Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi Everybody!

Rig: 1990 Isuzu Trooper
Experience: I’m definitely a beginner, however, most definitely a wandering traveler. I work for the Forest Service during the summer months and travel to new unexplored (for my part that is) places, people and things. My end state is to eventually do the Pan American Highway, but know I have a lot to learn about my vehicle and overlanding before I embark on that journey. Here to learn, but more importantly to adventure with my rig and people who share that same zest for life.
Hello Nick, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

daola_adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Explorer I

Raubling, Deutschland
First Name
David
Last Name
Reinhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
13RF521 CB Band11m
Hi there,
we are new OB members from Germany.
Can't wait to put on the OB Emblem to our rig :)
Our Drive is a 2019 Nissan Navara with an Alucab Canopy and a Frontrunner Rooftop Tent.
We call it "Liam Nissan".
See you on the track and stay safe !
David and Karola

img_3989.jpg

wlson1970

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
jamie
Last Name
wilson
Member #

Hey, I'm Matt.

I live in San Diego county and just bought a black 1996 Land Cruiser. I'm new to overlanding but fairly experienced with backpacking/camping, working on cars, and designing/building stuff.

My last trip was as a passenger/spotter in the Anza Borrego area and I've definitely caught the bug.
welcome to the family. i have a brother in temecula area. its a nice place to wander around.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hi there,
Our Drive is a 2019 Nissan Navara with an Alucab Canopy and a Frontrunner Rooftop Tent.
David and Karola

View attachment 147880
Welcome! Liam Nissan? Hilarious!!!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there,
David and Karola

View attachment 147880
Welcome to Overland Bound David & Karola.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Robert OB 33/48

Reactions: daola_adventures

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad to be hear. Just got into Overlanding, looking forward to learning more.
Thanks,
Chad
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @BlueLineOverland & @NC-Trooper

Overland Expo east is in October;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, Jason here. I'm new here. I currently have a 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. I'm just looking at getting back into overlanding. I used to own a Toyota FJ and loved it. I live in Ventura CA. If one of the admins read this can you PM me. I have a question about membership.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys,
Grumpy (aka Bob) here. Newbie, but have purchased our RTT to get us started this spring. We only have a 2-wheel drive 2003 Yukon XL, so hoping to find some nice off road areas for 2wD. We are looking at Tacoma Off Road trucks later in the year once we get back to work as a school bus driver. We'll scour the forums for some nice 2wD areas, but if anyone knows of a few in the mountains of NM or CO, please let me know. We're in the Dallas, TX area and planning a few very local shake down weekends to see what is truly needed. We've been camping alot when we were younger, tents and RV's, but this will be a big first with backroads and true adventure! Hope to see ya soon! Stay safe and wash those hands. :-)
Welcome to Overland Bound!
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Kirk T

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Palmdale, CA, USA
First Name
Kirk
Last Name
Tylosky
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6NIE
Service Branch
Army and Navy
Welcome to Overland Bound Kirk
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July https://www.overlandexpo.com/west
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Good morning Kent,

Thanks for all the great information. Have a great day!!

Thanks,
Kirk

Spotted Dolphin

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

The OC
First Name
JD
Last Name
Donnelson
Member #

Hello All,
I'm JD... Live in Orange County, CA
Have owned mostly Subaru or Land Rovers, but now have a 2000 LX470.
I've camped a lot and Overlanding just seemed like the natural progression. So I'm a full time novice but excited to hear and learn from you all.

Rig is bone stock now... but that will be changing quickly and a research and find the right parts.

Thanks again.

60531748936__8281B6B4-B022-48F8-A92C-AA116654ECC5.JPG

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hello All,
I'm JD... Live in Orange County, CA
Have owned mostly Subaru or Land Rovers, but now have a 2000 LX470.
I've camped a lot and Overlanding just seemed like the natural progression. So I'm a full time novice but excited to hear and learn from you all.

Rig is bone stock now... but that will be changing quickly and a research and find the right parts.

Thanks again.

View attachment 147924
Welcome to OB! My wife @Heidi drives the same rig, same color, same year and bone stock - but the boy and I have plans for that! I'm going to follow you and try to keep in touch - really really interested in your build! Offered to get her a new car but she loves it and said "nope". Can't go wrong with an extra bullet proof Toyota. Cracks me up that they have a manual transfer case selector! You may recognize the interior door panel behind professor doggy in my profile pic.

Betsy

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Glencoe, Payne County, OK, USA
First Name
Betsy
Last Name
Matlock
Member #

Hi, all! I'm Betsy. I'm from central-ish Oklahoma. I'm kinda new to overlanding so I'm still learning. I have a 2014 4Runner trail which is both my daily driver and our overland vehicle which makes some of our trips a little more docile than others but we still have fun. My commute is a lot of dirt road with a little bit of highway and I always end up putting a lot of miles on my rig each year. I really want to branch out and be able to take more trips and meet people in our area so we can join up at rallies or any kind of meet-ups, really. The most recent picture I have isn't the best, but we were able to visit Lake Texoma State Parkthis last weekend and get out of the house. Texoma Picture .jpg

Spotted Dolphin

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

The OC
First Name
JD
Last Name
Donnelson
Member #

Welcome to OB! My wife @Heidi drives the same rig, same color, same year and bone stock - but the boy and I have plans for that! I'm going to follow you and try to keep in touch - really really interested in your build! Offered to get her a new car but she loves it and said "nope". Can't go wrong with an extra bullet proof Toyota. Cracks me up that they have a manual transfer case selector! You may recognize the interior door panel behind professor doggy in my profile pic.
That’s awesome... I worked for Subaru and Rover for a while, why I know them. But now I work for Toyota, so seemed like a good way to go. Plus vs my Rover, this is way more reliable and cost effective. Lol.
A roof rack, tires, and a cabinet setup are first on my list.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Hi, all! I'm Betsy. I'm from central-ish Oklahoma. I'm kinda new to overlanding so I'm still learning. I have a 2014 4Runner trail which is both my daily driver and our overland vehicle which makes some of our trips a little more docile than others but we still have fun. My commute is a lot of dirt road with a little bit of highway and I always end up putting a lot of miles on my rig each year. I really want to branch out and be able to take more trips and meet people in our area so we can join up at rallies or any kind of meet-ups, really. The most recent picture I have isn't the best, but we were able to visit Lake Texoma State Parkthis last weekend and get out of the house. View attachment 147928
Welcome to OB Betsy! Nice looking rig! Go check out Rally Point and look for events in your area - a great way to integrate whether online or in person. OB is taking the current situation very seriously so you may have to wait a bit for local things to ramp back up. The boy and I broke quarantine on Saturday and found some water and gravel - made me want to get out there even worse.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
That’s awesome... I worked for Subaru and Rover for a while, why I know them. But now I work for Toyota, so seemed like a good way to go. Plus vs my Rover, this is way more reliable and cost effective. Lol.
A roof rack, tires, and a cabinet setup are first on my list.
I drove a WRX for a while and that is precisely why I got a lumbering Jeep Wrangler - needed to cool my jets. Hahahaha.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Hi there,
David and Karola

View attachment 147880
Hallo David und Karola.

Herzlich wilkommen hier. Hoffentlich ist alles bald wieder frei und konnen wir schon reisen gehen.

If you need any help, information, or just a guide to tag along, just write me a PM or an email. Robert@dragonriders-travel.nl
I am very happy if I can be of any help.

Regards,

Robert