Member Introductions *NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF*

• HTML tutorial

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Hey all- 5th Generation Oregonian here, currently in PDX. Spent my life camping in OR, WA and to a lesser extent, BC. Expecting my first child any day now, and I can't wait to introduce her to the beauty of the backwoods! I'm not a car guy, so I'm really looking forward to utilizing this site for advice as I upgrade my stock 2011 Xterra S. Cheers!

raundhaus

Rank III

Advocate II

Hey all- 5th Generation Oregonian here, currently in PDX. Spent my life camping in OR, WA and to a lesser extent, BC. Expecting my first child any day now, and I can't wait to introduce her to the beauty of the backwoods! I'm not a car guy, so I'm really looking forward to utilizing this site for advice as I upgrade my stock 2011 Xterra S. Cheers!
Hey man, happy trails to you and your new family. My wife and I are expecting our second kid in November and I have to say, having a little one for almost 2 years now has been an absolute blast! If you discover some great family friendly back road adventures let me know (or post it in the regional forum or something)! My only advice would be to keep finding ways to let your hobby be a family hobby... Nothing worse than having to choose one over the other.
I grew up 15 min. outside Portland BTW, in the Columbia River Gorge near Crown Point/ Multnomah Falls, etc. I now live in Central Oregon.

Billy "Poserlander" Badly

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

PDX, OR, USA
Member #

Thanks, raundhaus! I'll let you know what I find out there; I'm planning a trip for Summer 2017 up to the Wallowas/Eagle Cap area. I haven't been to that part of the state since I was a kid, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Definitely hoping to instill my love of the outdoors in my daughter. We never had money for big vacations when I was a kid, so camping was a big part of my youth, and I loved it- with luck, my girl will too.

I lived in Bend for 3 years, and I really miss that incredible access to nature.

Reactions: Winterpeg

Blackwell

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler II

Peace River, Alberta
Member #

Finally got around to signing up and ordering my #.

1 - Peace River, Alberta, Canada (yes, we are almost shoveling snow)
2 - 2012 4Runner (most mods built myself)
3 - Wheeling for the last 3 years (mostly steep hills and quad trails in this area - more hours in snow than anything else). I'd say intermediate. Looking to gain more experience in longer trips (2 weeks+).

I'd like to take this time to give a shoutout to (LOL):
@NATEMCD79 @410overland @Cappy410

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Took the 101 Class @ Rausch Creek Off-Road Park
Welcome. I've actually been considering some of the classes held there. What were your thoughts? I have a decent amount of off road experience but I'm not above learning new things or unlearning bad habits.

Reactions: WolfHunter3877

WolfHunter3877

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

New York, New York
Member #

Welcome. I've actually been considering some of the classes held there. What were your thoughts? I have a decent amount of off road experience but I'm not above learning new things or unlearning bad habits.
It was my first time doing any offroading so for me it was a great experience, I learned all about the features on my rig and how to deploy them properly. Kyle, the instructor of the course is a great guy and very knowledgeable! I'd say it's worth checking out, it's a fun outing for sure.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
It was my first time doing any offroading so for me it was a great experience, I learned all about the features on my rig and how to deploy them properly. Kyle, the instructor of the course is a great guy and very knowledgeable! I'd say it's worth checking out, it's a fun outing for sure.
Thank you for your input. RC is only ~1 hour south of me so I'm probably going to go ahead and check it out.

Reactions: WolfHunter3877

OverLandCruiser76

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Venezuela
Member #

Hello everyone! New member here. I'm right now doing a lot oslf research and shopping [emoji2]. I'm down in Venezuela (South America), my rig is right now on a ship on its way here from Japan! I ordered a Land Cruiser 76 SW. My experience o would say is beginer, I have done short trips with an F250 with a roof tent but I'm building the new LC79 to travel down to Argentina next year! So lots of research being done. Any tips or recommendations are welcome!!!

I'll leave you for now with photos of my '83 Land Cruiser FJ40 fully restored.

Last edited:

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Super long time lurker, actually my overlandbound sticker has faded from yellow to white it's been on the back of my truck so long. Anyways thought I'd actually post something. Currently operating out of British Columbia Canada, I use a 09 toyota tacoma 4cyl 5spd 4x4, Truck is lifted 3" locked front and rear on 35s, lots of armour, 4.88 gears, I'm also using a tepui kukenam rtt which is handling the trails and road trips very well... here's a couple pics from my last two trips

Let's get you a new (longer lasting) sticker! Contact us @ info@overlandbound.com and we'll get one out to you!

