Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member from Orange County here. I picked up a '20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon and have been getting out on local trails and looking forward to the overlanding experience.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Community! First of Michael, thanks for the well thought out videos. I found you all through YouTube and excited to get started here. I've been a backpacker for a long time and occasional car camper, but normally with a bit of a hike. We've got a little girl on the way and are looking to make the change to more truck based stuff so we can camp more often than not.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good day Everyone,
My name is William but go by Bill. My dad started us out overlanding in a ‘66 olds station wagon. We saw a lot of the west in that and a ‘72 olds vista cruiser. We just called it car camping with lots of hiking and fishing. I did the same with my family with a variety of trucks, campers, tents, trailers and SUVs. My Wife and I currently live just outside placerville CA And have an LX450 (80 series Land Cruiser in disguise) That we have had since ’97. We recently acquired a used MOAB trailer and have had a ball dragging it around Nevada this last year. We are always trying new things and looking for ways to make our overlanding adventures easier, safer and most of all enjoyable. I am still trying to find the balance point of not overpacking, but still being prepared. When we get to the end of the overland roads, we break our mules out and pack into the way back country To really get a way. Looking forward to sharing what we have learned and learning more about how you all overland.
regards,
BillView attachment 148916
Welcome to Overland Bound Bill.
I also live outside Placerville in El Dorado.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

There are three Sac Area meet-ups that you might be interested in, the closest to you is in Cameron Park, Sierra Foothills Overlanders.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado Hills CA Contact @Kent R
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
Elk Grove, CA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. Chad here. I'm from Monterey, California. I'm a Trauma Nurse and former 1st MARDIV Corpsman. I've been in the outdoors most of my life and grew up on the Rubicon trail. Used to own a CJ5 when I was younger but I just got a Tundra to build something capable of overlanding with my 10 year old son and hauling my motorcycles to the racetrack. Thanks for having me aboard :-)View attachment 148891
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody

Reactions: TundraChad

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all, I am Pete from the Houston, Tx area. I have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon. And look forward to gaining knowledge and sharing it as well.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Eastern North Carolina!
I am a first time Wrangler owner but have had Land Rover discovery 2 and Jeep commander in the past as basic overlanding vehicles. I do plan to build this jeep as a dialy driver and overlander. I hope to meet up with some local/regional members in the near future.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everybody!
Currently resides in Bend OR
Preferred mode of travel: VW Syncros
Experience: Expert - I consider my rig to be my home over my house! But I still learn something new everytime I get out there.View attachment 148812
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

iansundell

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Sundell
Member #

Hello OLB community!

My name is Ian and I live in the San Antonio, TX area. My wife, Linda and I enjoy the outdoor and have done a few trips now in our 2015 Subaru FXT. The things I’ve done to the FXT is down size the wheals from 18” to 17” and change the tires to 225/55-17 KO2 which made the overall wheal and tire size a little bigger. I also did a very basic home brew skid plate. I have some basic off road experience but am still a novice. My wife and I really look forward to bring a part of the community!7D589E68-9683-4B13-9373-C35A15CB7C7F.jpeg

IronRangeOverland

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

St Paul, MN, USA
First Name
Will
Last Name
Sassenberg
Member #

How’s it going folks, my name is Will. I’ve been a long time follower of the channel and just became a member. Took me a good number of years to purchase a vehicle that was trail worthy but I’m excited and eager to drive the trails and correspond with this community. My only experience is as a passenger with my old man when I was younger, but I’ve been itching to have the freedom to be out in nature and away from the city, especially given the current state of affairs.
Really looking forward to learning from the community and getting advice for ideal camp set ups.
D90E6217-C012-4C2E-B7EF-F6C1F6A5929B.jpegD90E6217-C012-4C2E-B7EF-F6C1F6A5929B.jpeg

St. Paul, MN USA
2020 Jeep JL Rubicon

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Hello OLB community!

My name is Ian and I live in the San Antonio, TX area. My wife, Linda and I enjoy the outdoor and have done a few trips now in our 2015 Subaru FXT. The things I’ve done to the FXT is down size the wheals from 18” to 17” and change the tires to 225/55-17 KO2 which made the overall wheal and tire size a little bigger. I also did a very basic home brew skid plate. I have some basic off road experience but am still a novice. My wife and I really look forward to bring a part of the community!View attachment 149041
Welcome! Nice looking Subie you got there.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
How’s it going folks, my name is Will. I’ve been a long time follower of the channel and just became a member. Took me a good number of years to purchase a vehicle that was trail worthy but I’m excited and eager to drive the trails and correspond with this community. My only experience is as a passenger with my old man when I was younger, but I’ve been itching to have the freedom to be out in nature and away from the city, especially given the current state of affairs.
Really looking forward to learning from the community and getting advice for ideal camp set ups.
View attachment 149050View attachment 149050

St. Paul, MN USA
2020 Jeep JL Rubicon
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27

Reactions: IronRangeOverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello OLB community!

My name is Ian and I live in the San Antonio, TX area. My wife, Linda and I enjoy the outdoor and have done a few trips now in our 2015 Subaru FXT. The things I’ve done to the FXT is down size the wheals from 18” to 17” and change the tires to 225/55-17 KO2 which made the overall wheal and tire size a little bigger. I also did a very basic home brew skid plate. I have some basic off road experience but am still a novice. My wife and I really look forward to bring a part of the community!View attachment 149041
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi everybody!
Currently resides in Bend OR
Preferred mode of travel: VW Syncros
Experience: Expert - I consider my rig to be my home over my house! But I still learn something new everytime I get out there.View attachment 148812
Welcome Kevin,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Big G is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again Kevin.
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Kobayashi

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico
First Name
Pablo
Last Name
Kobayashi
Member #

Hello, everyone! I’m Pablo from Mexico City. I am a bit far away from most of you but I look forward to expanding the community. I own a 2013 JK and a 2019 Subaru Forester. Before all this started my wife and I were planning a trip to Canada and back. We hope we can do that very soon. If anyone is planning a trip to Mexico don’t hesitate to contact me.

Attachments

Kurosawa

Rank II

Contributor II

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Jesse
Last Name
Stamper
Member #

Hello everyone,

DFW, Texas

2016 Toyota Land Cruiser
Icon stage 5
34" Toyo Open Country ll
Trekboxx drawer system
Victron solar
Onboard battery charger
Dometic CFX dual-zone fridge

New to difficult offroading but definitely a long time roadtrip, camping and backpacking fan. Over the last year, I've been building this out for long-distance adventures with my wife and daughter and having some fun learning the capabilities of my rig at offroad vehicle parks.

I'm very much enjoying all the resources here on Overland Bound. I'm under the same handle over at IH8MUD as well.

IMG_1925.jpegIMG_1323.jpeg

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Hello everyone,

DFW, Texas

2016 Toyota Land Cruiser
Icon stage 5
34" Toyo Open Country ll
Trekboxx drawer system
Victron solar
Onboard battery charger
Dometic CFX dual-zone fridge

New to difficult offroading but definitely a long time roadtrip, camping and backpacking fan. Over the last year, I've been building this out for long-distance adventures with my wife and daughter and having some fun learning the capabilities of my rig at offroad vehicle parks.

I'm very much enjoying all the resources here on Overland Bound. I'm under the same handle over at IH8MUD as well.

View attachment 149145View attachment 149147
Welcome! Nice looking LandCruiser

Reactions: Kent R