Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Have lived all over the world in the last 12 years, but as of a year ago moved home to Long Island, NY
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Grew up driving my old trucks all over exploring, over the last few years have done more traditional travelling, but have been a huge fan of overland travel. Now I'm at a point where I can focus on traveling and exploring how I want to.
Welcome to the OB community Nick.

Reactions: Kent R

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello Everyone I'm Jonny

Current Vehicle: 1999 4Runner SR5
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I have always loved exploring and i have wanted to build something so I can explore the less taken path. I bought my 4Runner 10 months ago and she has come a long way from her stock and poorly maintained state. we both still have tons of room for improvement. View attachment 143006
Welcome to the OB community Jonathan.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Glad to have joined, been looking in from the outside for a long time now. Would love to know if there are any other odd balls like me out there using their Honda Pilot to explore the backroads and wooded areas of this great country.
Welcome to the OB community Cory. Glad you finally came in from the outside. I may be an odd ball but I've never owned a Honda Pilot, sorry. I lived in the Grand Rapids nearly 20 years but finally got smart and left in 2003 for Oregon. It looks like I will be back in the area in May, Holland specifically where i have a daughter and her family. If I get there maybe we could get together for coffee or something. I know there are other OB members in that area so possibly a Meet and Greet Rally Point could be put together and we would be able to meet others in that area.

Contributor I

Des Moines, IA, USA
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Peters
Hey all. My name is Jason Copeland. Been wheeling for quite awhile now. Discovered overlanding a few years ago and was happy to find a style that fit what I like to do best. I live in central Iowa but I’ve been exploring around the Mark Twain forests in MO and other parts of the Ozarks for the past couple years now. I drive a 2013 JK that’s also my daily driver so i don’t get too crazy with it. Looking forward to connecting with other overlanders around where I like to explore.View attachment 140846View attachment 140853
Just signed up on here today. I’ve only been on one trip to northeast Iowa. Mostly just dirt roads around Maquoketa and the Mounds. Oh! From Des Moines too

OutdoorGaz

Rank 0

Contributor I

Brisbane QLD, Australia
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Tischer
G'day from Australia,

Even though the supermarkets are all out of toilet paper, the fires have stopped and there has been some good rain :sunglasses:. Life is good here in Australia - just waiting for Coronavirus to hit. :mask: Time to go bush!

I drive a 2011 FJ Cruiser and more recently have been towing an off road trailer. I've been writing/photographing/videoing for some of the major off road/overlanding magazines for the last 9 years. (www.garytischer.com)Travelled to many overlanding locations across the country. I should be at Overland West in a couple of months so hope to meet some of you there.

Mt Field FJ Gov Huts -3337.jpg

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
G'day from Australia,

Even though the supermarkets are all out of toilet paper, the fires have stopped and there has been some good rain :sunglasses:. Life is good here in Australia - just waiting for Coronavirus to hit. :mask: Time to go bush!

I drive a 2011 FJ Cruiser and more recently have been towing an off road trailer. I've been writing/photographing/videoing for some of the major off road/overlanding magazines for the last 9 years. (www.garytischer.com)Travelled to many overlanding locations across the country. I should be at Overland West in a couple of months so hope to meet some of you there.

View attachment 143196
G'day to you Gary. Welcome to the OB community. Good looking set up.

edison32

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Zeeland, MI, USA
First Name
Cory
Last Name
Raak
Member #

Welcome to the OB community Cory. Glad you finally came in from the outside. I may be an odd ball but I've never owned a Honda Pilot, sorry. I lived in the Grand Rapids nearly 20 years but finally got smart and left in 2003 for Oregon. It looks like I will be back in the area in May, Holland specifically where i have a daughter and her family. If I get there maybe we could get together for coffee or something. I know there are other OB members in that area so possibly a Meet and Greet Rally Point could be put together and we would be able to meet others in that area.
Thank you for the welcome!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
G'day from Australia,

View attachment 143196
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Come by our booth at Expo West if you are there and say hi.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Glad to have joined, been looking in from the outside for a long time now. Would love to know if there are any other odd balls like me out there using their Honda Pilot to explore the backroads and wooded areas of this great country.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone
I have a 2000 Toyota Tundra 4X4. Truck is work in progress. I’m in the San Mateo CA area. I do a lot of camping and outdoor activities when I can. My overland experience is novice to moderate .

View attachment 143086
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody
Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Reactions: PapaDave

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone
New member here who just traded in my Excursion on a JKUR.
Glad to be a part of the crew and hoping to expand my range from the north woods of Minnesota.
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @toxicity_27

Reactions: toxicity_27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

I have a Nissan Titan 4x4 that I have set-up as sort of a "boondocker" style overland rig. I don't have any glamour shots of old girl (on this PC), but she has:
BFG KO2's
4x4 with Eaton HLSD rear diff
Bilstein 5100's
Leer 100XQ cap with Thule tracks and cargo basket
Lot's of dents and "pinstriping" from good times off-road
Lot's of LED off-road lighting of course

My motivation mainly stems from the last few years "car camping" has become very difficult in WA State, and for my family, we can just go further out than most will to find a better camping site/experience. Although my wife is very positive about outdoors life, our son is "meh" about it, so until he goes off to college I will be doing all of the overlanding by myself.

