First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi everyone!
Im from Santa Fe, NM. My rig is a Fiat500 lol, but I tow a ligthweigh Earth Traveler T300 with a ATV inside in case I want tow the trailer or go overland. Not an expert in the overland and I will love to learn new ideas that I can use. Thanks :)

View attachment 146204
Welcome to the OB community Angel.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi all,

I'm Colby from Kansas City, MO. Currently own a '91 FJ80 and a 85 4runner. Previous experience-Drove a 03' Tundra with a campershell down through Mexico/Central America ending at the Costa Rica border with Panama. Didn't know there was such an extensive online community for this kind of thing until recently, so very grateful for this forum! Looking to get my FJ in shape for another drive down to Costa Rica this coming November 2020, spending a few weeks in the Yucatan. Happy to join up with anyone who wants to caravan part or all of the way.

Considering cutting the top off and attaching a Alucab Exp 3 or similar. Anyone had a good/bad experience doing this?
Hello Colby, welcome to the OB community.

marshallhaney

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Watauga, TX 76148, USA
First Name
Marshall
Last Name
Haney
Member #

hello,

I’m located in Fort Worth, TX. For the global folks no, I don’t ride a horse. I do drive a 2015 Subaru Outback, 2.5i with a CVT transmission. I’ve owned it just over a year. Overland experience is definitely beginner, but I have mediocre off road experience. I can generally pick a good line and know my limits.

B2A31E1B-696F-4C55-B893-65C101551FE8.jpeg

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
hello,

I’m located in Fort Worth, TX. For the global folks no, I don’t ride a horse. I do drive a 2015 Subaru Outback, 2.5i with a CVT transmission. I’ve owned it just over a year. Overland experience is definitely beginner, but I have mediocre off road experience. I can generally pick a good line and know my limits.

View attachment 146241
Marshall, Welcome to to the group from up in Washington State

Trad77

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lander, WY, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Hoard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0MUD
Hey all,

Been a member here for a month or so, I am just now getting around to really explore the forums. Anyway name here is Travis and I hail in Oregon for now. Moving back to Wyoming sometime this summer... I think. I drive a 2012 Jeep JKU with a 3" lift with 35's and ride a 2015 BMW G650GS dualsport motorcycle. I enjoy car/motorcycle camping and exploring quite a bit. When I turned 16 (1993) I passed my license test shortly after. First thing I did was throw all my camping gear in the truck and took off in the Mt Hood National Forest for a few days. Been an addict ever since. Due to my career choice I haven't been able to do this for the past 15 years or so. Now that I work less and have more time I am getting back into overlanding. Mind you, it was never called overlanding back then... we just called it camping and exploring. I am a pretty big ham radio enthusiast so I usually take all my portable radio gear and nerd out after the camp is all set up. I've been on a few trips this year already and I am planing to get out there more. I am having fun re-hashing the past and re-discovering all the places that I used to explore back in the 90's. Hope to see you all out there on the trail and I am looking forward to posting and reading more on the forums.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi all,

I'm Colby from Kansas City, MO. Currently own a '91 FJ80 and a 85 4runner. Previous experience-Drove a 03' Tundra with a campershell down through Mexico/Central America ending at the Costa Rica border with Panama. Didn't know there was such an extensive online community for this kind of thing until recently, so very grateful for this forum! Looking to get my FJ in shape for another drive down to Costa Rica this coming November 2020, spending a few weeks in the Yucatan. Happy to join up with anyone who wants to caravan part or all of the way.

Considering cutting the top off and attaching a Alucab Exp 3 or similar. Anyone had a good/bad experience doing this?
Welcome from NE Oklahoma

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

hello,

View attachment 146241
Welcome from Tulsa, OK

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Marhsall (@marshallhaney ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for a DFW meet up once the current situation blows over.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

Been a member here for a month or so, I am just now getting around to really explore the forums. Anyway name here is Travis and I hail in Oregon for now. Moving back to Wyoming sometime this summer... I think. I drive a 2012 Jeep JKU with a 3" lift with 35's and ride a 2015 BMW G650GS dualsport motorcycle. I enjoy car/motorcycle camping and exploring quite a bit. When I turned 16 (1993) I passed my license test shortly after. First thing I did was throw all my camping gear in the truck and took off in the Mt Hood National Forest for a few days. Been an addict ever since. Due to my career choice I haven't been able to do this for the past 15 years or so. Now that I work less and have more time I am getting back into overlanding. Mind you, it was never called overlanding back then... we just called it camping and exploring. I am a pretty big ham radio enthusiast so I usually take all my portable radio gear and nerd out after the camp is all set up. I've been on a few trips this year already and I am planing to get out there more. I am having fun re-hashing the past and re-discovering all the places that I used to explore back in the 90's. Hope to see you all out there on the trail and I am looking forward to posting and reading more on the forums.
Welcome to Overland Bound Travis.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @M Rose for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman

Overland Expo West is this July About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello,

View attachment 146241
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982 he can get you information regarding the DFW meet-up

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just signed up. Looking to turn my 2007 Sequoia 4x4 into an overlanding rig and start meeting up with other overlanders.
Live in Thousand Oaks Ca
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Aloha! Just joined. Hoping to get started an overland build on my new to me '05 Lexus GX 470, learn from this group as I am a total noob and meet up with other overlanders. From East Bay, CA.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all,

Welcome to Overland Bound Colby.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @BlueLineOverland @Paris0514 @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone!
Im from Santa Fe, NM. My rig is a Fiat500 lol, but I tow a ligthweigh Earth Traveler T300 with a ATV inside in case I want tow the trailer or go overland. Not an expert in the overland and I will love to learn new ideas that I can use. Thanks :)

View attachment 146204
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982