Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Good evening all,

Rig: Bone stock '20 Tacoma TRD Off Road (Dream truck)
Experience: a lot of camping throughout the years. Mostly fire roads for offroad driving experience.

Looking forward to putting the truck through its paces and getting out there to explore this beautiful state.
Welcome Chris, I already posted my long greeting on your “introductory” post

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi,
my name is Julian and I am planning a trip to Oregon/Washingto State in September. Flying in from Germany. I am new to overlanding and do not own a rig to show you. Do you have any suggestions to rent an overland vehicle for 3 people in the Seattle/Portland area? Unfortunatly, Wonderland Expedition closed down. Any alternatives?

Lookig forward to hear from you guys.
Cheers
Hello and welcome!

I'm in Washington. Not sure of any overland rigs that you can rent. I'd Google it! ,

Reactions: Kent R and KA7USA

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi,
my name is Julian and I am planning a trip to Oregon/Washingto State in September. Flying in from Germany. I am new to overlanding and do not own a rig to show you. Do you have any suggestions to rent an overland vehicle for 3 people in the Seattle/Portland area? Unfortunatly, Wonderland Expedition closed down. Any alternatives?

Lookig forward to hear from you guys.
Cheers
Welcome Julian. @Kent R is the US Northwest Regional Director, @Sandpoint Steve , @Gabriel Bozeman and myself (@Slimpartywagon ) are the region’s Member Representatives.

@Smileyshaun is from the Portland area, he might have some suggestions or know of some places to rent an Expedition Vehicle.

My mother was a second Generation German/American transplant. My great grandparents came a crossed the ocean by boat during the beginning of the “Great War”. I still have family in Berlin and scattered throughout East Germany. If you make it out to the East side of Oregon, I would love to host you and show you genuine Eastern Oregon Hospitality.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
Northwest Overland Bound Member Representative

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hi everyone! My name is Matt and a big lover of the outdoors here. I used to be a huge backpacker, rock climber, and mountain biker. But life threw me two curve balls that are now 2 and 4 years old and I don't get out like I used to.
So I'm more of a basecamper now, but miss the solitude of far off places.... So we have been exploring the unpaved world around us trying to get as far from people as possible.
I drive a 2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Polar Edition. It's stock except some interior add ons and a light bar. I'm not looking to do difficult trails right now, just seeking interesting, beautiful, and remote camping spots.
Looking forward to reading trip reports and coming up with ideas for our own adventures.
View attachment 137928
Welcome to the wonderful world of OB. As @Kent R said, check out the Vegas group and if you have any questions please reach out.

Reactions: Kent R

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Hello Overlanders!
I'm John, the latest boot! Glad to join up and look forward to Overland Bound meet-ups.

2) Midwest City, Oklahoma (suburb SE of Oklahoma City)
3) 2019 Tacoma TRD OR
Old Man Emu lift w/Dakar Leaf pack
A.R.E. DCU Wedge topper on back and wooden coffin rack, drawers and shelf.
(for once, being short paid off! I can lay flat in the 6' bed.) :laughing:
4) Overlanding experience: USMC: Jeeps, HMMWVs, 5-tons, Gama-Goats, shelter halves/GP tents.
Used to go camping and fishing out of my S-10 and Suburban, but it's been a couple decades since
doing any overlanding or camping. Just getting back into it, but I feel like boot!

View attachment 138155View attachment 138156
Welcome....nice set up.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
View attachment 138242

Hi, I’m Steve. I’m from Ohio, but my home will be where my tent is pitched in a couple of weeks. Retired a year ago, sold my house and most of my belongings last November. Bought a 19 4 runner off-road. Spent time camping in Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee so far. Plan to spend a few years traveling all over the country. Heading west once I start. I want to live somewhere in the west if and when I decide to stop traveling.
Welcome to OB and the wonderful world of Retirement. My wife and I retired 6ish years ago in VA and sold all and moved west. Landed in Reno NV and have not been disappointed. When you get out this way, make sure you look us up the Reno Overlanding group. If we have a run or overnighter, feel free to join us.

Cooper113

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Roaming
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Drake
Welcome to OB and the wonderful world of Retirement. My wife and I retired 6ish years ago in VA and sold all and moved west. Landed in Reno NV and have not been disappointed. When you get out this way, make sure you look us up the Reno Overlanding group. If we have a run or overnighter, feel free to join us.

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

It was built from the ground up using reclaimed steel from several different scrapped boat lifts.

I have build pics if anyone was interested. Maybe i should post them in the trailer build threads?

There is a galley in the rear and electrical/ battery storage room below.

It is 12’x5’ with detachable tongue

Yeah, definitely should. Folks are always interested in great trailer builds.

Ran4

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Port Saint Lucie FL
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Warren
Member #

Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.
Thank you, Kent..

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello everyone. Thanks for having me!

I have: '13 F150 w/ a Tuff Stuff Roof Top Tent
My wife has: '16 4 Runner
We are novice at best, but we are eager to learn and even more eager to get out and explore!
Welcome Clay and Clara to the OB community. Sounds like you've got some good rigs to get out and explore in so go for it. Posts some pictures sometime of one of your adventures, we'd love to see them.

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello everyone. Thanks for having me!

I have: '13 F150 w/ a Tuff Stuff Roof Top Tent
My wife has: '16 4 Runner
We are novice at best, but we are eager to learn and even more eager to get out and explore!
Welcome from NE Oklahoma Clay and Sara!

Enthusiast I

Wyoming
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Carroll
Hello!

I am looking forward to joining this community! I am located in Wyoming and have lived here my whole life. I have a lot of experience in the outdoors, but none in the specific task of "overlanding". I have wheeled a fair amount, and camped/fished/hunted plenty. I have mostly explored the state by motorcycle. My current truck is a 1983 GMC K2500, though I own a couple other 4x4's also. None of them will be the basis of my build, my current plan is to probably acquire a 1973-1979 GMC Jimmy or Suburban and build it out. I have been hording parts for a while with the intent of building a wheeler, I just hadn't settled on it's exact purpose until now. My intent is to build a capable trail rig, outfitted with all the amenities for overlanding comfortably. Hopefully I can convince the wife to come along as well, though she is rather attached to the toy hauler. Thanks.

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello!

I am looking forward to joining this community! I am located in Wyoming and have lived here my whole life. I have a lot of experience in the outdoors, but none in the specific task of "overlanding". I have wheeled a fair amount, and camped/fished/hunted plenty. I have mostly explored the state by motorcycle. My current truck is a 1983 GMC K2500, though I own a couple other 4x4's also. None of them will be the basis of my build, my current plan is to probably acquire a 1973-1979 GMC Jimmy or Suburban and build it out. I have been hording parts for a while with the intent of building a wheeler, I just hadn't settled on it's exact purpose until now. My intent is to build a capable trail rig, outfitted with all the amenities for overlanding comfortably. Hopefully I can convince the wife to come along as well, though she is rather attached to the toy hauler. Thanks.
Hi Andy. I like the pic of your truck partly because my rig is a 88 Silverado 2500 with a shell on the back. i would definitely encourage you to join OB and be sure and post pics when you start your build.

Enthusiast I

Wyoming
First Name
Andy
Last Name
Carroll
Hi Andy. I like the pic of your truck partly because my rig is a 88 Silverado 2500 with a shell on the back. i would definitely encourage you to join OB and be sure and post pics when you start your build.
Thanks, I am a squarebody addict, my dad bought this '83 used when I was in junior high and it was my high school ride. I am thinking it may end up more of a pre-runner in the end. Looking forward to doing some research here and getting some ideas and inspiration.