Rank II

Enthusiast III

Dubai - United Arab Emirates
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Jenkins
Hello all

I have owned my 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU for 2 years and 70,000km now. I have enjoyed reading many of the posts on the forum but decided to get more involved now i am spending more time indoors! I have been spending the time planning more trips to other regions and across to Oman and would love to see if there are any other members from Dubai or the UAE in there.

Below is a picture of my rig at Wadi Showka.

whatsapp_image_2020_04_02_at_15_22_15_1__ebd998884252a9682039c15e9229b680178a360e.jpeg

I got the car stock and have only done a few small modifications:
- 2.5" AEV Lift Kit
- Fox Shocks
- Cooper AT3 285/70R17 Tyres
- Built in Mopar air compressor

Here in the UAE we mostly face miles and miles and miles of desert dunes when off-roading. However both here and Oman there are plenty of Wadis (dry riverbeds) to explore also

The dream would be to eventually drive the car back from here to the UK if and when i ever decide to leave!

RJJK

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Jenkins
Hi Everybody! My name is Simon and I'm currently based in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. A British Army Veteran who's permanent home is in France. Have overlanded all over Western Europe for the past 30 years in a number of different vehcles- mainly Land Rovers and an Isuzu DMax. Been in Dubai since 2014 and currently running an overland kitted 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I enjoy the different range of tracks here from tight wadis to desert sand.
Our plan is to drive back to France when we finish our work contracts here, so looking forward to the big trip in a couple of years, but in the meantime will continue to experience what the region has to offer as much as possible.View attachment 146618View attachment 146619View attachment 146620
Awesome vehicle!

A lot more kitted out than mine but glad to see another member from Dubai!

Reactions: Kent R and tmarvosh

RJJK

Rank II

Enthusiast III

First Name
Robert
Last Name
Jenkins
View attachment 109691

Hi there,

Joining in from Dubai in the Middle East looking to DIY my 2012 F-150, next project I'm looking at is my 12v system then I'll move onto my drawers and fridge slider.
We don't have loads of trails here so a lot of my time is spent in the desert or driving south into Oman to find a bit more rugged terrain in the mountains.

Hi Stuart, Keen to see how this project has come on and to hear about any trips you have made here in the Middle East!

Reactions: Kent R

HighGround

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Stafford, VA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Daniels
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRDV870 GMRS
Welcome to Overland Bound Brent.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Th closest Member Representative to you is @
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Overland Expo East is in October.
Thank you Kent, greatly appreciated!

Hautala88

Rank 0

Contributor I

Phoenix, AZ
First Name
austin
Last Name
hautala
Member #

Hello Austin (@Hautala88 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Once the current state of life is back to normal, whatever that may be keep an eye out for an East Valley meet up in Gilbert.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Awesome, thanks so much

SonE1978

Rank 0

Contributor I

Whittier, CA, USA
First Name
Santos
Last Name
Prado
Hello everyone. My name is Santos and I’m new to the overlanding community. I have an 02 Ford Excursion 4x4 with a 7.3 power stroke. I previously had a V10 Ex lifted on 35’s but gave it to my parents to drive all their grandkids around. I haven’t started to build up my Rig yet because of the current situation in the country but plan on starting it when things get better. It’s still pretty capable in its stock form and my family enjoy taking it to the mountains to camp and fish. I’ll stop rambling on and just say that I hope everyone on here is doing well and God Bless

tmarvosh

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Henderson NV
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Marvosh
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AI7ER
Hi all, I'm new to this forum stuff, not so new to the trails.
My name is Todd
I drive a 2008 Toyota Tacoma and live in Las Vegas NV. I originally set my truck up so that I would be able to go to some of the more remote mountain bike trails and be able to stay a few days. Before I knew it I'd built an overland rig. Not perfect but it mine. Then on Instagram I started to see people getting these cool little metal medallions and I had to find out more.IMG_20200412_131346_430.jpg

Slambo1

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Gaffney, South Carolina, United States
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Slamin
Member #

