Mulligan
Member #

Mulli & Jax
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
RSM CA (SOCAL)
Novice: Oregon 3 weeks
Idaho 3 weeks
Local out and abouts
Looking to hook up with a small group to head down to CABO, more interested in the travel down and camping on the beaches; and/or SouthWest Colorado circuit; and/or Oregon Backcountry Rd (couple of routes).

Stckbrgr

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Riverside, CA, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Stockberger
Member #

Looks like a good group of folks to hang out with. I recently sold my Rock Crawler after 25 years smashing and breaking every part in her and now, near retirement looking for more peaceful adventures.
Newbie, but experienced Wheeler and have always loved to camp.
I cook with Dutch Ovens
2017 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon
3" Tereflex Lift
Sears 4' X 5' Trailer converted for Off-Road Travel
Tuff 4X4 Roof Top Tent
Love Death Valley and want to spend a lot of more time there.
Looking for others in So California for Overland Trips
1578010740848.png
1578010769400.png

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
OK so I have been on the forum for a while but never really posted anything and more just read threads for ideas. so here goes.
I'm Canadian eh, central Ontario.
I have been offroading for roughly 15 years and I have had my Jeep for roughly 8. the original plan was to keep it simple and small but things got out of hand and now ...
Dana 44 front and rear w/4.88 gears & E-lockers front and rear. Armored all around with flat fenders, skid plates underneath, 37" tires etc...
69825294_378102769530553_7602153622146646016_n.jpg

Stckbrgr

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Riverside, CA, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Stockberger
Member #

That thing looks great. too bad you had to sell it.... or not i ues i dont know the whole story lol. I am trying not to sell mine because I just had a kid and everyone knows the first thing to go is the rock crawler lol.
Yea, I have Grandkids now and my Daughter doesn't think my CJ was safe. LOL Taking the Grandkids out was more important to me!

Purpony

Rank I

Member I

CT
First Name
Marc
Last Name
C
Member #

Hello All- new member here.
Rig(s): '98 AWD Explorer, '06 4x4 Explorer, '08 4x4 Explorer
New to overlanding itself, but an experienced tent camper. Extremely jealous of the other side of the country and the amazing places they have for exploring!

Here to look around and learn, see others adventures and hopefully plan and execute some of my own!

Last edited:

Trail_pilot

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
New to overlanding itself, but an experienced tent camper. Extremely jealous of the other side of the country and the amazing places they have for exploring!

Here is look around and learn, see others adventures and hopefully plan and execute some of my own!
nothing wrong with tents. I either use a tent or sleep in a hammock. I just need to bring a bigger tent when its not just me.

WitchDrBlue

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Mooresville, NC, USA
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Gower
Member #

Hello all,

I am Nathan, I drive a 2019 Tacoma TRD PRO! I am coming from a 2004 STI. I am a novice at overlanding... I have a CVT RTT and that’s about it. I have been watching YouTube videos about overlanding for 8 months prior to buying my Tacoma, hence why I am here! I am located near Charlotte NC. I am so excited to get out and explore and meet new people. Hello Overlandbound community!!

morganwest95

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Scottsdale, AZ, USA
First Name
Morgan
Last Name
West
Member #

Hey all, I'm Morgan. I only have about a year under my belt of overlanding, but I've been an outdoorsy explorer type for my whole life, so the only new part of this for me is the long hours of driving :). I got unlucky with a total lemon of a used full-size truck earlier this year, so I sold it and decided to go with what I initially wanted to buy (I was trying to be responsible with money, but hey stuff happens), and I got the 2019 Ford Ranger FX-4. I couldn't be happier with it. I've taken it on some crazy adventures already, and it keeps surprising me with its stock capability. I'm looking forward to modifying my rig to be a little more capable and getting deeper into this amazing hobby.

Here's my truck at Chicken Point Overlook on Broken Arrow Trail. I only drug the skid plates like twice... maybe three times.
IMG_4351.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Morgan (@morganwest95), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye our for an East Valley - Phoenix meet up.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all, I'm Morgan. I only have about a year under my belt of overlanding, but I've been an outdoorsy explorer type for my whole life, so the only new part of this for me is the long hours of driving :). I got unlucky with a total lemon of a used full-size truck earlier this year, so I sold it and decided to go with what I initially wanted to buy (I was trying to be responsible with money, but hey stuff happens), and I got the 2019 Ford Ranger FX-4. I couldn't be happier with it. I've taken it on some crazy adventures already, and it keeps surprising me with its stock capability. I'm looking forward to modifying my rig to be a little more capable and getting deeper into this amazing hobby.

Here's my truck at Chicken Point Overlook on Broken Arrow Trail. I only drug the skid plates like twice... maybe three times.
View attachment 133451
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

If you make it up to Expo West in Flagstaff this May come on by the Overland Bound booth and say hi.

Reactions: morganwest95

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all,

I am Nathan, I drive a 2019 Tacoma TRD PRO! I am coming from a 2004 STI. I am a novice at overlanding... I have a CVT RTT and that’s about it. I have been watching YouTube videos about overlanding for 8 months prior to buying my Tacoma, hence why I am here! I am located near Charlotte NC. I am so excited to get out and explore and meet new people. Hello Overlandbound community!!
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you is @NC-Trooper you can message him to get local information.

Here is an upcoming meet-up.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Here to look around and learn, see others adventures and hopefully plan and execute some of my own!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Nomadik Nova

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey I’m Adam, I recently moved to Ohio and bought my 2013 Jeep Wrangler. Brand new to Overlanding and looking forward to meeting new folks in the community

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Looks like a good group of folks to hang out with. I recently sold my Rock Crawler after 25 years smashing and breaking every part in her and now, near retirement looking for more peaceful adventures.
Newbie, but experienced Wheeler and have always loved to camp.
I cook with Dutch Ovens
2017 Jeep JK Unlimited Rubicon
3" Tereflex Lift
Sears 4' X 5' Trailer converted for Off-Road Travel
Tuff 4X4 Roof Top Tent
Love Death Valley and want to spend a lot of more time there.
Looking for others in So California for Overland Trips
View attachment 133403
View attachment 133404

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob for local information about trips and meet-ups. Your SoCal Member Representatives are @Barclay @FrankRoams @Dominic OB0158

I totally understand the transition from Rocks to Overlanding, just a different challenge.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Mulli & Jax
2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
RSM CA (SOCAL)
Novice: Oregon 3 weeks
Idaho 3 weeks
Local out and abouts
Looking to hook up with a small group to head down to CABO, more interested in the travel down and camping on the beaches; and/or SouthWest Colorado circuit; and/or Oregon Backcountry Rd (couple of routes).

Don't hesitate to message your Regional Director @Narbob for local information about trips and meet-ups. Your SoCal Member Representatives are @Barclay @FrankRoams @Dominic OB0158