Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Greetings from the Frozen North of Palmer Ak. I am a new member to Overland Bound, I have been camping in and traversing the backcountry of Alaska since I was a child. I am currently building a new 2019 Tacoma for my overland rig as my trusty but rusty 1996 Suburban has seen its well loved but better days. I am a vehicle and heavy equipment mechanic by trade and do not mind helping out with diagnostics and vehicle parts and service related questions if needed.

Look forward to chatting with everyone on the forums.

Mark.
Heya Mark, welcome to OB! let us know if you have any questions or if you need anything in particular, and thanks for the offer to help out with mechanical related issues, very cool! Enjoy!

Falconfixer

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Tooele, UT, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
M.
Member #

Greetings ya’ll! I’m Jason, currently living in north Utah. I’ve camped my whole life, offroaded for years from 3 and 4 wheelers to trucks. Overlanding combined the two.
rig: 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings ya’ll! I’m Jason, currently living in north Utah. I’ve camped my whole life, offroaded for years from 3 and 4 wheelers to trucks. Overlanding combined the two.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @A-Aron & @Knitron

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from Indiana! Experienced camper, but new to Overlanding. My rig is a 2016 Chevrolet Silverado z71 - mostly stock with the exception of a leveling kit, Magnum steps and upgraded rims/tires(from a 2019 Trailboss). View attachment 139318

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W.
The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

I'm Rath, from Manitoba Canada.
Drive a 2004 Ranger FX4 Level II
slightly lifted on 35" tires
cap on the back for a sleeping area during camping season. currently building a trailer to use for storage items to increase size of said sleeping platform!

some photos:

and the inside (currently)

Welcome to Overland Bound.
If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi,my name is Eric Failes and I own a 1966 jeep cj5 that I am building for over landing. I live in Michigan and I ride my motorcycle when I can. Love the outdoors and travel.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Ohio Valley Overland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from West Tennessee.
I'd share a picture of my rig, but it's totally stock so you can see it on the jeep.com website. ;)
I drive a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have no overloading experience, but I've always loved road trips and just travel in general. I want to spend more time in this arena, so I'm hoping to learn more from the experts here.
Thanks for having me.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings from the Frozen North of Palmer Ak. I am a new member to Overland Bound, I have been camping in and traversing the backcountry of Alaska since I was a child. I am currently building a new 2019 Tacoma for my overland rig as my trusty but rusty 1996 Suburban has seen its well loved but better days. I am a vehicle and heavy equipment mechanic by trade and do not mind helping out with diagnostics and vehicle parts and service related questions if needed.

Look forward to chatting with everyone on the forums.

Mark.

Currently I am your Regional Director @Kent R, don't hesitate to contact me for help or information. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman WA, @Sandpoint Steve ID, @Slimpartywagon Eastern OR, @Munga Brown OR Coast.

@Slimpartywagon is working on organizing the Alaska area he is a good resource for questions

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. Eric from Toronto Canada used to have 2018 Tacoma. Been one time off-roading and couple overlanding. Currently driving 2020 Tacoma View attachment 139277View attachment 139276

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Mike W for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. New member from Denver, Colorado here. Driving a Chevy Colorado Z71 crew cab with 2 inch suspension lift, Falken Wildpeak tires, skid plates, sideshooter ditch lights, Retrax cover with Yakima Outpost HD rack, Yakima Skyrise HD RTT, and 2 Rocky Mounts Switchhitter LS bike racks. Ski/snowboard rack replaces the RTT in the winter. Truck is very much still a work in progress and I've changed a few things over time. Plenty of other upgrades planned too. I'm also an avid mountain biker, so if I can combine overlanding and mountain biking I'm in my happy place.

View attachment 139248
View attachment 139249
View attachment 139252
View attachment 139253
View attachment 139258

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Neal A. Tew

Check out the Overland Expo happening in Loveland CO this August;

Reactions: BizzyB

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,
I'm from northwest Tn. I have been offroading for around 19 years. Ranging from 4wheeler's to trucks to full offroad buggies. Just got into trying out overlanding. Which so far has been a blast and probably my favorite style of offroading I have been apart of since my wife and dogs get to enjoy it more.look forward to learning what I cam from here and hopefully becoming knowledgeable enough to help others.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @NC-Trooper

Reactions: Bigdeck1987

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Welcome to OB Jason, nicely outfitted truck, and I dig the Jolly Roger! Enjoy!

Reactions: Kent R

MfergCLT

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Charlotte, NC
First Name
Max
Last Name
Ferguson
Member #

Welcome and love the rig. Currently setting up my truck with voodoo racks and can't decide yet on the RTT set up yet

OneGreenMachine

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

Coweta County, Georgia, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hi all. Am a very new beginner member who got interested in Overlanding after watching on YouTube.

Rig: 2000 Ford Excursion, 5.4 Gas 4x4.
Experience: watching YouTube :)
In roughly the same boat and same general geography. 2005 6.0 Excursion and just getting started. If you want to compare notes or build plans let me know.

OneGreenMachine

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Hello All,

42 yo husband and father of 6 here. Love taking the family camping but want to step that game up a notch. I have had dream to start overlanding since I bought this rig back in 2014 roughly. Hard to find parts and I fabricate some of my own. Looking to start small around the area and state, but I want to travel out west to experience that side of the country again.

St. Augustine, Fl
2001 Ford Excursion
Overlanding Experience Background (Novice)
Fellow Ford Excursion owner here.
2005 6.0 4x4
If you have any advice tips or tricks for someone just starting please send them my way!

OneGreenMachine

Rank III
Investor

Enthusiast II

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bell
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Welcome, not to many X drivers around. Enjoy
Thanks! It’s a big old beast. But there are 6 of us...so it works. If you see some around X’s shoot me a note would love to learn from those that have “been there- done that” versus fall on my face immediately.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Noah @The Gobbler , welcome from Oklahoma.
I see you are a ham radio operator as well, feel free to join out weekly Friday night Echolink net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you don't have access to an Echolink, DMR, or Allstar capable repeater don't worry, many of us use the Echolink app.