First Name
Brian
Last Name
Harriger
Member #

Service Branch
USCG
Joining the fold. :-)

First, let me say how impressed I am with this program. Everything is a class act. From the store experience, to the tracking of my membership order, to the features and content in forums and YouTube. I felt like I should have made an unboxing video of the membership contents!
IMG_1737.jpeg

Now to the business of me:

First up: My lightly used and new-to-me rig, a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V8-Hemi. I will be striking a balance between daily driver and adventure vehicle as I build her out over the next few months. The build will focus on supporting camping (campground and remote), photography, kayaking, and fishing. (And maybe a little hunting if I decide to reincorporate that into my life.)

I have not named her yet, but will most likely choose a fitting name from the list of women explorers found on WikipediA.

IMG_1701.jpeg

I'm a "TexPat" living in Minnesota. Winter adventure is in the cards.

I haven't driven off-pavement in enough years that I consider myself a novice, but hope to blow out the cobwebs and achieve basic competency over the next year.

So... that's a little bit about me.

Looking forward to contributing to the community.
Brian

Iwata77

US Multi Region Local Expert OK,KS, MO, AR, TX
Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi Overland Bound!

My name is Bunni, yes like a rabbit, yes that is my real name. I am located in Oklahoma City, OK. I have always cherished the outdoors and now I getting ready to live a dream with the purchase of a 144 Sprinter that I plan to live out of full time starting in April. I can't imagine more freedom than a different backyard to wake up to every morning.

I am an expert at vehicle dependent travel, when it comes to going straight from point A to point B. But I would like to learn more about vehicles, survival, living off the essentials and going off grid.

Here is my van, Murphy. He's clearly got a long way to go but I can't wait to see how he turns out. If you have any tips or tricks on van life feel free to share :)

Keep exploring

-BB
Hi Bunni!
Welcome from Tulsa

We have an Oklahoma sub-forum for more local chit chat Oklahoma overlanders where ya at?

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Joining the fold. :-)

First, let me say how impressed I am with this program. Everything is a class act. From the store experience, to the tracking of my membership order, to the features and content in forums and YouTube. I felt like I should have made an unboxing video of the membership contents!
View attachment 133648

Now to the business of me:

First up: My lightly used and new-to-me rig, a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk V8-Hemi. I will be striking a balance between daily driver and adventure vehicle as I build her out over the next few months. The build will focus on supporting camping (campground and remote), photography, kayaking, and fishing. (And maybe a little hunting if I decide to reincorporate that into my life.)

I have not named her yet, but will most likely choose a fitting name from the list of women explorers found on WikipediA.

View attachment 133649

I'm a "TexPat" living in Minnesota. Winter adventure is in the cards.

I haven't driven off-pavement in enough years that I consider myself a novice, but hope to blow out the cobwebs and achieve basic competency over the next year.

So... that's a little bit about me.

Looking forward to contributing to the community.
Brian
Welcome to Overland Bound!

I just updated you member on the forum.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W. The closest Member Representative is @

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi fellows!
I'am glad to be a new member of this community. Maybe the first one of my area

I'm from North Portugal
I bought a month ago one 98's Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0TD
My Overlanding Experience is 0 but I'm really interested in prepare my rig to start having some serious Overland Experience.

For now I bought one CB Radio and a new set of tyres (Hankook Dynopro ATm)

I'll leave here my "amature" YouTube Channel for those who wants to check out my recent trips:
You can also find me at instagram 98_gvitara_adventures

Thank you all

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My name is JaRon Williams but friends call me "Jay".
My Rig 2009.. Hummer H3
Rig Name.. Recon1
Local.. Kinston NC
Exp.. Novice Overlander
Interest.. Surf fish. Dirt bikes, Fam and friends
Welcome To Overland Bound

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you is @NC-Trooper

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Overland Bound!

My name is Bunni, yes like a rabbit, yes that is my real name. I am located in Oklahoma City, OK. I have always cherished the outdoors and now I getting ready to live a dream with the purchase of a 144 Sprinter that I plan to live out of full time starting in April. I can't imagine more freedom than a different backyard to wake up to every morning.

I am an expert at vehicle dependent travel, when it comes to going straight from point A to point B. But I would like to learn more about vehicles, survival, living off the essentials and going off grid.

Here is my van, Murphy. He's clearly got a long way to go but I can't wait to see how he turns out. If you have any tips or tricks on van life feel free to share :)

Keep exploring

-BB

Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien. The closest Member Representatives are @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
My introduction...Newbie

Chad freeman
Arlington, wa
Rookie, amateur, novice
2009 Chevy Silverado 2500hd
View attachment 133570View attachment 133571

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Kent R. The closest Member Representative in Oregon is @Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rick
Eastern Nebraska
89 Jeep Wrangler
Mediocre

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all! New member from Colorado here. Driving a 2008 FJ Cruiser. Newish to the overlanding/off-roading community but ready to get into it.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

My introduction...Newbie

Chad freeman
Arlington, wa
Rookie, amateur, novice
2009 Chevy Silverado 2500hd
View attachment 133570View attachment 133571
Welcome Chad!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: Kent R and M Rose

28yearguy

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Minot, ND, USA
First Name
robert
Last Name
compere
Member #

New Members,

Welcome to the Overland Bound community! Please take a few moments to introduce yourself so we can get to know you!

