (KJ6SIA) and very well practiced in advanced first aid. I also do a mean cup of Joe using my Alaskan organic whole beans and coffee press...

I appreciate all who take the time to read.

Kind Regards

Cesar
Hello Cesar, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi,

I’ve been putting this off for awhile... not sure why. Now, I just need something to look forward to... Stupid covid!

Best intro ever!!!!
My name is Chris, by the way.
From Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

I’ve got a few rigs on the go:

Daily - 2014 4Runner, plans, plans, plans. Reliable, no soul.
Toy - 1989 Land Cruiser, BJ74. RHD.
Project - 1979 Land Cruiser, FJ40. In pieces, since 2004.
Retired - 1985 Land Cruiser, BJ70. 500,000 Km+, runs like new, slowly disappearing back to the earth and ore it came from.
Pipe Dream - 1976 Land Cruiser, FJ55.

Love getting out, but don’t get to often enough. Constant effort to get out more.

Enough for now.
Hello Chris, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all! Mike here from west TN. I've been into hiking, camping, canoeing etc... for years and stumbled onto overlanding several years ago on youtube and it caught my interest. My skill level is novice and look forward to learning from this community. Currently I drive a 2000 Silverado but will be upgrading at the beginning of 2021.
Hello Michael, welcome to the OB community.