Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What’s up gang. Newbie here and it’s my time to say hello. I herd about the site from Trail Recon. As you all know, overloading is a deeeep Rabbit hole. I love the community and can’t wait for some adventure with cool people.
Current rig- 2000 Jeep TJ, big long list of equipment and upgrades. We typically would be in Moab this week:(.
Live In Rocklin Ca. It’s at the base of the Sierra Nevada’s if your not from the area. I’m very luck to have the Rubicon trail and others in my back yard.

look forward to meeting up with you locals soon.
RayView attachment 148016
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
There are two local meet-ups in your area, the closest is in Auburn;
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
The other is in Cameron Park
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado Hills CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Dvg350

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Cumming, GA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;
This is great info!! Ty very much sir!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all.

Been a member since early last year but only just signed up to the forums. I live in Perth, Western Australia and we get out and explore every chance we get. My wife and I own Australia's oldest 4WD magazine, Western 4W Driver, which has been telling our readers "where to go" for the last 31 years. Looking forward to meeting other members both online and (when the restrictions are lifted) on the tracks. We took the photo below on a family trip last year up to Broome when we stopped for a few days at 80 Mile Beach. We were having a play on the sand with some other friends that were travelling with us. The tide was out so we had plenty of room and there was hardly anyone else on the beach.

View attachment 148004

Image: Our Toyota LC200 Sahara on 80 Mile Beach, Western Australia.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone! I reside in SoCal and just bought a 2020 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 Off Road Edition last week! My dream truck! I have limited off road / over landing experience. I‘ve traversed the Mojave Trail a couple of times with a large group of guys and have done some exploring in the Eastern Sierras. My boys are 9 and 13, the perfect age to get out, explore, and make memories. I’m looking forward to meeting other off road enthusiast!

View attachment 147996
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey! New to the group. I tried posting earlier but not sure if I did it correctly or not. New to overlanding as well. I'm a foot travel kind of guy. Backcountry backpacking and hiking...etc. I'm wanting to turn my 2016 Nissan Titan XD into a rig. Hopefully I'll get some great ideas and info here!! Hopefully the pic of my empty canvas showed up!! Lots to do to her!!
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan .
Overland Expo east is in October;
About EAST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, all! I'm Betsy. I'm from central-ish Oklahoma. I'm kinda new to overlanding so I'm still learning. I have a 2014 4Runner trail which is both my daily driver and our overland vehicle which makes some of our trips a little more docile than others but we still have fun. My commute is a lot of dirt road with a little bit of highway and I always end up putting a lot of miles on my rig each year. I really want to branch out and be able to take more trips and meet people in our area so we can join up at rallies or any kind of meet-ups, really. The most recent picture I have isn't the best, but we were able to visit Lake Texoma State Parkthis last weekend and get out of the house. View attachment 147928
Welcome to Overland Bound Betsy.
The closest Member Representatives to you for local information are @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77
Your Regional Director is @ Brien for additional help or information.

About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,
I'm JD... Live in Orange County, CA
Have owned mostly Subaru or Land Rovers, but now have a 2000 LX470.
I've camped a lot and Overlanding just seemed like the natural progression. So I'm a full time novice but excited to hear and learn from you all.

Rig is bone stock now... but that will be changing quickly and a research and find the right parts.

Thanks again.

View attachment 147924
Welcome to Overland Bound JD.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello @Betsy , welcome from Navina, Oklahoma. I will have an event at some point, hopefully this year that ventures right through your area so keep an eye out for that.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know. @Iwata77 is a multi-state member rep located up in the Tulsa area.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

-Paulo-

Rank 0

Contributor I

Ft Lauderdale, FL, USA
First Name
Paulo
Last Name
Gouveia
Hi there!

Thanks for the add!

My wife and I have some camping experience and were looking into start overlanding this year (2020), but Covid-19 put a stop to it.

We are still learning as much as we can about rig setup, gear, budget, etc. There is soo much good content out there (and there is bad too lol).

One of my friends from work sent me to the Overland Bound community.

I hope to learn from you all and soon to be on the road with my family to create great experiences and connection with mother nature.

Cheers,

Paulo

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hi there!

Thanks for the add!

My wife and I have some camping experience and were looking into start overlanding this year (2020), but Covid-19 put a stop to it.

We are still learning as much as we can about rig setup, gear, budget, etc. There is soo much good content out there (and there is bad too lol).

One of my friends from work sent me to the Overland Bound community.

I hope to learn from you all and soon to be on the road with my family to create great experiences and connection with mother nature.

Cheers,

Paulo
Welcome Paolo and wife! There is a lot of great knowledge here for sure.

Betsy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Glencoe, Payne County, OK, USA
First Name
Betsy
Last Name
Matlock
Member #

Hello @Betsy , welcome from Navina, Oklahoma. I will have an event at some point, hopefully this year that ventures right through your area so keep an eye out for that.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know. @Iwata77 is a multi-state member rep located up in the Tulsa area.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Thank you! I did submit my request to join Overland Bound - Southwest already and I'm super excited to start connecting with people. I appreciate the tips!

Plumber

Rank 0

Contributor I

First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Sanders
Hello everyone, I’m not new to off-road but I am new to overland and building a 2007 Tahoe LT. just recently moved to the edge of the Great Basin in a little town called Susanville. It’s ideal for this obsession as I have the Great Basin on one side and the Sierra’s and Cascades on the other side.

kopper99

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Indian Trail, NC, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Klemas
Member #

What’s up gang. Newbie here and it’s my time to say hello. I herd about the site from Trail Recon. As you all know, overloading is a deeeep Rabbit hole. I love the community and can’t wait for some adventure with cool people.
Current rig- 2000 Jeep TJ, big long list of equipment and upgrades. We typically would be in Moab this week:(.
Live In Rocklin Ca. It’s at the base of the Sierra Nevada’s if your not from the area. I’m very luck to have the Rubicon trail and others in my back yard.

look forward to meeting up with you locals soon.
RayView attachment 148016
Welcome!!! Nice Jeep!!

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi, all! I'm Betsy. I'm from central-ish Oklahoma. I'm kinda new to overlanding so I'm still learning. I have a 2014 4Runner trail which is both my daily driver and our overland vehicle which makes some of our trips a little more docile than others but we still have fun. My commute is a lot of dirt road with a little bit of highway and I always end up putting a lot of miles on my rig each year. I really want to branch out and be able to take more trips and meet people in our area so we can join up at rallies or any kind of meet-ups, really. The most recent picture I have isn't the best, but we were able to visit Lake Texoma State Parkthis last weekend and get out of the house. View attachment 147928
Hi Betsy!
Welcome from Tulsa

We have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

BenH

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Glengarriff, Cork, Ireland
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Heydenrych
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound Simon.
In the UAE we don't have many members but they are active, you might want to contact @BenH to see whats up with other members. Our West Europe Director Dave Spinks is also a vet and has done lots of long distance travel he is a great resource. @Polaris Overland
Hi Kent,
Cheers for the intro much appreciated.

Hi Simon,
Glad to see the Jeeps are getting kitted. Nice rig.
You can PM or Kent and his team is currently working on a UAE page. Which will be ideal when completed.