Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Santa Cruz, CA. My wife and I recently purchased a 2001 Ford Excursion diesel to use as our build platform. We are experienced campers and have been getting into overlanding the past few years. Currently we use a 2011 Outback with mods for off road but needed something bigger so we got the Excursion. A trip to Moab last year made us realize we want to do longer overland trips and get way out there.

We are looking forward to some meet ups, future adventures and building the rig to get us where we want to go.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your NorCal Member Representatives; Bay Area @PapaDave, Sac/Foothills @Magic Mike, North State @Cottonwoody

Overland Expo West is this May About WEST — Overland Expo®
Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;
About MOUNTAIN WEST — Overland Expo®

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey y’all I’m Blake. I’m a Novice at overlanding but I’m an off-road enthusiast. I currently have a 17 Ford F-350 DRW but also looking for a smaller truck for eventually overlanding and to drive to work (which is sometimes.. well a lot of time off road through mud and rock). I pipeline for a living so the 350 will still be pulling the 5th wheel as I practically live on the road. Therfore I’m all over the states. My avatar is my Superduty.
Welcome to Overland Bound Bake.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Iwata77 & @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! My name is VJ(Virgil). im from Tucson AZ. I have a 1994 Jeep Cherokee that i am building up into our family's overland/camp rig. it has a 4" lift and 31" tires. need to install roofrack and supplies and go hit some back country trails! I'm not new to 4x4'ing but it was mostly rock crawling. So it will be new to me to not thrash on my vehicle. Cant wait to meet some of you and maybe see you on the trails!
Welcome to Overland Bound VJ.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

@brien can get you information about the monthly meet-up in Tucson if your interested.

Reactions: VJarman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone! I’m Mike and I’m excited to have the opportunity to be a part of this community. I drive a 2015 canyon right now but I will be getting another ride to set up for my overland adventures so I’m not using my daily driver. I’m new to all this but I’m excited to explore and learn some new things. Been camping and exploring most of my life but never with my vehicle.
Welcome To Overland Bound Mike.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo East is this October. About EAST — Overland Expo®

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Reactions: VJarman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, I’m Greg from S.W. Idaho. Currently have a 1998 4Runner, and looking to buy a new ‘19 or ‘20 very soon.

I’ve been backpacking since I was a kid, and bike packing for the past few years, And my rig has been mostly a way to get me to places I wanted start my adventures at, so I’m experienced in the backcountry. But my knee is making it harder to go places under my own power and I cannot imagine not being out in the wild. I’ve been on a few overlanding adventures, with the longest going from Idaho to Panamint Springs CA, but still consider myself a novice when it comes to overlanding.
Loving the YouTube channel and getting great ideas for building up the 4Runner, and being better prepared for adventure and emergencies. Can’t wait to get into the forums here as well, and hopefully meeting up with locals.
View attachment 142010
Welcome to Overland Bound Greg.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Slimpartywagon for help or information, he can also get you in touch with the local SW ID meet-up.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all!

I’m definitely a newcomer to the overlanding community. Bought my 2019 Tacoma TRD Sport about a year ago and I didn’t even know what the term overlanding meant, but I knew in my heart that is how I wanted to build my truck. To be prepared for adventure.

Springfield, MO is my hometown, but I truly look forward to getting out west to explore very soon and that is one of the main reasons I’m here. Looking forward to being a pet of the community! Thx

-Tanner (@MO_Taco)
Welcome to Overland Bound Tanner.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @BlueLineOverland, @Iwata77, @Paris0514

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good morning from AZ! So glad I found you guys. Looking forward to meeting up with some like-minded people! I'm an overland novice looking to gain as much knowledge as possible so I can take my six year old son adventuring.
Rig: 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee EcoDiesel
Welcome to Overland Bound!
Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982.
@brien can get you information on a monthly meet-up in the Phoenix area if your interested.
Overland Expo West is this May https://www.overlandexpo.com/west

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is Nate, I’ve been looking to get into overlanding for sometime now, finally pulled the trigger and bought my “dream” vehicle a 2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD off-road. Looking for like minded people in the Midwest to take some trips with and looking for Overland events in the area.
Rig: 2020 4Runner TRD off-road
Experience: Some experience with off roading, have car camped and backpacked
Welcome to Overland Bound Nate.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning
Overland Expo Mountain West is this August. Overland Expo Mountain West is this August.https://www.overlandexpo.com/mtnwest
You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Hello from Santa Cruz, CA. My wife and I recently purchased a 2001 Ford Excursion diesel to use as our build platform. We are experienced campers and have been getting into overlanding the past few years. Currently we use a 2011 Outback with mods for off road but needed something bigger so we got the Excursion. A trip to Moab last year made us realize we want to do longer overland trips and get way out there.

We are looking forward to some meet ups, future adventures and building the rig to get us where we want to go.
Hey Forrest!
I am the Bay Area member rep and I can help connect you to meet ups that are happening near you. In Pleasanton CA there is a meet up on the second Sunday’s of the month and it has a great regular turn out and active. The Tri-Valley (Pleasanton) group has number of plans already laid out for March and April, including March 7th where will be combining our monthly meeting and a training day at Hollister Hills OHV park down in Hollister CA.

