Contributor III

Shelly Beach NSW, Australia
First Name
Glenn
Last Name
Minett
Member #

Hi I’m a New Member.
My names Glenn, 45, married with 3 kids. I’m from the Central Coast NSW Australia. Ive been driving Passenger Electric and Diesel Trains for over 15 years.
Have camped/traveled my whole life. Most recent big trip was a 5000 mile outback trip here in Oz 6 months ago with 2 work mates.
In 99 I spent over 6 months back packing doing a full lap of USA then went to UK for all of 2000.
Have always been an Air cooled VW guy traveling in my Kombi (Now sold). But wanting to go further off the beaten track I now have a Nissan Navara NP300 2017 ST 2.3TD. I’m currently getting quotes to upgrade my suspension, bar work and adding other necessities.
Any way that’s enough for now. Pics of me at Uluru 6 months ago, my old Kombi and my current Nissan
CF575655-667B-4100-83A0-3CCED74F50EC.jpgIMG_2785.JPGIMG_6894.JPG

Wilbanks09

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Charleston, SC, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Wilbanks
Member #

New member to Overland Bound & excited to be here...especially once I can navigate this site better! ha

I'm located in Charleston SC and don't have much experience overloading past offloading in the mud and getting on some Nasty roads on hunting trips. Love Land Rovers, especially Disco II's and on my third rover. Looking to link up with locals and those around the state, GA, TN, NC to learn what I can!

My 2004 Disco ll with what Ive done so far. Just added a rear ladder and in dash GPS, with plenty left on the to-do list. Would love to hear more from disco owners of do's/dont's and what gear has been worth the time and money to add. Looking forward to it!! --Austin

Looking 9809329B-7427-481B-B904-6EE6BEE335EC.JPG4DA01E6A-B23A-42C0-8470-E4E18A135D8D.JPGIMG-1076.jpg

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Rig: 2003 Mercedes Benz ML500 (lifted w/cooper disco maxx)
Experience: Daytrips exploring back roads/trails in whatever I'm driving at the time.
I just want to connect with other adventurous people and discover new places.
Not sure if anyone else in the tri cities has reached out to you yet, but welcome to OB! Keep an eye on the meetup thread, we've had meetups the last 2 months and have one in the works for February. Also over in the NW regional forum there is a thread tri cities clubhouse for other TC related talk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redmond, Oregon, United States
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Severtsen
Member #

Not sure if anyone else in the tri cities has reached out to you yet, but welcome to OB! Keep an eye on the meetup thread, we've had meetups the last 2 months and have one in the works for February. Also over in the NW regional forum there is a thread tri cities clubhouse for other TC related talk
Thanks for the welcome. I can't wait to get out in nature with some new friends.

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Rig: 2003 Mercedes Benz ML500 (lifted w/cooper disco maxx)
Experience: Daytrips exploring back roads/trails in whatever I'm driving at the time.
I just want to connect with other adventurous people and discover new places.
Welcome Carl as @Kent R said, I am your closest Member Representative.

Overland Bound has much to offer besides just the forums. By becoming a member, you have access to the Rally Point, where you can set up trips, meetups, or classes. You can also view up coming events on the Rally Point. Member Maps shows you members in your area, trusted shops, campgrounds, dispersed camping, and lots more. Then the biggest advantage (for me at least) is keeping this forum alive.

Reoccurring events in our area:

Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup February 22nd hosted by @PNW EXPLR
Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Reoccurring 3rd Friday Beer and Gear times and locations change each month; Hosted by @David C Gibbs

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs, and Trails every 3rd Saturday; hosted by @Slimpartywagon

Some key events coming up in 2020:

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
Northwest Overland Member Representative

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello fellow Overlanders,

Newbie here! I recently got a 2002 Sequoia that I'll be spending 2 to 3 months living out of this summer roaming beautiful British Columbia! Looking forward to soaking up some valuable knowledge from you experienced folks!
Welcome Neils, you are located in Canada West/Us Northwest Region, @Kent R is the Region’s Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative, @Sandpoint Steve and myself are also Member Representatives. Feel free to message us with any questions, concerns, or ideas. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reoccurring events in our area:

Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup February 22nd hosted by
Treasure Valley Winter Conference Call and Meetup every 3rd Sunday at 1900 hours Mountain Time; hosted by @ButDad

Inland Northwest Monthly Conference Call on the third Sunday of each month @ 1900 hours PST; hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Reoccurring 3rd Friday Beer and Gear times and locations change each month; Hosted by @David C Gibbs

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs, and Trails every 3rd Saturday; hosted by @Slimpartywagon

Some key events coming up in 2020:

June 15-18 WBDAR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Route) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” explore the Washington Backcountry Route on your way to Plain, Washington for the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Great for new and experienced Overlanders a like.Camping, Classes, trail rides, and great times. Preregistration is open now through March 31st tickets will also be available at the gate. RSVP by May 31stto camp with fellow Overland Bound members, Families and Friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they host the adventure of the summer. the adventure starts on July 3rd with a potluck dinner, campfire, and camping at 2 Rivers Ranch. Drive through Dayville in the 4th of July Parade as we take to the trails for 3 more days of exploring and camping.

