Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Robert (@4son8ur), welcome from Navina, Oklahoma (NW of Edmond).

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

RTmorenbro

Rank I

Contributor III

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Art
Last Name
R
2) Costa Mesa, California
3) 2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE
4) Newb to Overlanding/4wheeling

Attachments

Big G

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Grants Pass, OR, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Cloud
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7MZB
Hello, We are Dave & Michelle, and are located on Camano Island, WA. We have many years of exploring the back-country and our main vehicle for exploring off road is a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ). We also travel in a Jeep Commander, Mega Cab Ram Dually, Motorhome or Harley depending on the adventure.
Hello Dave and Michelle, welcome. Looks like you have plenty of adventure vehicles to choose from, awesome.

KA7USA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Ganahl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7USA
Hello Overlanders!
I'm John, the latest boot! Glad to join up and look forward to Overland Bound meet-ups.

2) Midwest City, Oklahoma (suburb SE of Oklahoma City)
3) 2019 Tacoma TRD OR
Old Man Emu lift w/Dakar Leaf pack
A.R.E. DCU Wedge topper on back and wooden coffin rack, drawers and shelf.
(for once, being short paid off! I can lay flat in the 6' bed.) :laughing:
4) Overlanding experience: USMC: Jeeps, HMMWVs, 5-tons, Gama-Goats, shelter halves/GP tents.
Used to go camping and fishing out of my S-10 and Suburban, but it's been a couple decades since
doing any overlanding or camping. Just getting back into it, but I feel like boot!

20190604_195246.jpg20190604_191408.jpg

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hello Dave and Michelle, welcome. Looks like you have plenty of adventure vehicles to choose from, awesome.
Big G, Thanks for the welcome!. Fyi having so many choices is not always good... many times we have been on a trip and taken the wrong vehicle somewhere it was never meant to go lol

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello, We are Dave & Michelle, and are located on Camano Island, WA. We have many years of exploring the back-country and our main vehicle for exploring off road is a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee (WJ). We also travel in a Jeep Commander, Mega Cab Ram Dually, Motorhome or Harley depending on the adventure.
Hello Dave and Michelle and welcome. You have quite the Arsenal at your disposal.
You are located in the Northwest Region @Kent R is the Regional Director, @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative.

Overland Bound Meetups is a great resource for finding activities throughout our region.

The Rally Point is where Meetups are scheduled and events are posted to the calendar and the Maps

Member Maps is another great resource, it not only shows you where members are located, but gives locations to recommended mechanics, events, and lots of other information.

2020 Events of Interest Near You.

June 15-18 June 2020 WABDR - Washington Backcountry Discovery Route. Start at Bridge of the Gods, and travel down the Washington Back Country Discovery Route Sections 1 and 2 on your way to the NWOR (next link below)

June 18-21 Northwest Overland Rally in Plain, Washington. This is a paid event and discounted preregistration tickets are now on sale until March 31st. RSVP for an Overland Bound Camping Spot at the Rally.

July 3rd-6 4th of July Weekend at 2 Rivers Ranch located in Dayville, Oregon. This is a free adventure filled with a Potluck dinner on July 3rd at the 2 Rivers Ranch, participate in the Dayville 4th of July Parade, fallowed by 2 more nights of camping and exploring the Dayville area.

Again welcome
Mike Rose
OB #20990
NW Member Rep

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Hello Overlanders!
I'm John, the latest boot! Glad to join up and look forward to Overland Bound meet-ups.

3) 2019 Tacoma TRD OR
4) Overlanding experience: USMC: Jeeps, HMMWVs, 5-tons, Gama-Goats, shelter halves/GP tents.
Used to go camping and fishing out of my S-10 and Suburban, but it's been a couple decades since
doing any overlanding or camping. Just getting back into it, but I feel like boot!

View attachment 138155View attachment 138156
Heya John, welcome to OB! Is that your rig parked near 4son8ur's JT below? Cool to have next door neighbors into it, too. I like your rigging in the bed.
Rig: 2020 Jeep JT Sport
Experience: Have always been into Hiking, Hunting, Fishing but have been out of it for awhile looking to get back into the outdoors....so we shall see.
And welcome to you, too, 4son8ur!

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Hello Overlanders!

3) 2019 Tacoma TRD OR
John, welcome from a fellow new member! Thumbs up on your Ham call, very patriotic. Also big thank you for your service to your country.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Welcome Dave & Michelle! I'm your neighbor (Whidbey Island)! I try to do a monthly meetup/campout every month, and I'm currently planning a campout for later this February just east of y'all! Keep an eye out on the Rally Point page and on the forums.

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.

-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.

-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Welcome Dave & Michelle! I'm your neighbor (Whidbey Island)! I try to do a monthly meetup/campout every month, and I'm currently planning a campout for later this February just east of y'all! Keep an eye out on the Rally Point page and on the forums.

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.

-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.

-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Hello Gabe, is the planned campout going to be in place of the scheduled meetup this Friday?, I will have Michelle signup on the FB page as I am still a holdout on getting an account. Thanks, Dave

KA7USA

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor II

Midwest City, OK, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Ganahl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA7USA
John, welcome from a fellow new member! Thumbs up on your Ham call, very patriotic. Also big thank you for your service to your country.
Hiya Dave & Michelle. Thanks for the welcome. 4son8ur used to live on Camano Island! What a small world.

Heya John, welcome to OB! Is that your rig parked near 4son8ur's JT below? Cool to have next door neighbors into it, too. I like your rigging in the bed.

And welcome to you, too, 4son8ur!

Hiya Martin. Thanks for the welcome. You've got a good eye! Yep, that's my brother's Gladiator!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello,
Name is Mike and my callsign is KF7QLQ. I am from Tualatin, Oregon about 12 mile South of Portland.
Rig: 2008 FJ Cruiser
Experience: Overland and forest roads

Thanks for the welcome

MH
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Currently I am your Regional Director @Kent R, don't hesitate to contact me for help or information. The NW Member Representatives are @Gabriel Bozeman @Sandpoint Steve @Slimpartywagon

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlanders!

3) 2019 Tacoma TRD OR

View attachment 138155View attachment 138156

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: KA7USA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
2) Costa Mesa, California
3) 2006 Land Rover LR3 HSE
4) Newb to Overlanding/4wheeling

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob if you have any questions. For local information about trips and meet-ups contact your SoCal Member Representatives; LA @Barclay, OC @FrankRoams, Inland Empire @Dominic OB0158

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2020 Jeep JT Sport
Experience: Have always been into Hiking, Hunting, Fishing but have been out of it for awhile looking to get back into the outdoors....so we shall see.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Prerunner1982

Reactions: Iwata77 and KA7USA

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

The closest Member Representative to you for local information is @Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
1) Picture soon
2) Houston TX
3) 2005 Ford Excursion Diesel 4x4
4) beginning

Looking forward to getting back out on the trail!

Semper Fi
Scott