Enthusiast I

Merced, CA, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
McComb
Member #

Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @TOMB & @Magic Mike.

Two local meet-ups near you.
Visalia/Fresno CA
US West - Visalia Meet up
Central California Monthly Meet-up Ripon/Modesto area;
US West - Central California Monthly Meet Up

I totally understand being done with the rocks.
Thank you, I already RSVP for the Central valley meet up and I will see you in February at the Ham Cram in Modesto.

Reactions: Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Welcome @jolenejensen, where are you from. There is a wealth of knowledge here in the forums. I hope you find this to be a great community like I have.
Some tips

check out the members map for other members in your region.
The Rally Point is a great place to find events and activities in your backyard (could be your front yard too)
The regional directories is a good spot to check out localish news and information for your region.

once you fill in your location on your profile, a regional member rep will give you a rundown on what’s going on in your area as well.

again welcome Jolene

Mike Rose
US PNW Member Rep
Ob20990

Frankecar

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Dixon, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Inglesby
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6FCY
1920x1200 048.jpgIMG_0425.JPGIMG_7450.JPGOiqjjv9GTXmkSxZvs2EwvQ.jpg

HI, I'm David and that's my wife Ashlee. We just picked up a 2012 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited with an Ursa Minor camper top installed - 6 weeks ago. I've already slid way down the slippery mod slope on this thing as I always do. We've been overloading for a long time now in far less typical overland rigs, but those 3 VW's you see in the pics took us hundreds of thousands of paved miles and tens of thousands of dirt miles from the top of Pikes Peak and Mt. Evans to the bottom of Death valley to Schaffer trail in Moab Utah to the Arctic Ocean in Deadhorse Alaska to Pismo Beach, Bonneville, Glaciar, Banff, Yosemite, Denali and many others. The Jeep will slow us down quite a bit (not much fun over 65 like the VW's that like to do 90+ all the time), but it adds a layer of comfort and convenience (camper top & organization systems) along with an incredible off-road capability to take us into places the others wouldn't. Having a dedicated overland rig is something we've always wanted, and now it is time! :) I hope to meet lots more cool people and continue to learn new things through the incredible traveling community!

FrankRoams

Local Expert Southern CA

Member III

Aliso Viejo, CA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6TRD
New member here :-)
My name is Alain and I live in Poway, CA (North County, San Diego)
I own a Toyota 4runner SR5 2007, V6, Toytec 3" lift kit with few additions for camping and off-roading. My rig is an on-going project.
I always liked exploring, camping, hiking, mountain biking, and I am not new to overlanding but now, the goal is to go off the beaten tracks.
Welcome, I am in Orange County CA just a bit north of you.

Contributor III

Bremerton WA
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Singer
Service Branch
USN
Welcome from La Grande, Oregon. @Kent R is our acting Regional Director and @Gabriel Bozeman is your closest Member Representative. I am also a member rep for our region. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Nice looking Ram. What are your overall goals for her?
Biggest goal is to get out and enjoy the PNW, meet new people, build new skills and have fun.

Kentucky Runner

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

First Name
Tom
Last Name
Glass
Member #

Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

When you come west your contacts are; Rocky Mountain Region @cende for Utah and Southwest Region @brien for Arizona. They are our Regional Directors and can help you out if needed.
Thank you ! and much appreciated on the info !

Chris Mayer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Pathfinder III

Eagle Mountain, Utah, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Mayer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB6OVR
Hello, I'm Chris, hailing from Alamo, CA. I've been doing simple dirt road overlanding in the Eastern Sierra's for a bunch of years, but always staying in motels at the end of the day. Last year I decided to go more mobile and purchased a 2005 Ford Excursion Limited (V10-pig) and a Conqueror UEV-490. So while I won't be doing any rock crawling with this getup, it does get around pretty well.

As for experience, absolutely 0 technical and pretty good on dirt roads!

I've already signed up for the local meetup and an upcoming trip. I'm looking forward to meeting fellow members soon!

1578461009047.png 1578460906930.png

Fjelljeger

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Alaska, USA
First Name
Land
Last Name
Hayward
Member #

Hello all! My name is Land. Originally from Montana, US Army took me to Alaska, which has become my home for the past 20 years. New adventures are coming my way and I’ll be moving to the Midwest in spring. The plan is to load up the truck along with my wife and three dogs and drive, so I’ll be looking for advice on gear, places to stay, travel tips, etc. I have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 diesel. Presently working with a local fabricator to weld up a utility/ladder rack that will mount over my topper shell for holding gear and an RTT. Plan is to purchase an iKamper Skycamp 2.0, so input would be appreciated from anyone with experience with these RTTs. Travel hacks, how-to’s, best practices; I’ll take it all! Also looking at 270 awnings, fridge/freezer options, portable/solar power, hot water options, shower options, and portable toilets. My wife is NOT into camping, even car camping, so the fact she’s agreed to drive out is a HUGE milestone! Her version of ”camping” involves hard walls, heat, toilet, and a shower, so I want this experience to be as positive and comfortable as possible for her so hopefully she will want to do it again! Any creature comfort options are appreciated as well!

I look forward to learning and interacting with you all.

Last edited: