Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 134183View attachment 134185View attachment 134186View attachment 134187

HI, I'm David and that's my wife Ashlee. We just picked up a 2012 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited with an Ursa Minor camper top installed - 6 weeks ago. I've already slid way down the slippery mod slope on this thing as I always do. We've been overloading for a long time now in far less typical overland rigs, but those 3 VW's you see in the pics took us hundreds of thousands of paved miles and tens of thousands of dirt miles from the top of Pikes Peak and Mt. Evans to the bottom of Death valley to Schaffer trail in Moab Utah to the Arctic Ocean in Deadhorse Alaska to Pismo Beach, Bonneville, Glaciar, Banff, Yosemite, Denali and many others. The Jeep will slow us down quite a bit (not much fun over 65 like the VW's that like to do 90+ all the time), but it adds a layer of comfort and convenience (camper top & organization systems) along with an incredible off-road capability to take us into places the others wouldn't. Having a dedicated overland rig is something we've always wanted, and now it is time! :) I hope to meet lots more cool people and continue to learn new things through the incredible traveling community!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Some local meet-ups you might be interested in;
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado Hills CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.
Gold Country Monthly Meet-up. Auburn CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/gold-country-monthly-meetup/
Elk Grove, CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/overland-bound-elk-grove-ca-meetup.27897/
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/tri-valley-monthly-meet-up-pleasanton-ca.28092/
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-central-california-monthly-meet-up-01-20-2019.21005/

Reactions: Frankecar

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!
My name is Jolene and I’m a new member! This is me, my Shepherd Riely and my new (to me) Jeep Rubicon! This was this last weekend in Mendocino National Forest. I’m excited to be here and ready to get out there and explore!

View attachment 134163

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

I have sent you a Direct Message.

Reactions: Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Everyone!!!

I’m Adam! Based in Portsmouth,UK

Driving a Land Rover 110 TD5 for the daily and a Mercedes Sprinter W903 4x4 2.7CDI that I’m still finishing building!

To be honest, don’t know where to start on experience!
Have had many overland adventures.....most recently in a 10T fire engine named “Squirtle”
Took her from Portsmouth to The Gambia....where we donated it and was put into service!

look forward to chatting and meeting people!!

“Get out, Explore, Enjoy”

Happy Adventures!
Hippo!
A&T Adventures

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, new here, well I signed up a while back but haven't posted.

Steve H in Nashville.
2016 Tacoma, fairly stock for now but starting to plan my build.
Happy to be here, learn and meet up with other members and learn.
Love the outdoors and exploring.
Steve
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey guys! We're not new-new here, but I suppose it would be good to formally introduce ourselves!

1. We're located here in the Bay Area, CA. Wagan Tech is headquartered in Hayward, CA since 1983.
  2. We're building out a 1999 Lexus LX470 (Land Cruiser 100 series). Stay tuned for the full build.
  3. Our families love the outdoors and camping, so overlanding was a natural extension for us. Our first official OB Rally was Shaver Lake. Looking forward to many other adventures with the community! Thanks for your support!
Feel free to ask if you have any questions about us or our products!

Here's our Top9 from 2019 on my personal @AlexAtWagan IG account. Be sure to follow @WaganTech!

View attachment 134111
Welcome to the Overland Bound Forum Alex!
I know you are not new to Overland Bound but here is some helpful information that might help you navigate our community.

A local meet-up that you might be ingested in is organized by @PapaDave you can contact him here on the forum.
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA

Reactions: AlexAtWagan

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Welcome to the Overland Bound Forum Alex!
I know you are not new to Overland Bound but here is some helpful information that might help you navigate our community.

A local meet-up that you might be ingested in is organized by @PapaDave you can contact him here on the forum.
Tri-Valley Livermore CA
US West - Tri-Valley Monthly Meet Up- Pleasanton CA
This Sunday we will be at The Gay Nineties Pizza Co in Pleasanton CA 1-3pm. Last month was a large gathering so get there early! You can find more info under the calendar and Jan 12, 2020

Glad you said hi, and that Grumpy Kent was kind to you :)

Reactions: Kent R

AlexAtWagan

Rank VI
Investor

Off-Road Ranger I

Fremont, CA, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Hsu
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6AVD
This Sunday we will be at The Gay Nineties Pizza Co in Pleasanton CA 1-3pm. Last month was a large gathering so get there early! You can find more info under the calendar and Jan 12, 2020

Glad you said hi, and that Grumpy Kent was kind to you :)
HAH! I'm planning to come out and hang out a bit with the folks. :) See you soon!

Reactions: PapaDave and Kent R

JustADude

Rank 0

Contributor I

Plano, TX, USA
First Name
Darren
Last Name
Bender
Hi all!
2) Location - the suburbs of Dallas, TX
3) Rig - 2016 Chevy Colorado w/ RTT over a diamond back cover, upgraded Icon Dynamics suspension, and ~32" tires. looking to add skids and additional lighting in 2020.
4) Overlanding Experience Background : definitely a novice, especially on the off road side. I am not trying to get super technical off road. The rig is the DD too. I have been camping all my life and really enjoyed back country backpacking. With young kids, backpacking isn't really feasible but I liked the seclusion of it and I wanted to share that with my kids, so that is what has led me down this path... or should I say road now.

