Rank III

Enthusiast III

Englewood, CO 80112, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Baecker
Member #

Hello everyone. New member from Denver, Colorado here. Driving a Chevy Colorado Z71 crew cab with 2 inch suspension lift, Falken Wildpeak tires, skid plates, sideshooter ditch lights, Retrax cover with Yakima Outpost HD rack, Yakima Skyrise HD RTT, and 2 Rocky Mounts Switchhitter LS bike racks. Ski/snowboard rack replaces the RTT in the winter. Truck is very much still a work in progress and I've changed a few things over time. Plenty of other upgrades planned too. I'm also an avid mountain biker, so if I can combine overlanding and mountain biking I'm in my happy place.

IMG_20200131_151051.jpg
IMG_20200131_131210.jpg
IMG_20191109_150906.jpg
IMG_20191109_150939.jpg
IMG_20190803_152211.jpg

Last edited:

Hambone

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Savannah, GA, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Scarlett
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WUB

Bugnut

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Laven
Member #

Hi Mike welcome to the OB community. Any thoughts on what those 4 wheels will be?
Thanks. Got a couple...

My 2000 X, just a tick under 200k.
20190706_173942.jpg

And my 2015 version, with 150k less miles!

20191005_125908.jpg

Both used on a weekly basis. Just getting going on the '15. RTT should be next or installing winch and rear helper spring. It certainly needs it when it sags that much under several hundred pounds of lava rock!

Looking forward to camping w the new one.

Mike

Northbound_Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Palmer, AK, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Thornsley
Member #

Greetings from the Frozen North of Palmer Ak. I am a new member to Overland Bound, I have been camping in and traversing the backcountry of Alaska since I was a child. I am currently building a new 2019 Tacoma for my overland rig as my trusty but rusty 1996 Suburban has seen its well loved but better days. I am a vehicle and heavy equipment mechanic by trade and do not mind helping out with diagnostics and vehicle parts and service related questions if needed.

Look forward to chatting with everyone on the forums.

Mark.

DogDay

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Collierville, TN, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Bierman
Member #

Greetings from West Tennessee.
I'd share a picture of my rig, but it's totally stock so you can see it on the jeep.com website. ;)
I drive a 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have no overloading experience, but I've always loved road trips and just travel in general. I want to spend more time in this arena, so I'm hoping to learn more from the experts here.
Thanks for having me.

Fireball1969

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Jackson, MI, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Failes
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
My name is Eric Failes and I have a old 1966 jeep cj5. It is a work in progress and I am new to the over landing world. I live in Michigan and ride motorcycles whenever possible. Lol! Any help or ideas for a low budget build on my jeep, the help is appreciated. Thank you

Rath

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Manitoba, Canada
First Name
Rath
Last Name
Adventures
Member #

Hey all,

I'm Rath, from Manitoba Canada.
Drive a 2004 Ranger FX4 Level II
slightly lifted on 35" tires
cap on the back for a sleeping area during camping season. currently building a trailer to use for storage items to increase size of said sleeping platform!

some photos:

and the inside (currently)

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Greetings from the Frozen North of Palmer Ak. I am a new member to Overland Bound, I have been camping in and traversing the backcountry of Alaska since I was a child. I am currently building a new 2019 Tacoma for my overland rig as my trusty but rusty 1996 Suburban has seen its well loved but better days. I am a vehicle and heavy equipment mechanic by trade and do not mind helping out with diagnostics and vehicle parts and service related questions if needed.

Mark.
Welcome Mark from the mainland.
The Northwest region is springing to life. @Kent R is the Regional Director. @Gabriel Bozeman , @Sandpoint Steve , @Munga Brown and @Slimpartywagon are your Member Representatives. The 5 of us are here to help you learn your way around Overland Bound.

Some great resources for helping you find people near you:
Member Map- shows where other members are located in proximity to yourself as well as all over the world. It also shows trails, camp sites, and current RPs.

Rally Point- also known as RP- Rally Point allows Members to create events with details specific to OVERLANDERS, whether it is a “Rigs and Coffee” get together, overland trip, or a reoccurring local, or training event. You simply fill in the event details and Rally Point will create a summary “announcement” page for you to share. It will also create a forum announcement to get the conversation started if you choose.

Overland Bound Members Meetups- is where discussion of RPs takes place. I find that at times it’s easier to fallow the meetups for the Northwest Region than trying to sift through all the RPs for something going on close to you.

Overland Bound by Region is a great source of information regarding what is happening in our region.

Unfortunately we don’t have much going on in your area at this exact time, but we are really wanting to get Alaskan Members more active. The closest event to you on the calendar is British Columbia Overland Rally in Whistler, BC from June 25-28. Preregistration is now open for the event through March 31st.

Once again, welcome Mark. We are excited to have you on board. If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.

Mike Rose
OB#20990
Northwest Member Representative
KJ7MFV

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi guys, thanks for allowing me to join. My name is Rich and I currently live in Henderson, Nevada. Looking forward to the chance to share the outdoors with you all.

I'm new to the overlanding scene, and currently drive a 2020 4runner ORP.
Welcome to the wonderful world of OB. Please let me know if your have any questions.

Reactions: Kent R

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Mark.
Welcome from Washington!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the NorthWest Region's specific forums. (U.S. NorthWest (AK WA ID OR))
-Check out the Rally Point and the Member Map. These are great ways to find other members near you and to find events!
-Our Region also has a Fcebook page (Overland Bound NorthWest).

If you are in need of any assistance, feel free to PM any of the NW Member Reps: @Gabriel Bozeman, @Slimpartywagon, @Munga Brown, or @Sandpoint Steve.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

My name is Eric Failes and I have a old 1966 jeep cj5. It is a work in progress and I am new to the over landing world. I live in Michigan and ride motorcycles whenever possible. Lol! Any help or ideas for a low budget build on my jeep, the help is appreciated. Thank you
Welcome Eric! Any pics of the CJ?

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Thanks. Got a couple...

My 2000 X, just a tick under 200k.
View attachment 139273

And my 2015 version, with 150k less miles!

View attachment 139274

Both used on a weekly basis. Just getting going on the '15. RTT should be next or installing winch and rear helper spring. It certainly needs it when it sags that much under several hundred pounds of lava rock!

Looking forward to camping w the new one.

Mike
Love the Xterras! Nice looking garage, too. I've got serious garage envy of anyone with a nice garage...

Reactions: Kent R

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Mark.
Heya Mark, welcome to OB! let us know if you have any questions or if you need anything in particular, and thanks for the offer to help out with mechanical related issues, very cool! Enjoy!