Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hey everyone! My name is Aaron. My family lives in southwestern Louisiana and we're running a 2019 TRD Offroad 4runner. I've spent a lot of time off-road with quads and dirt bikes, but this is my first 4wd vehicle.

View attachment 142815
Welcome to the OB community to you and your family Aaron.

Overlanded

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Stow, OH, USA
First Name
Palmer
Last Name
Barr
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo® If you are able to make it this event @Ohio Valley Overland is working on a group camp ground for all Overland Bond members attending.
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland
Thank you very much Kent. I'll check it all out!

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey all, thanks for having me! Currently living in Washington state. Just love to travel with my dogs and explore everything I can. I look forward to gaining experience and knowledge through this group!

Vehicle: 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Experience: Intermediate
Welcome Curtis,
You are in the US Northwest Region. I am the Regional Director, @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest member representative. @Sandpoint Steve is the member rep for Idaho and @Munga Brown is the member rep for Oregon.

The 2020 calendar is filling up fast.
This weekend is the Mike & Keys Hamfest is Puyallup a long with the 4 Wheel Drive and Off-road Swap Meet. Although a bit of a drive for you March 14th is the Southern Oregon Meet and Greet hosted by @Big G . There is talk about combining a campout to this event for those that are driving great distances to get here. At the end of the month, @Gabriel Bozemanis hosting his monthly Campout.
April and May currently don’t have anything on the Calendar. But this will change soon. If you have ideas for some kind of event don’t hesitate to contact @Gabriel Bozemanor myself @Slimpartywagonto help set it up. We would like the member map to be full every weekend for the rest of the year through the Northwest.
June is a very busy month with lots of options for nearly every weekend. The biggest events are the Northwest Overland Rally in Plain Washington and the BC Overland Rally in Whistler, British Columbia. There are also WABDR sectional trips before and after each rally.
July is the 4th Of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon on July 3rd- July 6. Contact @2RiversRanchExpeditions for more information.
Watch for the 1st ever Northwest Regional Campout on Labor Day Weekend. It will be held I. South Eastern Washington or North Eastern Oregon. Myself and the member representative team are working very hard to hash out all the details.
Some other key points to help navigate the forums:
Member Map is a very useful tool, you can find and send messages to members near you to organize a trail ride, campout, or meetup.
Rally Point (aka RP) is a powerful tool to help set up an organized event.
Member Meetups is where the RP automatically makes a thread to discuss meetups. It is filtered by region, or can be filtered by the latest interaction for events a crossed the globe.
Overland By Region is where Regional News and events are found.
Once again, Welcome Curtis. I am excited to see you on the trails this summer.

Mike Rose
Northwest Regional Director
Overland Bound

Reactions: Umbop and Kent R

yotanut

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Norwood, CO, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Hurd
Member #

Hi, everyone! I'm the new guy!

Magnus from Norway.
Drive a Toyota Hilux Cargo 2012
Just finished the Budapest Bamako rally with my girlfriend. We went from Norway through Europe down western Africa to Sierra Leone. 12500 km An awesome trip!
Added some pictures of the car from the trip. Enjoy.

Happy to be part of this community.
In
Hey everyone! My name is Aaron. My family lives in southwestern Louisiana and we're running a 2019 TRD Offroad 4runner. I've spent a lot of time off-road with quads and dirt bikes, but this is my first 4wd vehicle.

View attachment 142815
Beautiful rig! Welcome!

Dessmo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Norway
First Name
M
Last Name
M
Member #

nice setup.
Just joined the community and getting started with my 2005 Excursion. What tent and roof rack setup is this on your rig?
I use Howling Moon Stargazer, a quality tent made in South Africa. For installation I use Thule.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

View attachment 142815
Welcome To Overland Bound Aaron.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @BlueLineOverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Zach from the tri-state area driving a lifted Subaru Impreza
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, everyone! I'm the new guy!

Magnus from Norway.
Drive a Toyota Hilux Cargo 2012
Just finished the Budapest Bamako rally with my girlfriend. We went from Norway through Europe down western Africa to Sierra Leone. 12500 km An awesome trip!
Added some pictures of the car from the trip. Enjoy.

Happy to be part of this community.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Robert OB 33/48

Reactions: Magnus

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, thanks for having me! Currently living in Washington state. Just love to travel with my dogs and explore everything I can. I look forward to gaining experience and knowledge through this group!

Vehicle: 2016 Toyota Tacoma
Experience: Intermediate
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Slimpartywagon for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman

Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Reactions: Umbop and M Rose

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all! Can't wait to be wheelin' every weekend out in the Sierras and some new areas in Northern California.
Beer drinker. Not shy about guns. Lifting weights. Learning lots about my vehicles.

1987 Suzuki Samurai with all the armor
1994 4runner with all the vacuum issues
Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody

Some local meet-ups you might be interested in;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado Hills CA

Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA

Elk Grove, CA

Reactions: M Rose

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. I hope this is the right place for the intro. We just joined. We are both retired DV veterans. We recently bought a U1300 Unimog with the intention of building a camper on it and overlanding full time. We sold the house and unloaded everything we owned, so we have no homeport per se. With that said we are using our son’s house in Abq to stage the build. We are looking forward to getting out there and seeing new places, and meeting like minded people.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings, Doug from Coquille Oregon. These days this is my daily driver and I consider myself to be overlanding everyday as I do security patrol for Weyerhaeuser.View attachment 142699
Welcome to Overland Bound Doug.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Slimpartywagon for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Munga Brown

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2014 wk2
Nate
Durango,colorado
I have 3 years of overlanding joy/experience just recently got a new rig so I guess let the new build start
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everybody,

Im Pius, from Amsterdam The Netherlands.
I have a Landcruiser prado 90 Series i'm upgrading it at the moment, it's stationed in South Africa, Johannesburg my overlanding happens over there, and so i'm also interested on topics, going on that part of the continent.
Thanks!
Welcome to Overland Bound Pius.
IN Southern Africa the closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Get Out GO
IN the Netherlands. @Robert OB 33/48

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Phillip (@Serenity_Overland), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R and KA7USA

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Hello everyone

I'm from New England and have almost always had a pickup, big Blazer or even an old Grand Cherokee. Cant say as I've ever been an "Overlander", but I do love my road trips and hiking and truck-camping. Been on mostly camp and logging roads, and mainly east of the Mississippi. So I know I havent experienced the best there is out there.

Later this year I'm planning a ride out to Montana - Gallatin, the Tetons and Yellowstone area - so I am slowly taking my 2014 Sierra beyond stock condition. I've got a bed cap. Eventually a mild lift and some bigger tires more aggressive than the highway tires currently on it...a rack or basket on top with some lighting...

Probably wont be as tricked out as some I've already seen in this forum, but that's what I'm here for, to see what fits for me and get some advice. Maybe at some point down the road I'll be able to give back some advice, who knows.

ThundahBeagle