Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!
Im from Santa Fe, NM. My rig is a Fiat500 lol, but I tow a ligthweigh Earth Traveler T300 with a ATV inside in case I want tow the trailer or go overland. Not an expert in the overland and I will love to learn new ideas that I can use. Thanks :)

View attachment 146204
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

I'm Tim

Vehicle: 2017 Jeep JKU
Member# 8881

We (my wife and I) are very new to the 4x4 and overland stuff. As of now we are gathering equipment to embark on our first adventure once winter and COVID-19 are over. We are super exited to get out on some trails and get back to nature.

Currently our Jeep is unmodified, but slowly we will develop it into a more worthy off-roader.

Happy to be here!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. I'm Steven from Indiana. Been offroading for 15+ years just starting to get in to overlanding with the family.
Rig: 2018 jeep AEV Brute double cab
Have yet to receive my member #
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from Accra, Ghana, I wonder If I am the 1st Overland Member here in Ghana?
Rig: 1992 Toyota Landcruiser FJ80
Experience.....Well if you have ever driven in the bush in any African country you will understand.
Don't hesitate to contact your Member Representative @Get Out GO for help or information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m a big fan of Overland Bound! I’ve attained two of the East Bay meet-ups in Pleasanton before joining And plan on attending more. I’ve been Overlanding since the late 1970’s... We called it car camping back then... I’m the manager of TAP Plastics in San Leandron and I’ve been with them for 40 years.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your You already know your local Member Rep @PapaDave.
Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
hello,

I’m located in Fort Worth, TX. For the global folks no, I don’t ride a horse. I do drive a 2015 Subaru Outback, 2.5i with a CVT transmission. I’ve owned it just over a year. Overland experience is definitely beginner, but I have mediocre off road experience. I can generally pick a good line and know my limits.

View attachment 146241
Hello Marshall, welcome to the OB community.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey all,

Been a member here for a month or so, I am just now getting around to really explore the forums. Anyway name here is Travis and I hail in Oregon for now. Moving back to Wyoming sometime this summer... I think. I drive a 2012 Jeep JKU with a 3" lift with 35's and ride a 2015 BMW G650GS dualsport motorcycle. I enjoy car/motorcycle camping and exploring quite a bit. When I turned 16 (1993) I passed my license test shortly after. First thing I did was throw all my camping gear in the truck and took off in the Mt Hood National Forest for a few days. Been an addict ever since. Due to my career choice I haven't been able to do this for the past 15 years or so. Now that I work less and have more time I am getting back into overlanding. Mind you, it was never called overlanding back then... we just called it camping and exploring. I am a pretty big ham radio enthusiast so I usually take all my portable radio gear and nerd out after the camp is all set up. I've been on a few trips this year already and I am planing to get out there more. I am having fun re-hashing the past and re-discovering all the places that I used to explore back in the 90's. Hope to see you all out there on the trail and I am looking forward to posting and reading more on the forums.
Hello Travis, welcome to the OB community.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey all,

Been a member here for a month or so, I am just now getting around to really explore the forums. Anyway name here is Travis and I hail in Oregon for now. Moving back to Wyoming sometime this summer... I think. I drive a 2012 Jeep JKU with a 3" lift with 35's and ride a 2015 BMW G650GS dualsport motorcycle. I enjoy car/motorcycle camping and exploring quite a bit. When I turned 16 (1993) I passed my license test shortly after. First thing I did was throw all my camping gear in the truck and took off in the Mt Hood National Forest for a few days. Been an addict ever since. Due to my career choice I haven't been able to do this for the past 15 years or so. Now that I work less and have more time I am getting back into overlanding. Mind you, it was never called overlanding back then... we just called it camping and exploring. I am a pretty big ham radio enthusiast so I usually take all my portable radio gear and nerd out after the camp is all set up. I've been on a few trips this year already and I am planing to get out there more. I am having fun re-hashing the past and re-discovering all the places that I used to explore back in the 90's. Hope to see you all out there on the trail and I am looking forward to posting and reading more on the forums.
Welcome Travis,
As @Kent R said, I’m the Northwest Director for Overland Bound. I had never heard of Birkenfeld before so had to look it up. Wow what a neat little town you live in. @Munga Brown is your closest Member Representative located in Yachts, Oregon. @Big G (Southern Oregon), @Gabriel Bozeman (Western Washington) , @Sandpoint Steve (Inland Northwest) , @David H (Southern Idaho) are also member reps for the region.

right now all physical meetups are postponed or cancelled. We the member Rep team are actively working on setting up virtual meetups throughout the Northwest.