Reactions: NorthStar96

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
View attachment 6635 Hi folks! I'm new here - my pride and joy is a 2004 Suzuki Jimny (possibly the only one on here). I live in Scotland and due to restrictive laws I haven't managed any overlanding yet, but plan on doing some big trips into Europe and beyond when time and money allows.
Awesome rig! Welcome!

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Hello everyone! New member here. I'm right now doing a lot oslf research and shopping [emoji2]. I'm down in Venezuela (South America), my rig is right now on a ship on its way here from Japan! I ordered a Land Cruiser 76 SW. My experience o would say is beginer, I have done short trips with an F250 with a roof tent but I'm building the new LC79 to travel down to Argentina next year! So lots of research being done. Any tips or recommendations are welcome!!!

I'll leave you for now with photos of my '83 Land Cruiser FJ40 fully restored.

What?! Awesome rig! Welcome to the forums!

Contributor I

Been on here a while but don't get a chance to post to often as most of my PC time is in small snippets whilst at work but it's quiet today and I figured I should probably post up an intro instead of just lurking in the background.

1) Location: Perth, Western Australia
2) Rig: HDJ80 Land Cruiser
3) Overlanding Experience Background : This is a tough one! I certainly wouldn't regard myself as an expert or anything like that but I've had my fair share of travels and adventures, I'd say intermediate.

Obligatory rig shots, old and current.

The old girl.

Few pics of the current rig from recent trips, she's not the prettiest, flashest or newest thing going but she's got some charm about her and she gets the job done, it's very hard holding on to her with all the VDJ 7x series Cruisers getting around down here but the simplicity of the old girl keeps me holding on to her.

NWNavigator

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

End of the Oregon Trail
First Name
Joel
Last Name
La Follette
Member #

Greetings all!
6 gen Oregonian living a short canoe paddle from the end of the Oregon Trail. Business owner (fly shop), caregiver and adventurer. I travel solo due to my brides injuries, but share my adventures to expand her world. I've spent the past few months doing research and bumping around backroads in central Oregon visiting the old family homesteads and photographing the buildings that remain.

I LOVE the philosophy of this site and its members, had to be a part of it. My business is all about helping people get out there and have fun and doing it without an attitude. There are no dumb questions.

Current ride is a 4runner, my third one. Just can't shake them apart.

My goal is to expand my comfort zone and explore more of my state as I wind down my career. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you on the trail.

Travel safe.

Joel

FireTowerCamp.jpg

FireTowerBreakfast.jpg

Last edited:

Lenny

Rank 0

Contributor II

Texas
Hey, new here. I recently bought a WK HEMI and I've started building it up. Added an OME HD lift with some Rubicon take off wheels and tires. Bumper, recover, skids and storage on the way. Went to Ouray this summer and had a great time with it. The QDII performed really well. Live in Texas now, but there is a chance I may be moving to Seattle. I've built up and wheeled two wranglers in the past but looking for a different kind of off road experience and adventure. Anyway, look forward to learning a lot.

Here's my old Wrangler out at Big Bend. Hope to get back out there with the WK this spring.

Air the flatlander

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

Woodbury CT
Member #

FB_IMG_1473797434302.jpg FB_IMG_1473797369051.jpg FB_IMG_1473797389036.jpg

What's up guys, my names Aaron, and along with my wife Jo and our pups, hopefully you will see us around. Those of you who do, feel free to say hi.

1) Location: Woodbury CT
2) Rig: 2005 Rubicon with 5x8 Offroad Trailer
3) Overlanding Experience/background: Moderately experienced. Grew up working in offroad shop here in CT, prior to being able to get in the woods myself, starting one of the first (if not only) collegiate offroad clubs in the Northeast to be voted into and recognized by EC4WDA, region D back in the day. Eventually we shut that down, but continued wheeling.

Recently over the last 3 years, my wife and i have gotten back into things along with our closest friends, rebuilt our 2005 Rubicon, and started a small group which goes by the name Northeast Flatlanders. @northeast_flatlanders on instgram. If you see any of us around, feel free to shoot the sh#t. We're always willing to explore, help out where we can, and if you break down, get stuck or run into a jam, we will always try and help you out.

Last edited: