Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. Just joined (hence starting here)

Location: Central Illinois currently, born and raised in Texas
Rig: 1985 Toyota Land Cruiser, new build/project just getting started
Experience: Experienced camping/backpacking, new to Overlanding

Looking forward to getting more involved and know I will need advice on the build.
Jace
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. https://www.overlandexpo.com/east
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @geekhouse23
Quick online Tread Lightly! online awareness course
Tread Lightly | Online Courses

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy ya'll! My name is Tim. I have been hitting the trails most of my life, whether it be hiking or driving. Most of that has been in Florida and nothing technical. Just easy flat trail. I'm now in Tennessee and hitting the trails in my 2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited LJ and having a blast! Since it's been a while since I've been on the trails and now on trails more technical than Florida, I'm going to say I'm only a novice. Here is a picture of my rig I'm slowly building.
Welcome To Overland Bound Tim.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®
https://www.treadlightly.org/learn/online-courses/

Reactions: Jeeplife.rebooted

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 98 XJ Cherokee 5 speed
Experience: lots of overlanding little off road
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @BlueLineOverland @Paris0514 @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

I'm Steve, just joined today. I'm a retired software engineer and I drive a 2016 Rubicon JKU pulling a Turtleback trailer. I've done a lot of 4 wheeling day trips over the years but I've been overlanding for just over a year. So far, I've been doing mostly two night trips around Arizona but I am looking forward to getting out to other states in the Southwest. Hope to see you folks out there!
Welcome to Overland Bound Steve.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.
There is a local meet-up in the Phoenix area, for specifics contact @brien if your interested.
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! My name is Richard, but I go by Ken because I'm a junior. I am married with 5 children! I am a retired infantryman and former NJ volunteer firefighter. I have some 4 wheeling experience but not Overlanding. My family and I love to fish, hunt, camp, and explore the outdoors! Overlanding is something new to me and something that appeals to my way of thinking! I am also a senior at UNCW majoring in environmental science with a biology focus. I am studying for my HAM license now. My current rig is a stock 2006 GMC Yukon (family vehicle). However, it's a 2-wheel drive! That's an oxymoron for an SUV lol! My former reg was a 1999 Jeep XJ with a little lift on 35s!
View attachment 150319View attachment 150320View attachment 150345View attachment 150346View attachment 150347
Welcome To Overland Bound Ken.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Location - TwinCities Minnesota and I also have a house near the Mackinac Bridge in Michigan

Rig - 2007 4Runner Limited V6

Overlanding Experience Background - Novice

My daughter and I are looking forward to exploring and meeting new people.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Reactions: DayLight78

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlanders!
I'm Red, new member as of today and looking forward to broadening my camping experiences! I'm retired USAF enlisted aircrew; C-17 Loadmaster, Master Sergeant type. I'm new to Mississippi and very new to this thing you guys call "overlanding"... and I'm thrilled to learn! I'm looking forward to some adventures and meeting good people.

Rig: 2020 4Runner TRD Off Road; pretty much stock everything as of right now

View attachment 150338
Welcome To Overland Bound Red.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @BlueLineOverland @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, new member from Anaheim, CA. I am an experienced camper, hiker, and off-roader, but new to the overlanding scene. I’m currently working on getting my HAM radio license. Trying to be patient with the current situation, but can’t wait to get out of the house and out of the city! My rig is a 04 Jeep WJ.

View attachment 150334
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Reactions: FastLayne

WoodcockFamilyOverland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Shropshire, UK
First Name
Daryll
Last Name
Woodcock
Member #

I’m Daz and we are a family of four from the UK with my wife Paige and our 2 young daughters Molly and Liara travelling with our Disco 3 that I’ve been building up since I got it in 2018.

We have been watching OB and other Overlanding families on YouTube for years now and dreaming of doing the same!

We were lucky enough to live in Canada for a couple of years with the Military and I’m sure that’s where we caught this Overlanding bug! We managed to go on some epic road trips and camp out in beautiful surroundings in Canada and the States!

Now we are missing that adventure so much as we were supposed to be doing the NC500 in the Scottish Highlands with our roof top tent over the Easter period.

Anyway now we are officially members I hope that we can get involved with the community, get to know and maybe even meet some of you guys soon when this is all blown over!

