Merced, CA, USA
First Name
Rene
Last Name
Rubalcava
My name is Rene

1. Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 RST 2019
2. Central Valley, Ca
3. I am new to overlanding for sure still trying to build a rig to start taking my boys out weekend warrior style. I am totally down to get into group/rally point trips. building on a budget and the truck is my everyday truck so it would be something I can remove easily. I welcome all suggestions of gear for me or my truck.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey Ob Crew,

New to Overlanding but love camping, fishing, and hiking. Looking to get my 4x4 Silverado RST set up as a rig. I got a wife and kids and am looking for budget friendly things always surfin for overlanding gear deals let me know what you would say are the basic needs
Hi Rene, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and rr20975

Polaris Overland

Ambassador, Europe

Pioneer I

Newtonhill, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire, UK
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Spinks
Member #

Service Branch
Royal Navy Veteran
Hi, everyone! I'm the new guy!

Magnus from Norway.
Drive a Toyota Hilux Cargo 2012
Just finished the Budapest Bamako rally with my girlfriend. We went from Norway through Europe down western Africa to Sierra Leone. 12500 km An awesome trip!
Added some pictures of the car from the trip. Enjoy.

Happy to be part of this community.
Great to have you onboard Magnus, let me know if you need anything and remember to keep an eye on Rally Point for meets and trips and head over to the OB Scandinavia Facebook page for chat and comment

Reactions: Kent R

JORCAN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

The Woodlands, Texas, United States
First Name
Jorge
Last Name
Cantres
Member #

Hello fellow adventurers, overlanders, off-roaders a little introduction is in order. I am Jorge, born and mostly raised in PR. 30+ years of military service and 15 with the federal gov. I moved about a year and a half ago from Florida to Arizona because I wanted more outdoor adventures in my life. I don't regret my move at all.
My rig is a 1999 Mitsubishi Montero that I found in FL before moving up to AZ, I had a FJZ80 but the ex kept it, I looked for another one but the budget I had was less of the current going prices.
I always loved camping, hiking and the outdoors. Thankfully i found a very active local group in Tucson that likes to do epic adventures. I found this page via youtube, while doing my research on equipment and stuff. Great channel, plus the Fj rocks. Anyway I'll leave a picture with a brief description of my ride. If anyone is in or aroundvthe Tucson area let me know.

20200229_171312.jpg
1999 Mitsubishi Montero. 2 inch lift, factory rear and center locker, 17 inch steelies with 33" tires, snorkel, roof rack and raptor lined by myself in the factory color. I do my own wrenching. More mods to come. Trying to learn how to weld so I can fabricate stuff. Not a lot of aftermarket support for these.
20200129_113440.jpg
20200111_153539.jpg
FB_IMG_1579577715601.jpg
20190712_194133.jpg

nklopez11

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Clarksville, TN, USA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Lopez
Member #

Have lived all over the world in the last 12 years, but as of a year ago moved home to Long Island, NY
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Grew up driving my old trucks all over exploring, over the last few years have done more traditional travelling, but have been a huge fan of overland travel. Now I'm at a point where I can focus on traveling and exploring how I want to.

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jorge (@JORCAN ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a meet up in Tuscon on the 3rd Thursday of every month, https://www.overlandbound.com/event/southern-arizona-overlanders-meetup/
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

DiggersDue

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Lambdin
Member #

Hello Everyone I'm Jonny

Current Vehicle: 1999 4Runner SR5
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I have always loved exploring and i have wanted to build something so I can explore the less taken path. I bought my 4Runner 10 months ago and she has come a long way from her stock and poorly maintained state. we both still have tons of room for improvement. Ginny.jpg

SquishBang

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Washington, USA
First Name
JuicyJ
Last Name
Wiggler
Hello everyone,

I have a Nissan Titan 4x4 that I have set-up as sort of a "boondocker" style overland rig. I don't have any glamour shots of old girl (on this PC), but she has:
BFG KO2's
4x4 with Eaton HLSD rear diff
Bilstein 5100's
Leer 100XQ cap with Thule tracks and cargo basket
Lot's of dents and "pinstriping" from good times off-road
Lot's of LED off-road lighting of course

My motivation mainly stems from the last few years "car camping" has become very difficult in WA State, and for my family, we can just go further out than most will to find a better camping site/experience. Although my wife is very positive about outdoors life, our son is "meh" about it, so until he goes off to college I will be doing all of the overlanding by myself.

