Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
View attachment 145603

View attachment 145604

Here are two pictures from our first trip into Ocala National Forest.

Rig: 2020 Toyota Tacoma TRD Offroad
Overlanding Experience Background: Beginner. My fiance & I are experienced backpackers and we were bit by the overlanding bug a few years back after watching a couple of videos on Youtube. We used our 2WD Tundra as much as we felt comfortable over the last two years (mostly tame forest roads) and felt it was time to upgrade and downsize into a more capable rig. We purchased our Tacoma last month and took her out to ONF yesterday for a little social distancing.

I'm looking forward to becoming more active in the community!
Welcome to Overland Bound

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello Folks! New here and looking to get back into it after many many years. I live in Maryland, looking forward to the meetups and learning alot from this community.

Reactions: Kent R and jayfoo

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey beautiful people,
Here it goes.
Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location Fullerton OC, California area
3) Rig 1994 Toyota LC
4) Overlanding Experience Background pure Novice
5) profession cook for life
My motto
I am "zoo"

I eat like a 12 year old and drink like a pirate...
I cook, I eat, I drink, I travel, I rave, I repeat...
My life is a beautiful mess......

Love to learn

Reactions: Kent R

Texas Thunder

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Howdy! New guy from Central Texas. Started primitive camping many, many years ago with the family and we've slowly progressed to the point of now owning an absurd bumper pull RV. It's fun and has it's place, but I'd really like to get back to primitive camping. Right now I'm looking at starting with a RTT to mount on top of my truck (Dodge 2500), but ultimately would like to build an off-road trailer. This system will also play well into my annual trips out west to hunt elk, antelope, mule deer, etc.

Anyways, glad to be here. Looking forward to learning.

Randy

ATune2

Rank I

Contributor III

Fort Worth, TX, USA
First Name
Aidan
Last Name
Tune
Hey y'all! Little late to this forum as I've been on here for about 3 months, but it's better late than never! I am 17 years old and live in the DFW area in the great state of Texas. I drive a 4x4 2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 and I am fairly new to the overlanding game; however, I've been camping, fishing, and doing things in the outdoors for as long as I can remember. I am currently planning some trips for my friends to take this summer and slowly but surely building out my rig. I look forward to getting to know the overlanding scene and learning about how to maximize my outdoor experience.

wonoje

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Redlands, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Member #

Hello all. Glad to finally officially join this community. I'm from Southern California. So what better time than a lockdown than to explore online? I have a wife and a 3 year old. We started camping last year as a family. We were using a 2017 Outback 3.6R which served us well. We have subsequently switched to a 2017 GX 460 and plan on using this as our adventure vehicle. Loved the Outback but we wanted the larger engine.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey y'all! Little late to this forum as I've been on here for about 3 months, but it's better late than never! I am 17 years old and live in the DFW area in the great state of Texas. I drive a 4x4 2016 Toyota Tacoma SR5 and I am fairly new to the overlanding game; however, I've been camping, fishing, and doing things in the outdoors for as long as I can remember. I am currently planning some trips for my friends to take this summer and slowly but surely building out my rig. I look forward to getting to know the overlanding scene and learning about how to maximize my outdoor experience.
Welcome to the OB community Aidan.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello all. Glad to finally officially join this community. I'm from Southern California. So what better time than a lockdown than to explore online? I have a wife and a 3 year old. We started camping last year as a family. We were using a 2017 Outback 3.6R which served us well. We have subsequently switched to a 2017 GX 460 and plan on using this as our adventure vehicle. Loved the Outback but we wanted the larger engine.
Hello Jeffrey, welcome to the OB community.

twocoals

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Olympic Penninsula, WA, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Plunkett
Member #

hello, I've been watching overland topic videos for a couple years. My wife and I love being outdoors, especially off season and away from the crowds. So, new to overlanding and a big fan of Overland Bound! Oh, we have a 2500 Ram and a small 5th wheel

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Aidan (@ATune2), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is an occasional meet up in the DFW area to keep an eye out for in the near future.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. New to the forum. New to Overlanding. The family and I have been jeeping for a while, but we just bought a trailer to start doing some longer overlanding trips. Below is our vehicle and our new Intech Pursue
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @MTB-WI

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
hello, I've been watching overland topic videos for a couple years. My wife and I love being outdoors, especially off season and away from the crowds. So, new to overlanding and a big fan of Overland Bound! Oh, we have a 2500 Ram and a small 5th wheel
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @M Rose for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158
Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982 he can get you the most current information regarding the DFW monthly meet-up.

Enthusiast III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Max
Last Name
Astor
Ham/GMRS Callsign
N4TRD
Service Branch
U.S. Army
Hello Everyone, I bought a 2018 Tacoma TRD Off-Road over this past Christmas season and started getting into Overlanding, although it is more like Weekendlanding.

My wife and I are not really campers or out-doorsy. Our idea of roughing it was always Holiday Inn. We did have one trip late fall, just one night camping and running the a rented Tacoma on a light trail. We actually had a blast. So, little by little, getting all the camping gear.

I guess I have been stalking the forums for a couple months and did not realize I had not dropped in to introduce myself. Now that we are all spending quality time at home, here I am. We live by Lake Norman, north of Charlotte.

IMG_1785(1).JPG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad to have found this forum. Just getting started. Many years of canoe tripping experience. Much to learn from all of you regarding overland travel
Welcome to Overland Bound.
If you can narrow down your location in Canada I can advise you of the closest resources to get you started.