@Kent linked a video in his welcome post, I highly encourage you to watch the video and keep your eyes open on the Northwest Meetups for members in need of help.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound
KJ7MFV

AirbossWiley

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger III

Holly, MI, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Wiley
Member #

Hello Everyone! I'm Shawn From Lower Michigan (Between Flint & Detroit). Always Been Into Off-roading, Mainly Mud Bogging. Used To Have A K5 On 54's And Now Have A Lawnmower On 44's. Getting Into The Overland Life With My 2012 Silverado And Newly Acquired 89 Suburban. Looking Forward To Hitting The Trails And Doing Some New Adventures! Looking Forward To Receiving My Member Number! Goal For 2020 Is Hit All Upper Peninsula LighthousesLighthouse.jpgSilverado.jpg

Last edited:

TacomaKayaker

Rank 0

Contributor I

Wall Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Romano
Hello everyone Kevin here from Wall Township, NJ. This is my 3rd Toyota and I have finally decided I am keeping this one and going to start rigging it for overland and camping to help while I'm fishing. I had a Jeep Wrangler back in the day and was always in the woods wheeling but now its to hard near my location. I'm also going to be starting a overland trailer build very soon. IMG_1171.JPG

marshallhaney

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Watauga, TX 76148, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Haney
Member #

Hello Marhsall (@marshallhaney ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for a DFW meet up once the current situation blows over.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.
Hey! Thanks very much, very welcoming group and I’m really excited to start digging in.

yfz450chuck

Rank 0

Contributor I

Woodland, WA, USA
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Holt
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7JGC
Hey Guys, I just found the group today doing some research, seems interesting and helpful. I drive a 97 jeep wrangler long armed, lifted and locked on 35s and beadlocks. ive been offroading for around 20 years, doing overlanding trips for the past 3-4. i live in Woodland,WA do most of my exploring around Mt St Helens, but occasionally get out to other areas, I went to Moab last year, and am going again in October. I do a lot of offroad recovery, mostly in the snow. I also run the Gambler 500 every year with a heavily modded crown vic on 32" tires.jeep.jpgvicky.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey Guys, I just found the group today doing some research, seems interesting and helpful. I drive a 97 jeep wrangler long armed, lifted and locked on 35s and beadlocks. ive been offroading for around 20 years, doing overlanding trips for the past 3-4. i live in Woodland,WA do most of my exploring around Mt St Helens, but occasionally get out to other areas, I went to Moab last year, and am going again in October. I do a lot of offroad recovery, mostly in the snow. I also run the Gambler 500 every year with a heavily modded crown vic on 32" tires.
Welcome Chuck nice rigs,

I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest member representative. We are here to help you connect with others as well as keep you informed of what is going on through the region and globally related to Overlanding.

Do to the COVID-19 all meetups and public gatherings are postponed until further notice. But keep an eye on the Member Meetups directory for Support Alerts in the Northwest. We will also be posting virtual meetups as well to help fight the isolation boredom and to help raise awareness for ways we can help local communities.

Adventure Can Wait

Again Welcome Chuck and hope to see you active on the forums as well as meet you on the trails in the future.

Mike Rose
Northwest Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Aloha! Just joined. Hoping to get started an overland build on my new to me '05 Lexus GX 470, learn from this group as I am a total noob and meet up with other overlanders. From East Bay, CA.
Hey Jay!

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for March, April, and beyond! Our next meet up is Saturday April 11th, 1-3pm at the Gay Nineties Pizza Co in Pleasanton CA. Normally we meet the second Sunday, but it’s Easter :)

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey Guys, I just found the group today doing some research, seems interesting and helpful. I drive a 97 jeep wrangler long armed, lifted and locked on 35s and beadlocks. ive been offroading for around 20 years, doing overlanding trips for the past 3-4. i live in Woodland,WA do most of my exploring around Mt St Helens, but occasionally get out to other areas, I went to Moab last year, and am going again in October. I do a lot of offroad recovery, mostly in the snow. I also run the Gambler 500 every year with a heavily modded crown vic on 32" tires.View attachment 146303View attachment 146304
Hi Chuck, welcome to the OB community.

frank369

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Salazar
Member #

Heya all! Frank here in the Las Vegas, Nevada Valley. I would say I'm still a beginner and just starting to be part of something I see as great! I look forward to expanding my horizons in meeting new people, trails, skills and experiences. My helpful machine is a 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road and I've been solo adventuring the Southwest since the purchase in mid 2018. Looking forward to learning, chatting and meeting y'all.

Here is from an overnight trip in Mormon Well Road, Nevada from this morning.
0326201308_HDR.jpg0326201125a_HDR2.jpg0326200835_HDR.jpg

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey all,

Welcome to Overland Bound

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Heya all! Frank here in the Las Vegas, Nevada Valley. I would say I'm still a beginner and just starting to be part of something I see as great! I look forward to expanding my horizons in meeting new people, trails, skills and experiences. My helpful machine is a 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road and I've been solo adventuring the Southwest since the purchase in mid 2018. Looking forward to learning, chatting and meeting y'all.

Here is from an overnight trip in Mormon Well Road, Nevada from this morning.
View attachment 146328View attachment 146331View attachment 146332
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R and frank369

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
hello,

I’m located in Fort Worth, TX. For the global folks no, I don’t ride a horse. I do drive a 2015 Subaru Outback, 2.5i with a CVT transmission. I’ve owned it just over a year. Overland experience is definitely beginner, but I have mediocre off road experience. I can generally pick a good line and know my limits.

View attachment 146241
Welcome to Overland Bound, nice Subi

Magic Mike

Launch Member

Expedition Master I

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Thank you. Do you know who my local leader is? Looking for some summer rallies.
Welcome to Overland Bound, I am one of your U.S. West member representatives. if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, or you can contact our Regional Director @Narbob if the need arises.

Make sure to browse the New member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the Overland Bound website. Also make sure to keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar for upcoming trail runs. local meetups and trainings.

I look forward to meeting out on the trail...

Mike