Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
New member here Marco is my name glad to be part of the Group
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: KA7USA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, Jon from Maine. Novice to overlanding, besides driving some logging and camp roads here and there, but excited to learn. I’m driving a 2010 Tacoma TRD.
I have a datin fab over canvas bed rack coming to mount my ARB RTT. Trucks a stock TRD Off-road until I get my OME lift installed.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all. New here today. My name is Chris from Naples, Florida . New to overlanding but not to camping. I have a 2014 Jeep jk 2dr and homemade camper I just built.

View attachment 138300View attachment 138301
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Salutations from Meridian, Idaho

New to this forum, but not new to overlanding. Spent a bit of time overlanding when I was in the Coast Guard, but it has been several years. Just traded in my 2008 Dodge Ram for a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro and can’t wait to get back out.View attachment 138256

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Kent R for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Slimpartywagon

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Howdy, everyone new here no pictures truck in in the shop getting transmission upgraded and electric problems solved. my rig is a 2007 dodge ram mega cab 2500 4x4 cummins, we are currently located in Texas, overland experience in the U.S not a lot but have been a trucker for 4+ years small confines is my thing, outside of the U.S i would say moderate experience but with the lack of fine camping equipment quite mediocre actually. but glad to be here finally made the jump and full decision to start the build after a year of watching and thinking about it.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 138242

Hi, I’m Steve. I’m from Ohio, but my home will be where my tent is pitched in a couple of weeks. Retired a year ago, sold my house and most of my belongings last November. Bought a 19 4 runner off-road. Spent time camping in Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee so far. Plan to spend a few years traveling all over the country. Heading west once I start. I want to live somewhere in the west if and when I decide to stop traveling.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

bcomnes

Rank I

Contributor III

Ivins, UT, USA
First Name
Bret
Last Name
Comnes
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7ILE
Hi! I ended up buying a 91 FJ80 Land Cruiser this year and am looking into various aspects of overland/4x4 trails.

I started a build thread over on mud:

The overland bound community looks like a great resource as well and happy to be here.

Bluewater Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Goodells, Michigan
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Woolman
Member #

Hello, My name is Dan, i am i guess a beginner to overlanding outside of Michigan, i have been allover my own State Canoeing and ATV and doing weekend trips but now that this Overlanding has blown up i am fully on board. I am now on my second rig our first was a 98 jeep ZJ with a Smittybilt tent and all kinds of diy done to that which My wife and i went all through Mi upper peninsula, as well as PA and up in the Adirondack's, we had a blast exploring with that jeep
IMG_6062.JPG

so after many hours of watching (Lifestyle Overland), (Venture4wd) and many others i made the choice to jump into the Toyota Taco world and i have to say i love this truck, i also went with the 23Zero walkabout and i have nothing bad to say about this tent, it is awesome
IMG_6456.JPG
I have been 2 years all over Michigan and have had a lot of people take pictures of my rig because nobody has seen a rooftop tent before so needless to say Overlanding has not really made its way into Michigan ... Yet, however i do know of KOAR 2020 that i already booked my days off for so check that out if you have time
i am starting to film more and i love to see all the youtube content on Overlanding along with all the beautiful country we have off the pavement,

again i am still a beginner and i am still trying to figure out Gaia as far as how to download other peoples maps so i can get out there and see other States
i hope joining this Overland Bound community will help me answer a lot of questions i have as far as good spots to explore and tech to use
Thanks and excited to be a member

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, My name is Dan, i am i guess a beginner to overlanding outside of Michigan, i have been allover my own State Canoeing and ATV and doing weekend trips but now that this Overlanding has blown up i am fully on board. I am now on my second rig our first was a 98 jeep ZJ with a Smittybilt tent and all kinds of diy done to that which My wife and i went all through Mi upper peninsula, as well as PA and up in the Adirondack's, we had a blast exploring with that jeep
View attachment 138444

so after many hours of watching (Lifestyle Overland), (Venture4wd) and many others i made the choice to jump into the Toyota Taco world and i have to say i love this truck, i also went with the 23Zero walkabout and i have nothing bad to say about this tent, it is awesome
View attachment 138445
I have been 2 years all over Michigan and have had a lot of people take pictures of my rig because nobody has seen a rooftop tent before so needless to say Overlanding has not really made its way into Michigan ... Yet, however i do know of KOAR 2020 that i already booked my days off for so check that out if you have time
i am starting to film more and i love to see all the youtube content on Overlanding along with all the beautiful country we have off the pavement,

again i am still a beginner and i am still trying to figure out Gaia as far as how to download other peoples maps so i can get out there and see other States
i hope joining this Overland Bound community will help me answer a lot of questions i have as far as good spots to explore and tech to use
Thanks and excited to be a member
Hello Dan welcome to the OB community. The two Youtube channels you mentioned are two I like to follow as well. So, I lived In Grand Rapids for nearly 20 years, up until 2003 when I moved to Oregon. I can't place where Goodelle? is. Are you Yupper?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@Claminator welcome Linda and Jim to Overland Bound.

As @Kent R said, I am one of your member representatives.

we have several events on the 2020 calendar so far.

June 15-18 WBDR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Rout) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” travel approximately 1 section a day exploring Washington’s Backcountry in route to the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Preregistration is now open through March 31, 2020. Tickets will be available at the gate for a slightly inflated price. RSVP by May 31st to Campout with fellow Overland Bound Members, family and friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they take us on a journey through their Ranch. Start the weekend off with a potluck dinner and campfire on July 3rd, fallowed by a parade through Dayville on July 4th with 3 more days of adventures. Contact @2RiversRanchExpeditions for more information.

