Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Picture soon
2) Houston TX
3) 2005 Ford Excursion Diesel 4x4
4) beginning

Looking forward to getting back out on the trail!

Semper Fi
Scott
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: KA7USA

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hello Overlanders!
I'm John, the latest boot! Glad to join up and look forward to Overland Bound meet-ups.

2) Midwest City, Oklahoma (suburb SE of Oklahoma City)
3) 2019 Tacoma TRD OR
Old Man Emu lift w/Dakar Leaf pack
A.R.E. DCU Wedge topper on back and wooden coffin rack, drawers and shelf.
(for once, being short paid off! I can lay flat in the 6' bed.) :laughing:
4) Overlanding experience: USMC: Jeeps, HMMWVs, 5-tons, Gama-Goats, shelter halves/GP tents.
Used to go camping and fishing out of my S-10 and Suburban, but it's been a couple decades since
doing any overlanding or camping. Just getting back into it, but I feel like boot!

View attachment 138155View attachment 138156
Hi John! Welcome to OB from Tulsa!

Cooper113

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Roaming
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Drake
AE57890D-A3ED-4C00-A5AF-E5A8E1DC8A20.jpeg

Hi, I’m Steve. I’m from Ohio, but my home will be where my tent is pitched in a couple of weeks. Retired a year ago, sold my house and most of my belongings last November. Bought a 19 4 runner off-road. Spent time camping in Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee so far. Plan to spend a few years traveling all over the country. Heading west once I start. I want to live somewhere in the west if and when I decide to stop traveling.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

View attachment 138242

Hi, I’m Steve. I’m from Ohio, but my home will be where my tent is pitched in a couple of weeks. Retired a year ago, sold my house and most of my belongings last November. Bought a 19 4 runner off-road. Spent time camping in Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee so far. Plan to spend a few years traveling all over the country. Heading west once I start. I want to live somewhere in the west if and when I decide to stop traveling.
Oh, hell yes! Now you're just rubbin' it in, aren't ya??

Just kiddin' man. Sounds like a good time! I'm about as far west as you can get, so when you get out this way, look me up, we'll have a beer together.

Reactions: Kent R and KA7USA

Claminator

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Conner, WA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it! Van is in transit from PA to WA
2) Location (General area is fine) Anacortes, Washington
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.) 2020 GMC Savana 2500 and a Bruder EXP-6
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!) We are novice Overlanders

We are retired and looking forward to adventure, exploring and meeting folks who are doing the same (all age groups of course). That's us in a nutshell . I'll post a picture once the van has made it across the U.S. and then the Bruder when it arrives (or we go to Australia to pick it up!).

Linda

Cooper113

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Roaming
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Drake
Oh, hell yes! Now you're just rubbin' it in, aren't ya??

Just kiddin' man. Sounds like a good time! I'm about as far west as you can get, so when you get out this way, look me up, we'll have a beer together.
When I tell most people my plan they say cool to the first part (Retired at 53). When I tell them the second part, living in a tent for a few years, they say interesting. They always have a look on their face like I must be crazy. Will look you up once I get there.

Claminator

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Conner, WA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

Wlecome Kyle! Let me know if you have any Southern Africa related questions!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Kyle Metzloff
I live in Madison Wisconsin and have a 2003 Jeep Wrangler Sahara that is mostly for fun and my Son mostly drives it.
I mostly overland in South Africa and the surrounding countries. I have a 1994 Land Rover Defender kitted out fairly well for several weeks of overland at a time.
This summer I will be in Botswana for three weeks. I am fairly new to this, but have some good guides over there.
I plan on importing one in the next few years, but leaving the current one named TOTO in South Africa. I would like to go to Alaska and up into Canada mostly when I get my rig over here sorted. I could do a Jeep, but I like the larger cab and heavy duty frame of the Land Rover Defender. Not sure if there any like minded people around me?

Hope to meet some of you!

Get Out GO

Ambassador, Africa

Influencer III

Randburg, South Africa
First Name
Christoff
Last Name
Eilerd
Member #

Welcome Ray!

Hi Everyone,

So I have no experience in overlanding or travel in general but I would like to start. My dream is to build an expedition truck to live in full time and travel the world. I have come here to hopefully gain knowledge on what truck will work for me.

Kind regards,
Ray

Claminator

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Conner, WA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Hello Dave and Michelle and welcome. You have quite the Arsenal at your disposal.
You are located in the Northwest Region @Kent R is the Regional Director, @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Overland Bound Meetups is a great resource for finding activities throughout our region.

The Rally Point is where Meetups are scheduled and events are posted to the calendar and the Maps

Member Maps is another great resource, it not only shows you where members are located, but gives locations to recommended mechanics, events, and lots of other information.

2020 Events of Interest Near You.

June 15-18 June 2020 WABDR - Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. Start at Bridge of the Gods, and travel down the Washington Back Country Discovery Route Sections 1 and 2 on your way to the NWOR (next link below)

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. This is a paid event and discounted preregistration tickets are now on sale until March 31st. RSVP for an Overland Bound Camping Spot at the Rally.

July 3rd-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch located in Dayville, Oregon. This is a free adventure filled with a Potluck dinner on July 3rd at the 2 Rivers Ranch, participate in the Dayville 4th of July Parade, fallowed by 2 more nights of camping and exploring the Dayville area.

Again welcome
Mike Rose
OB #20990
NW Member Rep
Hey Dave and Michelle! We are just up the road from you in La Conner!

Claminator

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

La Conner, WA
First Name
Linda
Last Name
Ryan
Member #

Salutations from Meridian, Idaho

New to this forum, but not new to overlanding. Spent a bit of time overlanding when I was in the Coast Guard, but it has been several years. Just traded in my 2008 Dodge Ram for a 2019 Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro and can’t wait to get back out.View attachment 138256
Which drone are you using? I'm still learning how to use mine. I bought a refurbished DJI Mavic Pro.

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

That was the original pic when finished. The corners have since been rounded off and a large gear box has been mounted on tongue. Caulking painted over as well. Excellent observation though.
Was just teasing you a bit - looks like you did a fine job. Did you do a complete ground-up fab or did you have a donor trailer to work from?

Reactions: Kent R and KA7USA