Service Branch
Army/Air Force
New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hello from Upstate South Carolina!
I am excited to be here! ‘Been fourwheelin’ since ‘85 when I picked up my up brand new CJ-7 when I was stationed in “West” Germany. Was founding member and President of “German-American Offroad Club Mittelhessen” in Giessen. ‘Miss my German off-roading buddies. Was lucky enough to participate in 3rd European Jeepers Jamboree taking place in the Ardennes Forest following the tracks of our troops involved in the “ Battle of the Bulge“. Looking fwd to making new friends and learning new lessons here. My rig is a 2017 Jeep Rubicon. See y’all soon and be safe and healthy out there!

Attachments

cambur7855

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Harris County, Texas, United States
First Name
Rafael
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
Hi there, my name is Rafael, my OLV is a 1989 TLC FJ62, I live in the North Houston area, looking forward meeting you guys one of these days after this Covid-19 thing! I have travel around the US, Europe and South America in many road trips, have camping experience, basic 4 wheeling skills, no like rock crawling and stuff like that, I have mechanical background (my line of work requires it), like traveling, food, and good drinks around great people, family of 6, 4 ladies, my female dog, and me! I know I am outnumbered!! :) looking forward meeting you!

Attachments

FJ-Edgar

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Shannon
Last Name
Herschberger
Member #

My name is Shannon. I had always wanted an FJ Cruiser since they came out in ‘07. In October 2019 I went to see a 2011 TT that was found by my daughter’s boyfriend. I knew at first sight he had to be mine.
I used to ride a quad and camp in Oregon a lot until 2017 when a large Douglas Fir came down at home... the toy hauler didn’t make it. I sold my quad with great sadness.
My FJ, “Edgar”, has stirred up a new passion. After the COVID-19 quarantine I am looking forward to spending time on the trails and getting out to meet people who enjoy the same things I do. I have a very small circle of friends, but this group seems so inviting and welcoming that I’m excited to meet a fantastic group of kind people who look out for each other and enjoy adventure. Also, my beloved dog, Hazel, recently passed so I’ll be extra happy to meet everyone’s dogs. This is a new adventure I’m looking forward to with excitement. Thanks to all for being so welcoming.

Attachments

FJ-Edgar

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Portland, OR, USA
First Name
Shannon
Last Name
Herschberger
Member #

I'm Nate from Austin, Texas but soon moving to Grand Junction, CO.
I currently have a '16 Toyota Tundra; however, in the market for a 4Runner.
Fairly new to this; however, I am learning as fast as I can.
I’m also new. I have to ask my daughter how to use Instagram:) I’m trying to figure it out. Everyone seems very patient, though.

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

MassTaco'18

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hubbardston, Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Geyster
Member #

Hello everyone!
Happy to become a member of this ocerlanding community, and to hopefully make some connections in the New England area.

Rig: 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport

Experience: Moderately experienced. I've been offroading nearly my entire life, with family when younger and in my own jeeps throughout high school. Now that I own a Tacoma rigged up, I'm ready to delve into overland adventures!

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Nate (@GoWithTheFlow ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. When our current predicament passes and we are able to congregate again perhaps you could join the North Central Texas Meet & Greet the 1st Saturday of each month in Round Rock.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Rafael (@cambur7855 ), welcome from Oklahoma. I am outnumbered just the same as you, but my wife special man to be a daddy to 3 girls.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!
Happy to become a member of this ocerlanding community, and to hopefully make some connections in the New England area.

Rig: 2018 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport

Experience: Moderately experienced. I've been offroading nearly my entire life, with family when younger and in my own jeeps throughout high school. Now that I own a Tacoma rigged up, I'm ready to delve into overland adventures!
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Th closest Member Representative to you is @Mathes
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,
My name is Marco. I live in the Netherlands and are close to buy my first 4x4.
A 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser.
Hope to get inspired by this cool forum.
Welcome to Overland Bound Marco.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Robert OB 33/48