Labor Day Weekend, First Northwest Overland Bound Regional Campout. This event is still in the planning stages with exact times and locations still be worked on.

Keep checking the Member Meetups for things coming up in your area.
@Gabriel Bozeman and @Sandpoint Steve are continuously add more events in your area.

Overlanding by Region also has trips and destinations along with other news for The Northwest Region.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
Northwest Overland Member Representative

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hi I’m a New Member.
My names Glenn, 45, married with 3 kids. I’m from the Central Coast NSW Australia. Ive been driving Passenger Electric and Diesel Trains for over 15 years.
Have camped/traveled my whole life. Most recent big trip was a 5000 mile outback trip here in Oz 6 months ago with 2 work mates.
In 99 I spent over 6 months back packing doing a full lap of USA then went to UK for all of 2000.
Have always been an Air cooled VW guy traveling in my Kombi (Now sold). But wanting to go further off the beaten track I now have a Nissan Navara NP300 2017 ST 2.3TD. I’m currently getting quotes to upgrade my suspension, bar work and adding other necessities.
Any way that’s enough for now. Pics of me at Uluru 6 months ago, my old Kombi and my current Nissan
View attachment 138570View attachment 138571View attachment 138572
Welcome to the OB community Glen. I like your pictures, especially the VW bus, one of my wants, and since I'm a bit of a train guy I think its awesome that you have been driving trains for 15 years.

Reactions: Kent R and Bucky

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
New member to Overland Bound & excited to be here...especially once I can navigate this site better! ha

I'm located in Charleston SC and don't have much experience overloading past offloading in the mud and getting on some Nasty roads on hunting trips. Love Land Rovers, especially Disco II's and on my third rover. Looking to link up with locals and those around the state, GA, TN, NC to learn what I can!

My 2004 Disco ll with what Ive done so far. Just added a rear ladder and in dash GPS, with plenty left on the to-do list. Would love to hear more from disco owners of do's/dont's and what gear has been worth the time and money to add. Looking forward to it!! --Austin

Looking View attachment 138653View attachment 138651View attachment 138652
Hi Austin, welcome to the OB community. Good looking vehicles.

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB

Newbie here! I recently got a 2002 Sequoia that I'll be spending 2 to 3 months living out of this summer roaming beautiful British Columbia! Looking forward to soaking up some valuable knowledge from you experienced folks!
Welcome to the OB community Neils.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Currently I am your Regional Director @Kent R, don't hesitate to contact me for help or information. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman @Sandpoint Steve @Slimpartywagon

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Looking View attachment 138653View attachment 138651View attachment 138652
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi I’m a New Member.
View attachment 138570View attachment 138571View attachment 138572

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Aussie571

Reactions: Bucky

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all,

Recently joined and looking forward to meeting folks in my area and getting out on the trails.

Take care,
Mike

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Cottonwoody

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello!

I am looking forward to joining this community! I am located in Wyoming and have lived here my whole life. I have a lot of experience in the outdoors, but none in the specific task of "overlanding". I have wheeled a fair amount, and camped/fished/hunted plenty. I have mostly explored the state by motorcycle. My current truck is a 1983 GMC K2500, though I own a couple other 4x4's also. None of them will be the basis of my build, my current plan is to probably acquire a 1973-1979 GMC Jimmy or Suburban and build it out. I have been hording parts for a while with the intent of building a wheeler, I just hadn't settled on it's exact purpose until now. My intent is to build a capable trail rig, outfitted with all the amenities for overlanding comfortably. Hopefully I can convince the wife to come along as well, though she is rather attached to the toy hauler. Thanks.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @HRCruse

Reactions: Gannett Peak Garage

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone. Thanks for having me!

I have: '13 F150 w/ a Tuff Stuff Roof Top Tent
My wife has: '16 4 Runner
We are novice at best, but we are eager to learn and even more eager to get out and explore!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representatives are @Paris0514 @BlueLineOverland @Iwata77 @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi, new guy here from Charleston, SC. Used to live in KY
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you is @NC-Trooper