Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey Yall,

My name is Dillon.
I'm from Eastern NC
I drive a 2015 Taco.
Very experienced camping, fairly experienced vehicle camping, novice off-roading.
Excited to joint the community and get out exploring.
Welcome To Overland Bound Dillon.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Reactions: Magic Mike

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I just wanted to take a moment to say hello.
Rig: 2019 4Runner TRD ORP
Experience: Lots of outdoor experience, but not with a vehicle.
Why Overlanding ? To get away. Simply love being outside , explore and take pictures. No better family time than time spent outside.View attachment 147256
Well well well....I live in Livermore as well, and I’ve been to Innsbruck...if that counts

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for March, April, and beyond! Our next meet up is Saturday April 11th, 1-3pm at the Gay Nineties Pizza Co in Pleasanton CA. Normally we meet the second Sunday, but it’s Easter :)

--UPDATE, we are looking into an online meet up to coordinate summer trips on April 11th—

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, new to the forum but not the life style. In 2018 I crossed Canada on my touring bicycle in 62 days, west to east. An experience I will never forget.

My name's Dan, really happy to join the family on OB. Been watching YT and various members YT channels almost obsessively since Covid began effecting our lively hood.

I picked up a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon last month and have started my build, mostly wish list items.

Looking forward to endless hours of reading and learning from you all. Hope to one day soon be able to travel south and do some Oregon and Californian expeditions.

Cheers,
Dan
Welcome to Overland Bound Dan.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Mike Ramirez for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Evan. I’m new here! I bought a 2015 Jeep Wrangler JKU in January and looking to use it for more than just driving to work. I’m from Southeast Louisiana in Houma, LA. I have been mud riding and riding through the mountains a bit, but that is about it for riding experience. Looking forward to getting to know more people and seeing what is out there!
Welcome To Overland Bound Evan.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @BlueLineOverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey ya’ll! Mine name is AJ and I’m from the Northern SD County area and can’t wait to explore all the stuff Overland Bound has to offer! I’ve grown up around Toyota & Jeep offroad/overlanding in the Anza-Borrego area, even had a 1st gen Tacoma 5spd on 33’s in high school. My rig now is a 2020 Subaru Crosstrek 6MT that I just picked up about 2 weeks ago.
Welcome to Overland Bound AJ.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy everyone, I'm David, currently located in Denver but prone to moving around for work (haven't lived in one place for more than a year in a few, the downside of contract work :/).

I've got a 2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 that I'm still breaking in, no pictures as of yet but I'll try to get some soon! So far I'm just having fun getting my basic car camping rig set up with a few extras for fun like skids and a CB. I've never done any trail driving, but I'm a hiker and a scrambler and I'm most excited about being able to access more remote spots to camp. I have some friends back home in the PNW that will hopefully drag me on some rougher stuff, but for now the plan is to explore some forest service roads and see what adventures I find.

I'm obviously a total novice to vehicle specific adventuring but not to the outdoors, so while I'm a little anxious about this new potential hobby I think that once I can get up the nerve to get out there I'll have a ball! Always happy to take tips and advice. :)
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Gentlemen, my name is Ivan and I am from DC.

Need you guidance here. Overlanding vs Off-roading.... It appears that these two terms a being unjustly thrown around interchangeably. My understanding is that Overlanding is traveling across the land in your truck/van/car with as many amenities as possible as self-sufficiently as possible. Comfortable bed, AC, cookware, and range are the focus. Excellent roads in US made most remote corners accessible in a Civic. Example: Bradford PA, best roads, more bears than squerrels.

Off-roading is going off the road. Long travel off suspension, protective plates , horsepower is what counts. A completely different thing! As you have probably noticed by now, I am an overlanding fan.Thank you and let me know your thoughts.
Welcome to Overland Bound Ivan.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello there! Gabriel here. I have been reading the forums and watching the OB videos for a while, but I just got my member number today. I also got my 4x4 vehicle about 10 days ago or so. I love speed and for >20 years I drove sports cars and even race cars on racetracks. I am now changing all that for the great outdoors, and dirt trails in the middle of nowhere. I promise I will drive slower now... Porsche, if you are reading this, don't worry, I still love you. :)

View attachment 147120

Rig: 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser Trail Teams edition. Stock. I'd like to build some sort of sleeping platform inside.
Overlanding Experience Background: None whatsoever! In fact, if we organize training sessions with the folks here I'd love to join.
Welcome to Overland Bound Gabriel.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. My name is Jamey and I am from Ann Arbor, Michigan. I drive a 2018 Wrangler JLU Sport. Haven't built it much yet, but added a Rubicon suspension along with a 1/2" spacer set and 285/75RR17 tires to the stock rims. I run a soft top, so no rooftop tent for me, but I am close to picking up an Aliner camper. I've got 2 kids (boy 15, and girl 13), a wonderful wife, and we just got our first dog, a black lab named Violet who is a career-changed leader dog. We're looking forward to getting out and about when this pandemic passes. Glad to be a new member (#3002), and ready to dig into all the forum and the organization have to offer.
Welcome to Overland Bound Jamey.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I’m Lou
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Port St. Lucie, FL
Been camping all my life. Now ready to overland!
Welcome To Overland Bound Lou.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @radwelder