So far we have off-roaded in Moab, Northern AZ and other parts of Utah.
But, we don't know our way around WA State very well. I've gone off-roading a handful of times in the Cascades with my Jeep-owning friends, but all of those areas have since become un-passable over the years (for example, Sunset Copper Mine near Index, WA)

I hope to learn more about WA State on here, and hope to do both the WABDR and AZBDR. Looking forward to learning!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Slimpartywagon for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman in WA
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, my rig is a 2015 Toyota Tundra 4x4, I’m from Oregon and I wouldn’t say I’m a beginner but I’m no expert and always love to learn more. View attachment 143008
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Slimpartywagon for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Munga Brown

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello everyone
I have a 2000 Toyota Tundra 4X4. Truck is work in progress. I’m in the San Mateo CA area. I do a lot of camping and outdoor activities when I can. My overland experience is novice to moderate .

View attachment 143086
Nice rig, oh blessed one from the land of Tom Brady.......

I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for March and April, including March 7th where will be combining our monthly meeting and a training day at Hollister Hills OHV park down in Hollister CA.

Come!

This is info on our March 7th Hollister Hills Training day and monthly meeting

West US - Tri-Valley Meet Up at Hollister Hills CA OHV Park

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone I'm Jonny

Current Vehicle: 1999 4Runner SR5
Overland Experience: Novice
Why Overlanding?: I have always loved exploring and i have wanted to build something so I can explore the less taken path. I bought my 4Runner 10 months ago and she has come a long way from her stock and poorly maintained state. we both still have tons of room for improvement. View attachment 143006
Welcome to Overland Bound Jonny.
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody

Three are several local meet-ups if you are intersted.
Elk Grove, CA @Otter155

Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado Hills CA @Kent R

Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Have lived all over the world in the last 12 years, but as of a year ago moved home to Long Island, NY
2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Grew up driving my old trucks all over exploring, over the last few years have done more traditional travelling, but have been a huge fan of overland travel. Now I'm at a point where I can focus on traveling and exploring how I want to.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello fellow adventurers, overlanders, off-roaders a little introduction is in order. I am Jorge, born and mostly raised in PR. 30+ years of military service and 15 with the federal gov. I moved about a year and a half ago from Florida to Arizona because I wanted more outdoor adventures in my life. I don't regret my move at all.
My rig is a 1999 Mitsubishi Montero that I found in FL before moving up to AZ, I had a FJZ80 but the ex kept it, I looked for another one but the budget I had was less of the current going prices.
I always loved camping, hiking and the outdoors. Thankfully i found a very active local group in Tucson that likes to do epic adventures. I found this page via youtube, while doing my research on equipment and stuff. Great channel, plus the Fj rocks. Anyway I'll leave a picture with a brief description of my ride. If anyone is in or aroundvthe Tucson area let me know.

View attachment 142972
1999 Mitsubishi Montero. 2 inch lift, factory rear and center locker, 17 inch steelies with 33" tires, snorkel, roof rack and raptor lined by myself in the factory color. I do my own wrenching. More mods to come. Trying to learn how to weld so I can fabricate stuff. Not a lot of aftermarket support for these.
View attachment 142973
View attachment 142974
View attachment 142975
View attachment 142976
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982
There is a local monthly meet-up in Tuscon, if your interested contact @brien for more information

Reactions: JORCAN

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Rene

1. Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4 RST 2019
2. Central Valley, Ca
3. I am new to overlanding for sure still trying to build a rig to start taking my boys out weekend warrior style. I am totally down to get into group/rally point trips. building on a budget and the truck is my everyday truck so it would be something I can remove easily. I welcome all suggestions of gear for me or my truck.
Welcome to Overland Bound Rene.

If you are interested there are two meet-ups fairly close to you;
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;

Visalia/Fresno CA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone

I'm from New England and have almost always had a pickup, big Blazer or even an old Grand Cherokee. Cant say as I've ever been an "Overlander", but I do love my road trips and hiking and truck-camping. Been on mostly camp and logging roads, and mainly east of the Mississippi. So I know I havent experienced the best there is out there.

Later this year I'm planning a ride out to Montana - Gallatin, the Tetons and Yellowstone area - so I am slowly taking my 2014 Sierra beyond stock condition. I've got a bed cap. Eventually a mild lift and some bigger tires more aggressive than the highway tires currently on it...a rack or basket on top with some lighting...

Probably wont be as tricked out as some I've already seen in this forum, but that's what I'm here for, to see what fits for me and get some advice. Maybe at some point down the road I'll be able to give back some advice, who knows.

ThundahBeagle
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova