Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, I am a novice to overlanding. Planning to get a 2020 ranger 4wd in the next couple of months. My location is San Diego California. Kids are grown and I am close to retirement so I will have more time to explore America. Hope to learn more about overlanding from the this community.
Hi Donald, welcome to the OB community.

Reactions: Kent R

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hello from Santa Cruz, CA. My wife and I recently purchased a 2001 Ford Excursion diesel to use as our build platform. We are experienced campers and have been getting into overlanding the past few years. Currently we use a 2011 Outback with mods for off road but needed something bigger so we got the Excursion. A trip to Moab last year made us realize we want to do longer overland trips and get way out there.

We are looking forward to some meet ups, future adventures and building the rig to get us where we want to go.
Welcome to Overland Bound, as @Kent R stated I am one of your U.S. West member representative. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike anytime. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob, if the need arises.

Be sure to browse the new member threads for some great information that will help you navigate the OB website. Also keep an eye on Rally Points and the member calendar. These two areas will help you find local meetups, trainings and trail runs.

Look forward to meeting you..

Mike

atabar

Rank I

Contributor III

Dominican Republic
First Name
Abraham
Last Name
Tabar
First of all, thanks for the add. I'm a 60 y/o guy who while in his 40's decided to do what he always wanted to do, go out to and return to the bunnies in my own vehicle. I bought a 93 Lexus LX450 , and then thought the years, a 97 Land Cruise 80, a 2001 Lexus LX470, then a 2008 FJ Cruiser Trail Edition (Brand New), and now I own a 05 Lexus GX470 with 172k. Each one of this vehicles has taught me something, the most important being that not matter what your buddy has on his rig, you have to build yours to your own needs and not that of your buddy's. What I want to say is that they are so many accessories for overland vehicle out there that if you lose sight of what is what you want/need on yours, you'll end up wasting a whole lot of money for things that won't do nothing to make your ride a better one for you.
26577353-BB25-4D23-BD71-BF9CA0D07E5F.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
First of all, thanks for the add. I'm a 60 y/o guy who while in his 40's decided to do what he always wanted to do, go out to and return to the bunnies in my own vehicle. I bought a 93 Lexus LX450 , and then thought the years, a 97 Land Cruise 80, a 2001 Lexus LX470, then a 2008 FJ Cruiser Trail Edition (Brand New), and now I own a 05 Lexus GX470 with 172k. Each one of this vehicles has taught me something, the most important being that not matter what your buddy has on his rig, you have to build yours to your own needs and not that of your buddy's. What I want to say is that they are so many accessories for overland vehicle out there that if you lose sight of what is what you want/need on yours, you'll end up wasting a whole lot of money for things that won't do nothing to make your ride a better one for you.
View attachment 142403
Welcome to Overland Bound.
The forum is a great place to get information on whatever build you are currently working on.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, New to the site. 2019 JLU in the build process.
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®
You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY
Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, I am a novice to overlanding. Planning to get a 2020 ranger 4wd in the next couple of months. My location is San Diego California. Kids are grown and I am close to retirement so I will have more time to explore America. Hope to learn more about overlanding from the this community.

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC/SD @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158
Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, new to this site! Been off-roading for many years.
currently have a 2012 Nissan Xterra modded.Tepui RTT.
live in NW Montana USA. Massive opportunity for overland travels.
second vehicle ( Momma rig) is a Lexus GX 470. Living in the mountains of Montana requires serious 4x4 vehicles.
have done tons of RV camping, about every kind you can think of. Bought the RTT last summer and had a couple great overland trips. Looking now at perhaps going with a Overland trailer. Mostly because we take 3 dogs everywhere we go and need a bit more room. Life is beautiful in Montana!!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Montana Carl and in Northern ID @Sandpoint Steve

Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Newbie from Prince George BC. New rig on its way home!!

Rig: 04 range rover
Experience: new but capable.

View attachment 142329
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Slimpartywagon for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman
Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Name: Angel Rivera. 67 Anchorage, Alaska, IT High Performance Computing
Vehicle: 2010 Hummer H3
Experience: Novice more than anything.
This Trip: Deadhorse (Arctic Ocean) via the Dalton Highway
Hi, and thank you to everyone.
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Slimpartywagon for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Newbie from Prince George BC. New rig on its way home!!

Rig: 04 range rover
Experience: new but capable.

View attachment 142329
Welcome James, I am the Northwest Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

June 25-28 is the BC Overland Rally. Only 30 days left to get your tickets at early bird price. I am working on getting an Overland Bound group campsite worked out so that all OB members in attendance can camp together.

http://www.bcoverlandrally.com/bcor.html

Mike Rose
NW Regional Director
Overland Bound

RRRob919

Rank I

Contributor III

Minneapolis, MN
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Skowronski
Hey everyone! I am VERY new to this forum and overloading in general. I currently live in Minneapolis MN and have been considering buying an off-road trailer/camper. I am hoping to connect with some people in my area and gain some insight into some different aspects of overloading. Thanks!

Edwin

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Edwin
Last Name
Sung
Member #

Edwin here from Los Angeles! Got a 2019 Tacoma that I've already put 25k on. Just bought the Four Wheel Camper Project M and waiting for it to come in sometime next month. These pop up truck campers seem awesome and perfect for what I want. Been camping all my life mostly backpacking and mountaineering but been participating in the overland scene for the past couple years. Met great people and looking to continue meeting great people in this community. Give me a holler if you wanna plan a trip!

Attachments

Alrod_46

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Missouri
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Hello All!

I'm Alex, I live in Missouri as of right now, but I'm originally from the great state of Montana. I drive a 2017 Ram 1500 Express. My truck is in the process of bing set up, but here it is as it sits! I am fairly new to overlanding, and cannot wait to get more into it! Exploration, camping, driving, and being in nature are some of my biggest passions so why not combine them all! Can't wait to start the adventures and share them with everyone! Happy Trails!

88374523_678153779622556_1254224231042908160_n.jpg

Superduty23

Rank I

Contributor II

Beatrice, NE
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Julian
Hello All!

I'm Alex, I live in Missouri as of right now, but I'm originally from the great state of Montana. I drive a 2017 Ram 1500 Express. My truck is in the process of bing set up, but here it is as it sits! I am fairly new to overlanding, and cannot wait to get more into it! Exploration, camping, driving, and being in nature are some of my biggest passions so why not combine them all! Can't wait to start the adventures and share them with everyone! Happy Trails!

View attachment 142469
Where at in Missouri are you from?