Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Louis (@Dlg69), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

I would call my self a novice here in the PNW. I am just a simple submariner on fast boats and been doing it for the past 20 years. The rig i had and was almost ready to start modifying was a 2007 Land Rover LR3, however when the exhaust leak started and my wife said there was no more money to put into it and I had to get something else. I have had it for three years 40,000 miles, a new engine, all new air suspension, 20 plus states from Hawaii to Maine to Washington, and to the top of Pikes Peek. She can rest now
View attachment 133286

Now in with the new rig. It is a 2017 Ram Rebel and I love it so far and cant wait to get it out there. It had the 5.7 Hemi, skid plates and the 32 gallon fuel tank.
View attachment 133287
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Interim Regional Director @Kent R for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Gabriel Bozeman

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey ya'll name is Ryan

Crestview, FL
2020 Toyota 4runner TRD pro
Novice in overlanding but I am an experienced camper/backpacker. I've been interested in overlanding for some time now but only recently had the time to really pursue it.
Welcome To Overland Bound

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Joined last week.

Live in Southwestern Ohio.
Love to spend time in Michigan on my dirt bike or "two-tracking"
Just upgraded from a 1990 Isuzu Tropper to a 2003 Lexus GX470
Looking at building an overland trailer to haul dirt bikes as well.

View attachment 133217

View attachment 133219

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
HI all,
New member from Southampton in the UK.
I'm currently driving a VW Amarok and dragging a KTM 250 2 stroke round for fun!
I'd say I'm reasonably new to Overlanding but I have done quite a few multi week trips throughout Europe over the last 10 or so years.
View attachment 133211View attachment 133212

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: mr_woo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello and Happy New Year.

I am an Overland Novice, but am experienced camper. Looking to start building my Overland Experience.
I have two vehicles that I am going to building out:
2012 Jeep Unlimited Sahara
2019 Toyota Tacoma Limited 4x4
Looking forward to learning from you all.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events.
Overland Bound Meetups

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @brien. The closest Member Representative is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, everyone! I'm new here so here's my intro.

I currently live in western Mass but my mind is always out west. I have a 2010 Jeep JKU that I've been slowly modifying myself as time and money permits. Soon I'll be adding a trailer to my kit!

My overlanding experience is varied. I'm a military vet of 22 years and now that I look back on it I did tons of overlanding during that time. My kids and I take off every summer for a different destination and the goal is always to find remoteness and wilderness. My biggest trip to date was a grand tour of the USA in 2016. We covered over 11,000 miles in 32 days in my Jeep hitting the major National Parks and finding our share of wild. We traveled without an itinerary so we were able to go in any direction on any given day to explore. I had gear on my roof, gear on a hitch rack, and gear inside. We looked like gypsies but had an experience that will never be forgotten.

I'm hoping to use Overland Bound as an information resource and maybe even stop travelling solo and join a trip!View attachment 133155

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Nomadik Nova for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

overpakd

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
David
Last Name
Mayo
Member #

Hello, everyone! I'm new here so here's my intro.

I currently live in western Mass but my mind is always out west. I have a 2010 Jeep JKU that I've been slowly modifying myself as time and money permits. Soon I'll be adding a trailer to my kit!

My overlanding experience is varied. I'm a military vet of 22 years and now that I look back on it I did tons of overlanding during that time. My kids and I take off every summer for a different destination and the goal is always to find remoteness and wilderness. My biggest trip to date was a grand tour of the USA in 2016. We covered over 11,000 miles in 32 days in my Jeep hitting the major National Parks and finding our share of wild. We traveled without an itinerary so we were able to go in any direction on any given day to explore. I had gear on my roof, gear on a hitch rack, and gear inside. We looked like gypsies but had an experience that will never be forgotten.

I'm hoping to use Overland Bound as an information resource and maybe even stop travelling solo and join a trip!View attachment 133155
Your USA tour sounds like an epic adventure! I'd love to take the kids on something like this in the future.

Enthusiast I

Berkshire County, MA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Broderick
Your USA tour sounds like an epic adventure! I'd love to take the kids on something like this in the future.
If you have the time do it. You won't regret it. I'm not sure how old your kids are but if they're little I'd wait. My kids were 13, 15, and 17 when we went. They were old enough to endure long days, big enough to be a genuine help, and more importantly able to really appreciate what we were doing and seeing. I saw many families at various parks with cranky, tired, crying young kids and parents doing their best make the most of the trip. Having no itinerary is also a huge plus. Good luck and I hope you make it!

AlexDennany

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Marcola, OR, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Dennany
Member #

Hello everyone! I'm new here so I figured i would introduce myself.

I live in the Eugene/Springfield area in western Oregon. I moved here from Michigan in January of 2019. Love it out here!

My overlanding experience is pretty minimal. I worked for a timber company here so I spent tons of time driving in the woods and that has taught me a lot about navigation and knowing the limits of a vehicle. My girlfriend and I have spent many days exploring what we can in her 2015 Jeep Renegade including a trip from Seattle to Detroit in summer 2018 and spending 10 days in the Sawtooth mountains of Idaho that same summer. Summer of 2019 we spent a week in North Cascades and explored the surrounding areas. Fall of 2019 we went to the Alvord Desert here in Oregon and I cannot wait to go back.

My current rig is a stock 2004 Ram 2500 with the Hemi V8. I just got it so I'm hoping to work on it this winter to be ready to camp when the rain stops.

Looking forward to learning and exploring more this year!

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hello everyone,

I would call my self a novice here in the PNW. I am just a simple submariner on fast boats and been doing it for the past 20 years. The rig i had and was almost ready to start modifying was a 2007 Land Rover LR3, however when the exhaust leak started and my wife said there was no more money to put into it and I had to get something else. I have had it for three years 40,000 miles, a new engine, all new air suspension, 20 plus states from Hawaii to Maine to Washington, and to the top of Pikes Peek. She can rest now
View attachment 133286

Now in with the new rig. It is a 2017 Ram Rebel and I love it so far and cant wait to get it out there. It had the 5.7 Hemi, skid plates and the 32 gallon fuel tank.
View attachment 133287
Welcome from Whidbey Island!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

We have a meetup (usually in the North Cascades area) that occurs monthly on the first Friday. We usually camp and explore the area. You are more than welcome to join us next time! Sadly, there will not be one this weekend due to some out of my control issues.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

I live in the Eugene/Springfield area in western Oregon. I moved here from Michigan in January of 2019. Love it out here!

My overlanding experience is pretty minimal. I worked for a timber company here so I spent tons of time driving in the woods and that has taught me a lot about navigation and knowing the limits of a vehicle. My girlfriend and I have spent many days exploring what we can in her 2015 Jeep Renegade including a trip from Seattle to Detroit in summer 2018 and spending 10 days in the Sawtooth mountains of Idaho that same summer. Summer of 2019 we spent a week in North Cascades and explored the surrounding areas. Fall of 2019 we went to the Alvord Desert here in Oregon and I cannot wait to go back.

My current rig is a stock 2004 Ram 2500 with the Hemi V8. I just got it so I'm hoping to work on it this winter to be ready to camp when the rain stops.

Welcome from up North!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Welcom

welcome to Oregon and Overlland Bound. You are in the Northwest Region, @Kent R is our acting Regional Director. your @Gabriel Bozeman @Sandpoint Steve and @Slimpartywagon are Pacific North West Regional Representatives. Check out the Rally Point and calendar for events and meetups close to you.

Last edited:

prcjeep

Rank I

Member I

Rockport, TX, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
C
Member #

Rig 06 Xterra - This Rig is new to me, always had Jeep XJ's previously. Looking to build this one up for a RTW trip. This Xterra has already been to 17 countries with no modifications, i think it knows the way...
Love "overlanding", whatever your definition is is fine by me, load up and drive off until you run out of vacation days.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig 06 Xterra - This Rig is new to me, always had Jeep XJ's previously. Looking to build this one up for a RTW trip. This Xterra has already been to 17 countries with no modifications, i think it knows the way...
Love "overlanding", whatever your definition is is fine by me, load up and drive off until you run out of vacation days.

You are in the Southwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Brien . The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 .

Reactions: Prerunner1982

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello prcjeep, welcome from Oklahoma. I thought that user name looked familiar. Welcome to OB!

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Kent R. The closest Member Representative in Oregon is @Gabriel Bozeman

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Joined last week.

Live in Southwestern Ohio.
Love to spend time in Michigan on my dirt bike or "two-tracking"
Just upgraded from a 1990 Isuzu Tropper to a 2003 Lexus GX470
Looking at building an overland trailer to haul dirt bikes as well.

View attachment 133217

View attachment 133219

Hey there - welcome.

I've spent a ton o' time in and around the 513 and still get through there on a regular basis going to and from the coast of Maine and Texas borderlands and beyond.

I've owned a couple vintage 1/4 ton military trailers and now have a kick-ass 1ton severe-duty trailer made by a military trailer mfg. You can see my trailer and adventures around North America best at @roaddude

If I can be of help in any way, finding your way 'round in here, with trailer info, or sharing a pint somewhere when I roll through the Queen City, let me know.

~ Road