Come!

This is info on our March 7th Hollister Hills Training day and monthly meeting

West US - Tri-Valley Meet Up at Hollister Hills CA OHV Park

This is the regular meet up info

Tri-Valley Meet Up
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
Just come! :)View Rally Point Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA STARTS MONTHLY ON DECEMBER 8TH EVERY SECOND SUNDAY MEET UP 1-3pm We are looking to gather together those living in the East Bay (and greater Bay Area) in downtown Pleasanton CA. Everyone is welcome as we look to gather...
www.overlandbound.com
www.overlandbound.com
If you have questions feel free to reach out

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi, I’m Greg from S.W. Idaho. Currently have a 1998 4Runner, and looking to buy a new ‘19 or ‘20 very soon.

I’ve been backpacking since I was a kid, and bike packing for the past few years, And my rig has been mostly a way to get me to places I wanted start my adventures at, so I’m experienced in the backcountry. But my knee is making it harder to go places under my own power and I cannot imagine not being out in the wild. I’ve been on a few overlanding adventures, with the longest going from Idaho to Panamint Springs CA, but still consider myself a novice when it comes to overlanding.
Loving the YouTube channel and getting great ideas for building up the 4Runner, and being better prepared for adventure and emergencies. Can’t wait to get into the forums here as well, and hopefully meeting up with locals.
View attachment 142010
As @Kent R said, I’m your regional director. You have two monthly meetups in the Treasure Valley. The first is a conference call which will turn into a picnic/trail ride once the weather changes.

And then Beers and Gears is a monthly meetup where members discuss their rigs, trips, and plan campouts and trail rides.

For more information contact @ButDad for the lowdown

Mike Rose
NW Regional Director
Overland Bound

Ctullu

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Alamogordo, NM, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Mayo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5LYJ
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
Hello all. Excited to be a part of the community.
Hoping to learn a lot. Just started to explore the local mountains.View attachment 139184
*2007 4Runner SR5 "2WD"
*Irvine, CA
How do you like that hitch tire carrier? I am in the market for something similar, or afull rear bumper option.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Name: Jason
Rig: 2020 4Runner (bone stock for now)
My wife and I like to camp and hike. I stumbled across the concept of overlanding while researching the 4Runner and found it very interesting so here I am learning as much as I can.
Welcome to the OB community Jason.

Superduty23

Rank I

Contributor II

Beatrice, NE
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Julian

Superduty23

Rank I

Contributor II

Beatrice, NE
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Julian

Angel Rivera

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Spring, Texas, United States
First Name
Angel
Last Name
Rivera
Member #

Service Branch
DD-214 7th SFGA
Name: Angel Rivera. 67 Anchorage, Alaska, IT High Performance Computing
Vehicle: 2010 Hummer H3
Experience: Novice more than anything.
This Trip: Deadhorse (Arctic Ocean) via the Dalton Highway
Hi, and thank you to everyone.

Attachments

Fyrftr007

Rank 0

Contributor I

Montana, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Beers
Hey all, new to this site! Been off-roading for many years.
currently have a 2012 Nissan Xterra modded.Tepui RTT.
live in NW Montana USA. Massive opportunity for overland travels.
second vehicle ( Momma rig) is a Lexus GX 470. Living in the mountains of Montana requires serious 4x4 vehicles.
have done tons of RV camping, about every kind you can think of. Bought the RTT last summer and had a couple great overland trips. Looking now at perhaps going with a Overland trailer. Mostly because we take 3 dogs everywhere we go and need a bit more room. Life is beautiful in Montana!!

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Newbie from Prince George BC. New rig on its way home!!

Rig: 04 range rover
Experience: new but capable.

View attachment 142329
Welcome to the OB community
Newbie from Prince George BC. New rig on its way home!!

Rig: 04 range rover
Experience: new but capable.

View attachment 142329
Welcome to the OB community James. Nice looking rig.
Hey all, new to this site! Been off-roading for many years.
currently have a 2012 Nissan Xterra modded.Tepui RTT.
live in NW Montana USA. Massive opportunity for overland travels.
second vehicle ( Momma rig) is a Lexus GX 470. Living in the mountains of Montana requires serious 4x4 vehicles.
have done tons of RV camping, about every kind you can think of. Bought the RTT last summer and had a couple great overland trips. Looking now at perhaps going with a Overland trailer. Mostly because we take 3 dogs everywhere we go and need a bit more room. Life is beautiful in Montana!!
Welcome to the OB community Pat. I believe life is beautiful in Montana.

Tripin75

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Brown
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS= WRFG207
Hello, I am a novice to overlanding. Planning to get a 2020 ranger 4wd in the next couple of months. My location is San Diego California. Kids are grown and I am close to retirement so I will have more time to explore America. Hope to learn more about overlanding from the this community.