Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Jaime
Last Name
Spedden
Member #

Hi everyone. Signed up a while ago, but never posted. Probably because I'm always nervous about if I'm actually going to belong in a group because I have something definitely different than the vast majority of yall.
This is a 2014 Scion xB. If anyone is from Australia, you may recognize this as the Toyota Rukus. Fairly small and only 2WD. This pic is before I lifted it.
I'm in Nebraska, so have to travel a lot for most of my adventures. It's typically just around the middle states so far.
If you go by the definition in the first post of this thread as overlanding being "vehicle dependent travel", I've been doing it off an on with mostly small 2WDs. Usually build out the hatch area to camp in.
20190822_125407.jpg

DanG_BC

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Vancouver, BC, Canada
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Gheorgheos
Member #

Hello Dan, welcome to the OB community. I hope you are able to "soon" do some expeditions down here in Oregon, and, California. I live in Southern Oregon and just love all the beautiful places to explore in.
Thanks Big G!
Welcome! I'm your closest Member Rep in NW Washington.

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups. (No in person meetups during COVID)
-Check out the Rally Point and Member Map to find events and members near you.
-Our region also has an FB page (Overland Bound NorthWest).

I've set up a Zoom meeting onplace of monthly meetups during COVID. It is tonight at 6:30. Here is the link:
Meeting ID: 110 865 279
Password: OB-NW-WA

In place of in person meeting, the NW region staff have set up weekly conference calls (each Sunday at 7:30pm) hosted by the various Member Reps and the Director.
Here is a link to this Sundays: Sunday Night Northwest Conference Call. For the ease of usage by members, all of the conference calls have the same link, number, and other info.

Hope to meet you in person once this COVID stuff leaves us.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Hi Gabe,

Pleasure to meet you and thank you for the information.

Unfortunately I am currently working overseas and cannot commit to meeting via Zoom. Time zone differences.

I sent a request to follow on Facebook and when I get back home I expect to be more actively engaged.

Cheers
Stay healthy and safe.

Dan

youreupsidedown

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Oceanside, CA, USA
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Compton
Member #

Hi there!
Blake from Shawnee OK, active duty nurse currently stationed in Oceanside CA, so we are loving all the adventure opportunities out here (prior to COVID-19, that is). Primary rig is a 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 with a rooftop tent on the way, but we'll take the kids out in our 2013 Subaru Outback sometimes if it's an easy excursion. Offroading, camping, and hiking are our favorite activities, and we've been getting into kayaking recently. Overlanding experience is moderate, but no long/extended trips under my belt yet. Excited to be part of the community!
IMG_20200202_160707.jpg

Spadi_5

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Holland
Member #

Hello. I’m Sean member # 20710, I joined back in October 2019 at Overland Expo East and finally have some time to introduce myself. I have a 2019 Toyota Tacoma Off Road. Nothing special about it yet but hopefully soon I can do some things to it. I’m from a small town in Wisconsin and really enjoy the Overlanding community especially Overland Expo. Hope I’m posting this in the right place lol. 221FC5C6-6873-4863-9BDC-EE06317D83E3.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. I’m Sean member # 20710, I joined back in October 2019 at Overland Expo East and finally have some time to introduce myself. I have a 2019 Toyota Tacoma Off Road. Nothing special about it yet but hopefully soon I can do some things to it. I’m from a small town in Wisconsin and really enjoy the Overlanding community especially Overland Expo. Hope I’m posting this in the right place lol. View attachment 147429
Welcome to Overland Bound Sean.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @MTB-WI

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there!
Blake from Shawnee OK, active duty nurse currently stationed in Oceanside CA, so we are loving all the adventure opportunities out here (prior to COVID-19, that is). Primary rig is a 2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4 with a rooftop tent on the way, but we'll take the kids out in our 2013 Subaru Outback sometimes if it's an easy excursion. Offroading, camping, and hiking are our favorite activities, and we've been getting into kayaking recently. Overlanding experience is moderate, but no long/extended trips under my belt yet. Excited to be part of the community!
View attachment 147424
Welcome to Overland Bound Blake.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Barclay (LA) @FrankRoams (OC) @DominicOB0158 (Inland Empire)

