Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello everyone, I’m not new to off-road but I am new to overland and building a 2007 Tahoe LT. just recently moved to the edge of the Great Basin in a little town called Susanville. It’s ideal for this obsession as I have the Great Basin on one side and the Sierra’s and Cascades on the other side.
Welcome to OB! Susanvile, have heard of it. Now I have to go check it out!

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
1) I don't have a picture at the moment but will add one later on.
2) New Hampshire, USA
3) 2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport (2-door)
4) 4 wheel Novice
Welcome to OB! Lots of great four wheeling info to be found here! Get out there and start on easy gravel, look for easy, safe, obstacles to start trying. Once you conquer the first few your confidence will grow and you will take on more and more. Good idea to take a buddy to help get you unstick - thats part of it too!

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
Hello All,
I'm JD... Live in Orange County, CA
Have owned mostly Subaru or Land Rovers, but now have a 2000 LX470.
I've camped a lot and Overlanding just seemed like the natural progression. So I'm a full time novice but excited to hear and learn from you all.

Rig is bone stock now... but that will be changing quickly and a research and find the right parts.

Thanks again.

View attachment 147924
Welcome to Overland Bound JD.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
Welcome, JD! I’m in Orange County and currently drive a Subaru. Would love to see you at a meetup and on the trail after all of us can be our and about again.

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Hello All,
I'm JD... Live in Orange County, CA
Have owned mostly Subaru or Land Rovers, but now have a 2000 LX470.
I've camped a lot and Overlanding just seemed like the natural progression. So I'm a full time novice but excited to hear and learn from you all.

Rig is bone stock now... but that will be changing quickly and a research and find the right parts.

Thanks again.

View attachment 147924
Welcome from South OC! I still have my 05 WRX...can't let it go especially since it is manual. Hope to see you around!

Reactions: Kent R

Trevor C

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Las Vegas
Member #

Trevor here, LVRider, started out with a rzr and a 18 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. Loved getting on the trails but found myself wanting to get more out of the experience. Went and bought a 2020 Rubicon. Love the trails now. They are so capable. Was out on the trail the second day. Have about a third of my breakin miles off-road. my GSP loves the fact that we go out all the time. I look forward to meeting new people and sharing info related to Overlanding.

Attachments

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Trevor here, LVRider, started out with a rzr and a 18 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk. Loved getting on the trails but found myself wanting to get more out of the experience. Went and bought a 2020 Rubicon. Love the trails now. They are so capable. Was out on the trail the second day. Have about a third of my breakin miles off-road. my GSP loves the fact that we go out all the time. I look forward to meeting new people and sharing info related to Overlanding.
Welcome to OB! Nice rig, it will take you places... Mine goes places where my courage has to catch up to :) Check out Rally Point to connect with locals and find group adventures in your area. My group does a lot of overlanding N of you around Winnemucca/Elko and love the area.

Reactions: Kent R

Ol' Scooter

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tyler, TX, USA
First Name
Scotty
Last Name
Shuffield
Member #

Scooter here, live and direct from East Texas (Tyler, TX). I don't have a photo of my rig but at present I'm running in a 1998 Chev Silverado 1500 Extended Cab, which is actually in really good condition. I have a few ideas for a replacement in the future and I'll update that info when I can. Been following OB for a couple of years and wanted to join but just didn't quiet get there until now. I'm retired (but that may be changing as getting new rig may require getting a job again) and spent most of my life in the Navy working as a Hospital Corpsman. I'm looking forward to doing some backcountry camping and adventure traveling. I also have many years of experience driving miltary 4X4 "Cracker-Box" style ambulances in the worst of heavy weather scenarios.

Last edited:

CubbyRunner

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Harro
Member #

Good to be here!

I am Mark. Living in Bend Oregon.

My Covid-project has been bring my 1988 Toyota 4Runner back to life. I just finished a new paint job and am focusing on reliability-oriented overland build-out. It’s good to be here and I’m just starting to dig in to OB.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good to be here!

I am Mark. Living in Bend Oregon.

My Covid-project has been bring my 1988 Toyota 4Runner back to life. I just finished a new paint job and am focusing on reliability-oriented overland build-out. It’s good to be here and I’m just starting to dig in to OB.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Your Regional Director is @M Rose for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, 2013 2 door jk from Las vegas! Excited to be part of the community!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @HappyOurOverlanding
Your Regional Director is @Narbob for additional help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,
Excited to be apart of the Overlanding community, looking forward to going on some adventures and meeting new people.

2) Virginia Beach, VA
3) Rig 1991 Land Rover Defender 90, 200 tdi
4) Overlanding Experience Background NoviceView attachment 148455
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 148453
Rig: 2020 Tacoma TRD Off Road
Exp: Overall Novice
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

DirtVan

Rank I

Contributor III

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Chase
Last Name
Flores
What’s going on good people?
My name is Chase.
I have been following OB on YouTube for quite awhile now and finally joined the forum for even more great info, meeting great people and going on adventures.

I live in Orange County Ca.

You may have guessed it my rig is an 03 Ford Econoline. (Slowly turning into a self built “Sportsmobile”)

I am a novice when it comes to Overlanding, but I’m excited to build my rig so my family and I can build some memories. 457DA696-A99B-4542-B499-248F6186DB58.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Scooter here, live and direct from East Texas (Tyler, TX). I don't have a photo of my rig but at present I'm running in a 1998 Chev Silverado 1500 Extended Cab, which is actually in really good condition. I have a few ideas for a replacement in the future and I'll update that info when I can. Been following OB for a couple of years and wanted to join but just didn't quiet get there until now. I'm retired (but that may be changing as getting new rig may require getting a job again) and spent most of my life in the Navy working as a Hospital Corpsman. I'm looking forward to doing some backcountry camping and adventure traveling.
Welcome to Overland Bound Scooter.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
Your Regional Director is @brien for additional help or information.

About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Reactions: Ol' Scooter

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What’s going on good people?
My name is Chase.
I have been following OB on YouTube for quite awhile now and finally joined the forum for even more great info, meeting great people and going on adventures.

I live in Orange County Ca.

You may have guessed it my rig is an 03 Ford Econoline. (Slowly turning into a self built “Sportsmobile”)

I am a novice when it comes to Overlanding, but I’m excited to build my rig so my family and I can build some memories. View attachment 148480
Welcome to Overland Bound Chase.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Scotty (@Scooter51 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Hopefully when this lockdown blows over the DFW meet ups with pick up again. It's the closest meet up to you, not real close I realize but then again in Texas close is a relative term.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.