So far we have off-roaded in Moab, Northern AZ and other parts of Utah.
But, we don't know our way around WA State very well. I've gone off-roading a handful of times in the Cascades with my Jeep-owning friends, but all of those areas have since become un-passable over the years (for example, Sunset Copper Mine near Index, WA)

I hope to learn more about WA State on here, and hope to do both the WABDR and AZBDR. Looking forward to learning!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone,

I have a Nissan Titan 4x4 that I have set-up as sort of a "boondocker" style overland rig. I don't have any glamour shots of old girl (on this PC), but she has:
BFG KO2's
4x4 with Eaton HLSD rear diff
Bilstein 5100's
Leer 100XQ cap with Thule tracks and cargo basket
Lot's of dents and "pinstriping" from good times off-road
Lot's of LED off-road lighting of course

My motivation mainly stems from the last few years "car camping" has become very difficult in WA State, and for my family, we can just go further out than most will to find a better camping site/experience. Although my wife is very positive about outdoors life, our son is "meh" about it, so until he goes off to college I will be doing all of the overlanding by myself.

So far we have off-roaded in Moab, Northern AZ and other parts of Utah.
But, we don't know our way around WA State very well. I've gone off-roading a handful of times in the Cascades with my Jeep-owning friends, but all of those areas have since become un-passable over the years (for example, Sunset Copper Mine near Index, WA)

I hope to learn more about WA State on here, and hope to do both the WABDR and AZBDR. Looking forward to learning!
Hi Jason, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

yotanut

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Norwood, CO, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Hurd
Member #

:frowning:
Hello everyone

I'm from New England and have almost always had a pickup, big Blazer or even an old Grand Cherokee. Cant say as I've ever been an "Overlander", but I do love my road trips and hiking and truck-camping. Been on mostly camp and logging roads, and mainly east of the Mississippi. So I know I havent experienced the best there is out there.

Later this year I'm planning a ride out to Montana - Gallatin, the Tetons and Yellowstone area - so I am slowly taking my 2014 Sierra beyond stock condition. I've got a bed cap. Eventually a mild lift and some bigger tires more aggressive than the highway tires currently on it...a rack or basket on top with some lighting...

Probably wont be as tricked out as some I've already seen in this forum, but that's what I'm here for, to see what fits for me and get some advice. Maybe at some point down the road I'll be able to give back some advice, who knows.

ThundahBeagle
Welcome! It sounds like an awesome trip.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone

I'm from New England and have almost always had a pickup, big Blazer or even an old Grand Cherokee. Cant say as I've ever been an "Overlander", but I do love my road trips and hiking and truck-camping. Been on mostly camp and logging roads, and mainly east of the Mississippi. So I know I havent experienced the best there is out there.

Later this year I'm planning a ride out to Montana - Gallatin, the Tetons and Yellowstone area - so I am slowly taking my 2014 Sierra beyond stock condition. I've got a bed cap. Eventually a mild lift and some bigger tires more aggressive than the highway tires currently on it...a rack or basket on top with some lighting...

Probably wont be as tricked out as some I've already seen in this forum, but that's what I'm here for, to see what fits for me and get some advice. Maybe at some point down the road I'll be able to give back some advice, who knows.

ThundahBeagle
Hi Andrew, welcome to the OB community.

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

Hi Everybody,

Im Pius, from Amsterdam The Netherlands.
I have a Landcruiser prado 90 Series i'm upgrading it at the moment, it's stationed in South Africa, Johannesburg my overlanding happens over there, and so i'm also interested on topics, going on that part of the continent.
Thanks!
Hi Pius,

Welcome to Overland Bound! Give me a shout if you have any questions regarding Southern Africa

Cheers,
Christoff

Reactions: Kent R and KA7USA

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey, my rig is a 2015 Toyota Tundra 4x4, I’m from Oregon and I wouldn’t say I’m a beginner but I’m no expert and always love to learn more. View attachment 143008
Welcome Jon,
I am the Northwest Regional Director. @Munga Brown (Oregon), @Gabriel Bozeman (Washington) , and @Sandpoint Steve (Idaho) are your regional member representatives.
2020 is a busy year here for the Northwest Region. We have several reoccurring monthly meetups, a few trips planned, and new Rally Points popping up daily it seams. @Spud.Built is trying to put a group together in the Portland area. You might try and contacting him to see what he might have planned this month.

This weekend Puyallup, Washington has back to back events. First on March 7th is one of the oldest HAM swap meets in the Northwest. If you are interested in learning more about HAM, I highly suggest checking out the Mike and Keys Hamfest and swap meet. The second event is the Moonshiners 4 Wheel Drive and Performance Off-road Swap Meet. It is supposed to be a huge meet with lots of venders, raffles, and food.

March 14th is the first Southern Oregon NorCal Meetup in Grants Pass. Members from surrounding areas are talking about adding a campout to the event. For more information contact @Big G.

For a full list of events, check out Member Meetups as like I said stuff is happening all the time.

Overland By Region is a great spot to see what is happening in your Region.

Mike Rose
Northwest Regional Director
Overland Bound