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. Signed up a while ago, but never posted. Probably because I'm always nervous about if I'm actually going to belong in a group because I have something definitely different than the vast majority of yall.
This is a 2014 Scion xB. If anyone is from Australia, you may recognize this as the Toyota Rukus. Fairly small and only 2WD. This pic is before I lifted it.
I'm in Nebraska, so have to travel a lot for most of my adventures. It's typically just around the middle states so far.
If you go by the definition in the first post of this thread as overlanding being "vehicle dependent travel", I've been doing it off an on with mostly small 2WDs. Usually build out the hatch area to camp in.
View attachment 147398
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Joe Hunt

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone I'm Mustafa

Name : Mustafa / مصطفى
Current Vehicle : Ford F-150 XLT 2018 Sport

View attachment 147391

Overland Experience: No Experience at all
But i love Overlanding and always want to drive my vehicle Through Europe , so I would be glad to have experience from all members here
Cheers...
Welcome to Overland Bound Mustafa.
Before you make your trip through Europe check out the regional pages for the regions you will be traveling through. Great place to get regional information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone
we’re new members, we have a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon named Bullet
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone! Names Andrew and I'm from the Seattle area. Just got a 2020 Tacoma and I'm building it out for some fun adventures. Always been a car camper but I'm looking at getting a rtt soon and going that direction with my adventures. Always looking for good camping spots and trails to explore so hit me up with any suggestions or advice!
Welcome to Overland Bound Andrew.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @M Rose for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I'm David and am a beginning overlander living in Arlington, Tx.

Rig: 2020 Toyota 4 Runner Offroad

I look forward to learning from this group and sharing my experience.
Welcome to Overland Bound David.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi there!
View attachment 147424
Welcome from Tulsa Blake

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey everyone! Names Andrew and I'm from the Seattle area. Just got a 2020 Tacoma and I'm building it out for some fun adventures. Always been a car camper but I'm looking at getting a rtt soon and going that direction with my adventures. Always looking for good camping spots and trails to explore so hit me up with any suggestions or advice!
Welcome Andrew ,
I am the Northwest Regional Director for Overland Bound. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Due to “Social Distancing” and “Shelter In Place” practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have temporarily postponed group meetups, trail rides, and Campouts. Instead the Northwest Member Rep Team has incorporated weekly conference calls each Sunday at 7:30 PM PST (8:30) Mountain Time). A full list with scheduling can be found at Sunday Night Regional Conference Call

Welcome once again .
Stay well, stay safe

Mike Rose
NW Director
Overland Bound

BolingTrooper11

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Boling
Ham/GMRS Callsign
White Buffalo
Hi Everybody!

Rig: 1990 Isuzu Trooper
Experience: I’m definitely a beginner, however, most definitely a wandering traveler. I work for the Forest Service during the summer months and travel to new unexplored (for my part that is) places, people and things. My end state is to eventually do the Pan American Highway, but know I have a lot to learn about my vehicle and overlanding before I embark on that journey. Here to learn, but more importantly to adventure with my rig and people who share that same zest for life.

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi All, my names Gavin. I’m from England in the UK. Have been into expedition trips for years. Following the overland scene for some time. I am now in the process of buying my first Landrover Defender/overland project. Looking forward to seeing what you guys are up to and being further inspired by your projects and ideas!
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey everyone,

1. Steven
2.Jeep Gladiator
3. Colorado Springs, CO
4. Overland experience: Novice

New to overlanding, excited to be member of this community.

Reactions: Kent R and smad0509

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
I'm David and am a beginning overlander living in Arlington, Tx.

Rig: 2020 Toyota 4 Runner Offroad

I look forward to learning from this group and sharing my experience.

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi David! I am a new member as well and am not too far away from you in Lewisville. I have a 2018 4Runner and am pretty new to overlanding as well. Feel free to reach out if you need anything!
Welcome to Overland Bound, the both of you