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello David (@Wandere), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye our for a DFW meet up after we are allowed to venture out again.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

r2fasani

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Ripon, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Fasani
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZQ
Hello Robert here from Central California. Just joined Overland Bound last week and can't wait to absorb the knowledge from everyone on here. I've done some trail rides with friends but I am new to this Overland life. My plans were to start taking my kids out during spring break this year but then the Rona hit. This led me to spending my time watching Youtube videos while i work from home which is how i came across Overland Bound. So until this passes we'll be spending our time inside planning our first family adventure.

My current rig is 2015 Subaru Crosstrek 5spd MT
Mod List:
2 inch front 2.25 in rear Anderson Design Fab spacer lift
1.5 in Eibach lift springs
Black Rhino Rumble wheels 15x7
BFG KO2s 235/75
Lights on Lights as u can see...Lol
Welcome from Ripon! I look forward to meeting you in person at the next meetup - whenever that is. Stay safe and healthy!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello, new to the forum but not the life style. In 2018 I crossed Canada on my touring bicycle in 62 days, west to east. An experience I will never forget.

My name's Dan, really happy to join the family on OB. Been watching YT and various members YT channels almost obsessively since Covid began effecting our lively hood.

I picked up a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon last month and have started my build, mostly wish list items.

Looking forward to endless hours of reading and learning from you all. Hope to one day soon be able to travel south and do some Oregon and Californian expeditions.

Cheers,
Dan
Welcome! I'm your closest Member Rep in NW Washington.

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups. (No in person meetups during COVID)
-Check out the Rally Point and Member Map to find events and members near you.
-Our region also has an FB page (Overland Bound NorthWest).

I've set up a Zoom meeting onplace of monthly meetups during COVID. It is tonight at 6:30. Here is the link:
Meeting ID: 110 865 279
Password: OB-NW-WA

In place of in person meeting, the NW region staff have set up weekly conference calls (each Sunday at 7:30pm) hosted by the various Member Reps and the Director.
Here is a link to this Sundays: Sunday Night Northwest Conference Call. For the ease of usage by members, all of the conference calls have the same link, number, and other info.

Hope to meet you in person once this COVID stuff leaves us.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

ww4rnr

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lewisville, TX, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Abbott
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WW4RNR
Hello Jacob (@ww4rnr ), welcome from Oklahoma. Congrats on the newly acquired ham license. We have a weekly Friday Echolink net at 7:30 central time.
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/AllStar enabled repeater, don't worry... many of us use the Echolink app.
We have a great communication section so feel free to jump in or ask any questions you may have.
Also the Ozark and Ouachita National Forests in Oklahoma and Arkansas are popular places for overlanders in this area to go.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Thank you for the info! I just recently got the Echolink app on my phone and set up with an account. I am also trying to learn APRS and have a cable on the way to connect one of my handhelds to my phone.

I'm hoping to go visit the Arkansas area once all of this quarantine stuff is over with. I am booked for the Express Rally - Adventure Series up there in June this year and I am super excited and hoping it doesn't get cancelled.

ww4rnr

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lewisville, TX, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Abbott
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WW4RNR
Welcome to Overland Bound Jake.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982, he can set you up with information about the DFW meet-up if your interested.

About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®
Thank you, Kent! Looking forward to being a member and learning more!

ww4rnr

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Lewisville, TX, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Abbott
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WW4RNR
I'm David and am a beginning overlander living in Arlington, Tx.

Rig: 2020 Toyota 4 Runner Offroad

I look forward to learning from this group and sharing my experience.
Hi David! I am a new member as well and am not too far away from you in Lewisville. I have a 2018 4Runner and am pretty new to overlanding as well. Feel free to reach out if you need anything!

AndrewsBigAdventure

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Renton, WA, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Hey everyone! Names Andrew and I'm from the Seattle area. Just got a 2020 Tacoma and I'm building it out for some fun adventures. Always been a car camper but I'm looking at getting a rtt soon and going that direction with my adventures. Always looking for good camping spots and trails to explore so hit me up with any suggestions or advice!

Mud Wasp

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast II

Waddell, AZ, USA
First Name
STEVEN
Last Name
BOLES
Member #

Service Branch
USCG
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

There is a monthly meet-up in the Phoenix area and @brien get you the contact information if your interested.
Thanks for the info on contacts and the meet ups.