A few things you might want to include in your introduction are:

1) Picture! If you have a rig, we want to see it!
2) Location (General area is fine)
3) Rig (Year, Make, Model, etc.)
4) Overlanding Experience Background (Novice or Experienced, you're welcome here!)

We're glad you've found us and look forward to sharing our adventures with you!

In addition to getting to know you, here are the guideline sent to all Moderators of the forums. It's a natural reflection of our community, and what Overland Bound is all about:

From @administrator
  • Overlanding is: "Vehicle Dependent Travel". Nothing else.
  • We will not further define "overlanding".
  • "Capable" depends on the requirements of the trip, and we take that very seriously.
  • You are an Overlander: Overlanding is for everyone who has exploration and adventure in their heart, or, who need to be reinvigorated by connecting with nature. Nature is unforgiving. You must rise to a certain level of personal awareness to survive. Sound right? Overlanding is for you.
  • Encourage uncomplicated ventures into the great outdoors. Don't over pack.
  • Be prepared, and understand basic requirements. Question folks, to be sure they are aware of what is required. Don't assume.
  • Share without reservation, trip locations, and information.
  • It doesn't matter what you drive: The only requirement of an Overlander is that the vehicle serves the job required, safely.
  • We do not care about make or model.
  • We do not engage in "this is better than that" competitions.
  • We DO give advice about how to make your vehicle ready for what you need. Share knowledge.
  • Humility.
  • We respect, fear, and protect nature.
  • "I don't know" is a great answer.
  • We don’t brag about exploits.
  • We seek answers from the community when we don’t know.
  • We engage in the very smallest of interactions.
[/QUOTE
I'm Rob and new to the forum. Im military, so I move a lot. Currently in ND. No picture yet, cause I'm still building, but I'm on my second 2008 Sequoia SR5, 5.7, 4wd, with factory leather. Gobi rack ordered (had one with first sequoia). ARB bumper coming, with suspension. We sleep in truck, with a RTT for older kids. My main love is long destination trips, and Ive been doing that for many years. In the last 8 years we've gotten into national park trips, further out exploration. Any offloading I do will be mild. We overland about 10K miles annually.

Reactions: Kent R

mnm7104

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Dallas, GA, USA
First Name
Milton
Last Name
Maldonado
Member #

Hello to everyone!
Looking forward making some new friends. I’d like to introduce myself. My name is Milton and I’m based out of Atlanta, Ga. I’m current rig is a 2017 Jeep JKU (looking at adding a JT next year...) I’m a outdoors men at hart and have always loved adventure, traveling, hiking, backpacking, off roading as well as field craft in general. So, any opportunity to get outdoors and do something or go somewhere is taken without a second thought. I’m hoping to get some great suggestions for adventures from the group.

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Gills

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Shreve, OH, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Dobec
Member #

My name is Mike. I'm from Shreve Ohio. I've been wheeling in 4wd's Yota's since I was able to drive legally. Lol.. I'm just getting started into Overlanding. Planning to get 4Runner prepped this winter and spring for a trip into Kentucky, Tennessee, or West Virginia this summer.
16 4Runner/OME lift.

Attachments

Reactions: Iwata77 and Kent R

Thebasecampchef

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Walla Walla, WA, USA
First Name
Andrae
Last Name
Bopp
Member #

Hey gang, let me introduce myself:

I am a chef, restaurateur, whitewater guide, backpacker, adventurer and now an overlander! We will be attending our first Overland Expo, this May in Arizona and can not wait!!
We own a 2019 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
We live in Walla Walla, WA
Lots of Back Country and Whitewater experience, whitewater rescue certified, as well as back country first aid certified. Looking to start a new chapter of Overland adventure, and planning a Baja trip for November 2020.

Attachments

Travkat

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

San Marcos, CA, USA
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Sevilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6KTR
Hello there community.
My name’s Travis and I’m in San Marcos CA (north county San Diego)
New member and new to overlanding. I’m an avid outdoor enthusiast, husband and father with two boys who loves hiking, camping, rock climbing, trail running, huntingfishing, surfing and the ocean. My major passions besides the outdoors are Brazilian Jiu Jitsu where I help coach kids.
Rig so far:
2007 Toyota 4Runner sport 4wd
Currently on a body lift only (bought it this way used a few months ago)
285-70-17 Falken Wildpeaks for the shoes
And a set of max traxx to help out when needed.
slowly building it up with never ending plans for adventuring in it with my family.

Attachments