Wellsboro, Tioga County, Pennsylvania, United States
First Name
Mitchell
Last Name
Amoriello
Member #

Service Branch
Army (EOD)
Hello everyone! My name is Mitch and I'm super excited to be getting into all this. I turned 31 today (starting to feel old) and bought a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk KL yesterday. I plan to get out and explore nature more with my son James who is almost 2 years old. He has shown immense interest in vehicles and the outdoors so overlanding seems to be the perfect combo. I'm located in central Texas and have explored some nearby parks while I was in the Army. I love gear, planning, packing, and rigging and can't wait to start on my rig.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi my name is Michael and I am currently living in Oklahoma. I drive a 2018 JLU till the Gladiator Diesel comes out. Have a military trailer converted for my overland setup. Looking forward to meeting new people and getting out with the family more.
Welcome from Tulsa Michael. I see you already found our local forum. Hopefully we’ll have a gathering when all this settles down.

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I'm Joseph and I'm in Charleston SC and I'm driving an 01 Jeep Grand Cherokee WJ with a straight 6 cylinder 4.0 liter engine. View attachment 152082
Welcome To Overland Bound Joseph.
The 4.0 in my opinion is the best engine Jeep ever made.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! My name is Mitch and I'm super excited to be getting into all this. I turned 31 today (starting to feel old) and bought a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk KL yesterday. I plan to get out and explore nature more with my son James who is almost 2 years old. He has shown immense interest in vehicles and the outdoors so overlanding seems to be the perfect combo. I'm located in central Texas and have explored some nearby parks while I was in the Army. I love gear, planning, packing, and rigging and can't wait to start on my rig.
Welcome to Overland Bound Mitch.
The Trailhawk is a very capable rig, I have seen it on the Rubicon Trail when it was getting the trail rated badge.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
jlprest located in Belgium (for now). I have a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. I have owned two previous Jeeps and various trucks. I don't mind getting muddy or stuck. In some areas I am a novice and in other areas I am experienced. Most importantly I don't mind learning new things. Mainly I enjoy the outdoors.
View attachment 152080
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your local Member Representative @Robert OB 33/48 for help or information.

Reactions: jlprest

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Guys,

I live in SoCal and i have a 07 4runner. New to overlanding but NOT new to exploring the great outdoors.

Cheers!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. Glad I found this group. I have a 2020 Chevy Silverado Trail Boss. I am located in Highland, CA. I consider myself a novice camper, but I want to take that to the next level to overlanding, which I have zero experience in. Hope to ride with some of you in the near future!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Dominic OB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi my name is Michael and I am currently living in Oklahoma. I drive a 2018 JLU till the Gladiator Diesel comes out. Have a military trailer converted for my overland setup. Looking forward to meeting new people and getting out with the family more.
Welcome to Overland Bound Michael.
The Gladiator with the diesel will be a great platform.
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Prerunner1982 @Iwata77
Your Regional Director is @ for additional help or information.

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! My name is Brett and I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I currently own a 2019 Toyota 4runner that I'm going to slowly build into an overland rig. I have a grandiose plan to retire around 52 or 53 and travel the country living out of my rig. We'll see if that actually comes to fruition! :smirk:
Welcome to Overland Bound Brett.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) He can advise you of local meet-ups.

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi my names Brian and my wife is Emily. We have a 2018 Jeep JKU Sahara we are building along with my 04 z71 Sunurban that we drive and love. Thinking about getting me a gladiator at some point this year to begin overland on. I'm excited to be here for all the knowledge.
Welcome To Overland Bound Brian & Emily.
Your idea about the Gladiator is a good one, I am very interested in seeing how the diesel performs.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Reactions: Bluedevilman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Thanks for adding me. I have a 1973 Ford Quadravan. Been updating for a minute. Just finished installing 347 stroker. Paint next. Looking to diy roof rack
Welcome To Overland Bound
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, my name is Paulina and I'm located in Scotland, UK (for the time being). We bought our Toyota Landcruiser 100 Series last year and have done a little bit of a build in the boot to maximise storage space (attached some photos!). Next are. an ARB front bumper and awning. Our first trip was supposed to be to Morocco in April, but unfortunately we had to cancel due to Coronavirus. Cannot wait to get started though. Hope everyone is keeping safe :blush:
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland who also lives in Scotland. Please contact him for information regarding local meet-ups and the current virtual campfire they have going.

Yaniv

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Israel
First Name
Yaniv
Last Name
Eliash
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
4X5DL
Hey there,

Yaniv from Israel (at the moment :grinning:)
We are travelling with various trucks in Israel and Jordan for over 15 years now.

Our latest truck is a Mitsubishi Triton (also known as L200 in some places), year 2017.
We camp on the ground (tents) or in hammocks (when there are trees), no RTT as it's a millage killer.

20190720_102538.jpgIMG_3397.CR2.jpg

navydevildoc

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Jamul, CA
First Name
Neill
Last Name
Thornton
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6NRT
Hey guys! Decided to sign up... any Land Rover guys might recognize me from other forums.

Rigs:
05 Land Rover LR3 HSE
84 Land Rover Defender 90
65 Land Rover Series IIA 88
Overlanding Experience Background: Pretty experienced, all over the western US, Canada, and Mexico.

Pathkiller

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Effingham, South Carolina, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA
Thanks for allowing me to join from South Carolina. My two "travel" passions are cross country RV travel and backwoods travel & adventure. My wife & I are long time campers and would travel in our Toyota SR5 pickup camping back in the 1980's, in our K2500 in the 90's and our 4Runner LTD in the 2000"s. We bought a Class A motorhome last in 2018 and recently bought our KL TRailhawk.

Our plan is cross country travel after my wife retires. spending weeks and even months in different parts of the country using our motor home as temporary base camp and doing 1-5 day trips overlanding in our Jeep. (In the meantime, we hope to find other overlanders in the Carolinas to do some overland camping with)

Attachments

Contributor I

Brighton, CO, USA
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Knight
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8FBR
Hello all!
CV-19 Lockdown has me motivated to do some projects, most importantly, join into the community!

I have always loved the Videos from Corrie and Michael, and now more than ever, they are a welcome distraction.

Current Rig: 07 JKU Rubi-Clone
Previous Rigs: 4runners (x5) and Subarus (x6)
Biggest challenge is keeping organization, with versatile, and not over dedication to equipment and losing functionality.
Looking forward to others tips / tricks and sharing mine.

20200308_173526.jpg

Last edited: