Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

hello, I've been watching overland topic videos for a couple years. My wife and I love being outdoors, especially off season and away from the crowds. So, new to overlanding and a big fan of Overland Bound! Oh, we have a 2500 Ram and a small 5th wheel
Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. There are several meetups around the area, but most have been canceled due to COVID-19.

Cheers!
Gabriel Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: twocoals and Kent R

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
hello, I've been watching overland topic videos for a couple years. My wife and I love being outdoors, especially off season and away from the crowds. So, new to overlanding and a big fan of Overland Bound! Oh, we have a 2500 Ram and a small 5th wheel
Welcome to the group Richard, just across the pond from you guys, you have some great places to explore on the peninsula, We love to explore over there. Hope to meet you out on the trails or at an event once we are allowed to go out and play again.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All,
I'm new to the forum and overlanding in general. I'm not new to 4x4 and off-road, but am looking for more family friendly outlets for recreation, hence the beginning of this build. I now have a 1 year old daughter and a one year old to me (2003) LX470. My main motivation for joining was the interactive map, which I have a couple questions about. I'll look for the appropriate place to post that. Thanks for the welcome and I hope to meet some great folks out on the trail.

View attachment 145880
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl

You can message @Jim SoG regarding map information.

Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 145875
Hey there, my name is Tim. I live in Calhoun, GA. I just picked up this 2014 JKU Rubicon and am new to overlanding. Looking forward to getting out there and exploring.
Welcome To Overland Bound
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @rrjones2u

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings. I'm Dave.
Location... Winnipeg, Manitoba
Experience at this sort of thing.... next to zero. Always had an interest in this kind of activity. Spent a lot of time in remote areas in my career.
Vehicle.... 2019 honda passport
retired pilot fixed and rotary wing.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl

Reactions: dbw

RAMf1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Castro Valley, Alameda County, California, United States
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Miller
Member #

I’m a big fan of Overland Bound! I’ve attained two of the East Bay meet-ups in Pleasanton before joining And plan on attending more. I’ve been Overlanding since the late 1970’s... We called it car camping back then... I’m the manager of TAP Plastics in San Leandron and I’ve been with them for 40 years.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
I’m a big fan of Overland Bound! I’ve attained two of the East Bay meet-ups in Pleasanton before joining And plan on attending more. I’ve been Overlanding since the late 1970’s... We called it car camping back then... I’m the manager of TAP Plastics in San Leandron and I’ve been with them for 40 years.
Hello Russell, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

UncleBuck

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Kent, Portage County, Ohio, United States
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Sahr
Member #

Hi all,

I'm Tim

Vehicle: 2017 Jeep JKU
Member# 8881

We (my wife and I) are very new to the 4x4 and overland stuff. As of now we are gathering equipment to embark on our first adventure once winter and COVID-19 are over. We are super exited to get out on some trails and get back to nature.

Currently our Jeep is unmodified, but slowly we will develop it into a more worthy off-roader.

Happy to be here!

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hi all,

I'm Tim

Member# 8881

We (my wife and I) are very new to the 4x4 and overland stuff. As of now we are gathering equipment to embark on our first adventure once winter and COVID-19 are over. We are super exited to get out on some trails and get back to nature.

Currently our Jeep is unmodified, but slowly we will develop it into a more worthy off-roader.

Happy to be here!
Hello and welcome to the group, you will be surprised how capable a stock Jeep (of any flavor) can be. We have had a completely stock Jeep Commander over many trails in the Moab area and Alpine loop area of Colorado. We currently have one stock Jeep and one modified, they both see a lot of off road use. Making improvements and adding accessories is (almost) always a good thing, but don't worry about having to keep up with the Jones's, Just get out and enjoy the wonderful roads less traveled around you and all the great folks you will meet. Enjoy your travels

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all,

I'm Tim

Member# 8881

Happy to be here!
Hello Tim, Welcome to the OB community.

T300

Rank 0

Contributor I

Santa Fe, NM
First Name
Angel
Last Name
Irlanda
Hi everyone!
Im from Santa Fe, NM. My rig is a Fiat500 lol, but I tow a ligthweigh Earth Traveler T300 with a ATV inside in case I want tow the trailer or go overland. Not an expert in the overland and I will love to learn new ideas that I can use. Thanks :)

IMG_2038.jpeg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Angel (@T300 ), welcome from Oklahoma. I would like to see more of this trailer, inside and out!

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

kirkcl

Rank 0

Contributor I

Kansas City, MO, USA
First Name
colby
Last Name
kirk
Hi all,

I'm Colby from Kansas City, MO. Currently own a '91 FJ80 and a 85 4runner. Previous experience-Drove a 03' Tundra with a campershell down through Mexico/Central America ending at the Costa Rica border with Panama. Didn't know there was such an extensive online community for this kind of thing until recently, so very grateful for this forum! Looking to get my FJ in shape for another drive down to Costa Rica this coming November 2020, spending a few weeks in the Yucatan. Happy to join up with anyone who wants to caravan part or all of the way.

Considering cutting the top off and attaching a Alucab Exp 3 or similar. Anyone had a good/bad experience doing this?

Last edited:

T300

Rank 0

Contributor I

Santa Fe, NM
First Name
Angel
Last Name
Irlanda
Hello Angel (@T300 ), welcome from Oklahoma. I would like to see more of this trailer, inside and out!

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
Hi Prerunner1982,
the website is earthtravelerteardroptrailers.com Im the designer and manufacturer. A lot of people asked me about an off-road version and that's why I'm here. Thanks for the links