And here’s a pic for good measure! Haha

30B1D7F8-53AA-47B0-BB54-C032DC1B9E89.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy everyone. My name is Doug & I am a new member. Great to be here. Been on the fence to becoming a member for awhile. Glad I finally got around to joining. I respect & appreciate the Community approach & family atmosphere. I currently have a stock 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road, which I plan on doing a bit of work on to help me & my family join the great outdoors more. I look forward to being a member & thanks for having me!
Welcome to Overland Bound Doug.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @TOMB
Your Regional Director is @Narbob for additional help or information.
There is an occasional meet-up in Fresno and an active one in Bakersfield, contact @TOMB for more information if your intersted.

Reactions: SLO Rob

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m Daz and we are a family of four from the UK with my wife Paige and our 2 young daughters Molly and Liara travelling with our Disco 3 that I’ve been building up since I got it in 2018.

We have been watching OB and other Overlanding families on YouTube for years now and dreaming of doing the same!

We were lucky enough to live in Canada for a couple of years with the Military and I’m sure that’s where we caught this Overlanding bug! We managed to go on some epic road trips and camp out in beautiful surroundings in Canada and the States!

Now we are missing that adventure so much as we were supposed to be doing the NC500 in the Scottish Highlands with our roof top tent over the Easter period.

Anyway now we are officially members I hope that we can get involved with the community, get to know and maybe even meet some of you guys soon when this is all blown over!

View attachment 150512
Welcome to Overland Bound Daz.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @professorpool
Your Regional Director is @Polaris Overland for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I've been subscribed to the overland bound youtube channel for a while now and finally got around to becoming a member. I've been overlanding for about 7 years now in the Western US. Looking forward to exploring more of the Overland Bound community.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here from central Texas with a 19 JLU Rubicon, still has to be my daily driver so it’s not too built. Mostly done camping and road trips but looking to get more into overlanding. Howdy.

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran

View attachment 150512,
Hey Daryll great to see our introducing yourself and look forward to you getting involved and see you on a trip

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi. my name is Daniel'. I have a 95 fzj80, live near Atlanta Georgia. I just mostly do short trips here and there camping and some offroading.
Welcome To Overland Bound Daniel.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Macetrek

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
JD
Last Name
Mejstrik
Member #

Good morning! My name is JD, and I'm on my 3rd Toyota, a 2011 Trail edition 4runner. Just moved to Denver, about a week before the lockdowns, but originally from Nebraska, and have lived all over the place during my 15 years in the Air Force.

Have done some offroading, and excited to connect with the bigger overlanding community.
4r.jpg

donj51

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Garner, IA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Hello Overlanders,

My beautiful wife and I have relocated to SW Kansas and my marathon running days are over. We use to be on the road all the time building windfarms and now it is time to go overlanding for fun and vacation.

I am close to closing a deal on a 08 GX470 (stock) and have really enjoyed reading all of the different builds and adventures so far.

So we will all be able to gather and be social and I look forward to meeting the locals and the new adventures that are in store for us.

Kind Regards,

Don & Anita.

RubiThom

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Metro Detroit, MI, USA
First Name
Thom
Last Name
Briggs
Member #

Hi everyone!

I'm from the Metro Detroit area. I've driven the entire Route 66 in my 2011 Mustang GT back in 2012, so I have "road trip" experience, but not much overlanding experience. The Mustang is gone and I now daily drive a 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. A few simple mods, so far. My "experience level" would be "Novice," as I've only done a few trails here and there so far. Here's a photo of "Frank the Tank" in the urban outback of Metro Detroit!

FrankTheTank.jpg

Macetrek

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
JD
Last Name
Mejstrik
Member #

Hello Overlanders,

My beautiful wife and I have relocated to SW Kansas and my marathon running days are over. We use to be on the road all the time building windfarms and now it is time to go overlanding for fun and vacation.

I am close to closing a deal on a 08 GX470 (stock) and have really enjoyed reading all of the different builds and adventures so far.

So we will all be able to gather and be social and I look forward to meeting the locals and the new adventures that are in store for us.

Kind Regards,

Don & Anita.
The 470's are great trucks! And most of them that I looked at were still in great shape even if they all had 150k on them.

Reactions: Kent R