@Gabriel Bozeman is working on monthly events in your area so keep a watch in the Member Meetups for more activities and events popping up close to you.

feel free to contact @Kent R , @Gabriel Bozeman , @Sandpoint Steve or myself @Slimpartywagon if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
Northwest Member Representative

Reactions: Kent R and KA7USA

Julian

Rank 0

Contributor I

Germany
First Name
Julian
Last Name
Pritsch
Hi,
my name is Julian and I am planning a trip to Oregon/Washingto State in September. Flying in from Germany. I am new to overlanding and do not own a rig to show you. Do you have any suggestions to rent an overland vehicle for 3 people in the Seattle/Portland area? Unfortunatly, Wonderland Expedition closed down. Any alternatives?

Lookig forward to hear from you guys.
Cheers

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@ibskibum Welcome Chris, welcome to Overland Bound. I am your closest Northwest Member Representative. @Kent R is our Regional Director. @Sandpoint Steve and @Gabriel Bozeman are also member representatives in our region.

February 29 at 4:00 pm PST Post Falls Rigs and Food

June 15-18 WBDR (Washington Backcountry Discovery Rout) Sections 1-3. Starting at “The Bridge of the Gods” travel approximately 1 section a day exploring Washington’s Backcountry in route to the Northwest Overland Rally.

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. Preregistration is now open through March 31, 2020. Tickets will be available at the gate for a slightly inflated price. RSVP by May 31st to Campout with fellow Overland Bound Members, family and friends.

July 3-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch in Dayville, Oregon. Join @2RiversRanchExpeditions as they take us on a journey through their Ranch. Start the weekend off with a potluck dinner and campfire on July 3rd, fallowed by a parade through Dayville on July 4th with 3 more days of adventures. Contact @2RiversRanchExpeditions for more information.

we have several reoccurring events as well.
First up is the Treasure Valley Conference Call discussing future activities in the treasure valley on February 16th at 7 pm Mountain time. The contact is @ButDad.

Next up is the Inland Northwest Conference Call on the 3rd Sunday of the Month hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Every Third Friday-Bears and Gears contact @David C Gibbs or @reaver for more information

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs and Trails in La Grande Oregon hosted on the 3rd Saturday of each month.

Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup hosted by @PNW EXPLR in Kennewick, Washington

feel free to contact @Kent R , @Gabriel Bozeman , @Sandpoint Steve or myself @Slimpartywagon if you have any questions, concerns, or ideas.

Mike Rose
OB #20990

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello,
Name is Mike and my callsign is KF7QLQ. I am from Tualatin, Oregon about 12 mile South of Portland.
Rig: 2008 FJ Cruiser
Experience: Overland and forest roads

Thanks for the welcome

MH
Welcome to Overland Bound, @Kent R is our Regional Director. @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest member representatives in our region. as Kent said, @Sandpoint Steve and myself are also member reps for our region.

February 29 at 4:00 pm PST Post Falls Rigs and Food

we have several reoccurring events as well.
First up is the Treasure Valley Conference Call discussing future activities in the treasure valley on February 16th at 7 pm Mountain time. The contact is @ButDad.

Next up is the Inland Northwest Conference Call on the 3rd Sunday of the Month hosted by @Sandpoint Steve

Every Third Friday-Bears and Gears contact @David C Gibbs or @reaver for more information

La Grande, Oregon: Monthly Coffee, Rigs and Trails in La Grande Oregon hosted on the 3rd Saturday of each month.

Tri-Cities Reoccurring Monthly Meetup hosted by @PNW EXPLR in Kennewick, Washington

Mike Rose
OB #20990

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Good evening all,

Rig: Bone stock '20 Tacoma TRD Off Road (Dream truck)
Experience: a lot of camping throughout the years. Mostly fire roads for offroad driving experience.

Looking forward to putting the truck through its paces and getting out there to explore this beautiful state.
Welcome from Whidbey Island!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Good evening all,

Rig: Bone stock '20 Tacoma TRD Off Road (Dream truck)
Experience: a lot of camping throughout the years. Mostly fire roads for offroad driving experience.

Looking forward to putting the truck through its paces and getting out there to explore this beautiful state.
Welcome Chris, I already posted my long greeting on your “introductory” post

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hi,
my name is Julian and I am planning a trip to Oregon/Washingto State in September. Flying in from Germany. I am new to overlanding and do not own a rig to show you. Do you have any suggestions to rent an overland vehicle for 3 people in the Seattle/Portland area? Unfortunatly, Wonderland Expedition closed down. Any alternatives?

Cheers
Hello and welcome!

I'm in Washington. Not sure of any overland rigs that you can rent. I'd Google it! ,

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hi,

Cheers
Welcome Julian. @Kent R is the US Northwest Regional Director, @Sandpoint Steve , @Gabriel Bozeman and myself (@Slimpartywagon ) are the region’s Member Representatives.

@Smileyshaun is from the Portland area, he might have some suggestions or know of some places to rent an Expedition Vehicle.

My mother was a second Generation German/American transplant. My great grandparents came a crossed the ocean by boat during the beginning of the “Great War”. I still have family in Berlin and scattered throughout East Germany. If you make it out to the East side of Oregon, I would love to host you and show you genuine Eastern Oregon Hospitality.

Mike Rose
OB #20990
Northwest Overland Bound Member Representative