K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Guys,

Time to introduce myself.

Rig: 2020 Ram 1500 Rebel (w/ EcoDiesel)
Experience: None

Planned Mods (next few months): Diamondback Cover, iKamper RTT, Leveling Kit

Looking for easy/medium trails in proximity to the Bay Area (Tahoe, Eldorado, Sierra, Stanislaus). Also, if you know of any trails for winter/snow camping please let me know. Went to Eldorado National Forest last weekend and all camping spots were closed.

Thanks,

Peter
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

As for the El Dorado NF our local meet-up has an adopted trail just off of Silver Fork Road that has some good dispersed camping on it, It should open up in late April. If you need any info please contact me @Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Loc: St. Louis
Rig: 04 Discovery 2
Moderate Experience (most of Moab as driver/ Spotter Some snow recovery)
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My name is Andrew.

Rig: 2011 Toyota 4Runner
Experience: I've done a fair amount of off-roading however now that I have a family, I think I'll stick to Forest Service roads and not quite as dispersed camping.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative with local knowledge is @NC-Trooper

Reactions: Michael

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

bunnibishop

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Oklahoma City, OK, USA
First Name
Bunni
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

Hi Overland Bound!

My name is Bunni, yes like a rabbit, yes that is my real name. I am located in Oklahoma City, OK. I have always cherished the outdoors and now I getting ready to live a dream with the purchase of a 144 Sprinter that I plan to live out of full time starting in April. I can't imagine more freedom than a different backyard to wake up to every morning.

I am an expert at vehicle dependent travel, when it comes to going straight from point A to point B. But I would like to learn more about vehicles, survival, living off the essentials and going off grid.

Here is my van, Murphy. He's clearly got a long way to go but I can't wait to see how he turns out. If you have any tips or tricks on van life feel free to share :)

Keep exploring

-BB

Attachments

Jaron Williams

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor II

Kinston, NC USA
First Name
Jay
Last Name
Williams
Member #

My name is JaRon Williams but friends call me "Jay".
My Rig 2009.. Hummer H3
Rig Name.. Recon1
Local.. Kinston NC
Exp.. Novice Overlander
Interest.. Surf fish. Dirt bikes, Fam and friends

Attachments

Last edited:

BarryD

Rank 0

Contributor II

Weaver, AL, USA
First Name
Barry
Last Name
Rich
Hello everyone! I'm new here so I figured i would introduce myself.

I live in the Eugene/Springfield area in western Oregon. I moved here from Michigan in January of 2019. Love it out here!

My overlanding experience is pretty minimal. I worked for a timber company here so I spent tons of time driving in the woods and that has taught me a lot about navigation and knowing the limits of a vehicle. My girlfriend and I have spent many days exploring what we can in her 2015 Jeep Renegade including a trip from Seattle to Detroit in summer 2018 and spending 10 days in the Sawtooth mountains of Idaho that same summer. Summer of 2019 we spent a week in North Cascades and explored the surrounding areas. Fall of 2019 we went to the Alvord Desert here in Oregon and I cannot wait to go back.

My current rig is a stock 2004 Ram 2500 with the Hemi V8. I just got it so I'm hoping to work on it this winter to be ready to camp when the rain stops.

Looking forward to learning and exploring more this year!
Welcome to our awesome community! Looking forward to seeing what you do to your rig!

98_GVitara_Adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vizela, Portugal
First Name
Miguel
Last Name
Caldas
Member #

Hi fellows!
I'am glad to be a new member of this community. Maybe the first one of my area

I'm from North Portugal
I bought a month ago one 98's Suzuki Grand Vitara 2.0TD
My Overlanding Experience is 0 but I'm really interested in prepare my rig to start having some serious Overland Experience.

For now I bought one CB Radio and a new set of tyres (Hankook Dynopro ATm)

I'll leave here my "amature" YouTube Channel for those who wants to check out my recent trips:
You can also find me at instagram 98_gvitara_adventures

Thank you all