Attachments

Brett27

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Cookeville, TN, USA
First Name
Brett
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Hello everyone, I’m new to Overland Bound. I live in middle Tennessee and drive a couple Cherokee XJ’s. Had my first experience with overlanding last year in California with my in-laws. We traveled from Sacramento to Yosemite. We rooftop tent camped in the BLM land for a couple days and I was hooked. Looking to meet people in and around Tennessee to enjoy it with.

Contributor I

Saint Augustine, Fl. 32084
First Name
Ronnie
Last Name
Shierling
Hello All,

42 yo husband and father of 6 here. Love taking the family camping but want to step that game up a notch. I have had dream to start overlanding since I bought this rig back in 2014 roughly. Hard to find parts and I fabricate some of my own. Looking to start small around the area and state, but I want to travel out west to experience that side of the country again.

St. Augustine, Fl
2001 Ford Excursion
Overlanding Experience Background (Novice)

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello All,

42 yo husband and father of 6 here. Love taking the family camping but want to step that game up a notch. I have had dream to start overlanding since I bought this rig back in 2014 roughly. Hard to find parts and I fabricate some of my own. Looking to start small around the area and state, but I want to travel out west to experience that side of the country again.

St. Augustine, Fl
2001 Ford Excursion
Overlanding Experience Background (Novice)

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, I’m new to Overland Bound. I live in middle Tennessee and drive a couple Cherokee XJ’s. Had my first experience with overlanding last year in California with my in-laws. We traveled from Sacramento to Yosemite. We rooftop tent camped in the BLM land for a couple days and I was hooked. Looking to meet people in and around Tennessee to enjoy it with.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

If you come back to Sacramento with your rig and want to hit some trails in the Sierras just message me here on the forum or on our local meet-up page.
Sierra Foothills Overlanders, El Dorado Hills CA
US West - Sierra Foothills Overlanders Monthly OLB meet-up/meeting.

Reactions: Brett27

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all!
2) Location - the suburbs of Dallas, TX
3) Rig - 2016 Chevy Colorado w/ RTT over a diamond back cover, upgraded Icon Dynamics suspension, and ~32" tires. looking to add skids and additional lighting in 2020.
4) Overlanding Experience Background : definitely a novice, especially on the off road side. I am not trying to get super technical off road. The rig is the DD too. I have been camping all my life and really enjoyed back country backpacking. With young kids, backpacking isn't really feasible but I liked the seclusion of it and I wanted to share that with my kids, so that is what has led me down this path... or should I say road now.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 and he can get you the most current information regarding the DFW Meet-up.

RubyCan

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Surprise, AZ, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Todd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NB7EL
Greetings all. I’m Jay and my wife and I live in Surprise, Arizona in the Southwest region. We’re novices at overlanding though not at being outdoors. Avid campers, fly fishermen and general explorers. Slowly working on the build for our Jeep, we’re looking at an iKamper Skycamp RTT for our next purchase.

See you on the trails,

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Darren (@JustADude), welcome from Oklahoma. The Ouachita and Ozark National Forests in SE Oklahoma and Arkansas are common areas for local overlanders to explore. Keep an eye out for an event in that area in the near future.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello James/Jay (@RubyCan ), welcome from Oklahoma.
I see you are a fellow ham. Hopefully you can join us on out weekly Friday night net.
Time : 5:30PM Pacific Standard Time or 17:30 hours Pacific Standard Time
Where : Echolink Node 591550 (USA-GNG) known also as Grits N Gravy, DMR TG 1137550 and Allstar 41130
Anyone can listen only here www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/29437/web
If you are don't have access to an Echolink/DMR/or AllStar repeater don't worry, many of us use the Echolink app anyway.
Also, Quartzfest is coming up the end of the month. Overland Bound at QuartzFest 2020

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a East Valley meet up in Gilbert on the 23rd and occasionally a West Valley meet as well.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Greetings all. I’m Jay and my wife and I live in Surprise, Arizona in the Southwest region. We’re novices at overlanding though not at being outdoors. Avid campers, fly fishermen and general explorers. Slowly working on the build for our Jeep, we’re looking at an iKamper Skycamp RTT for our next purchase.

See you on the trails,

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH

See you on the trails,
I love my iKamper! It’s everything they advertise it to be

2607A517-8D46-4625-BAA9-345BA8E13FB1.jpeg

RubyCan

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Surprise, AZ, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Todd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NB7EL
Thanks for your thoughts. There’s a place in Phoenix where we can rent one so we thought we would give it a try before we make the investment. We still do some moderate rock crawling so there is some concern about the weight.