Traveler III

Atlanta, GA, USA
First Name
Sam
Last Name
W.
Member #

Hi all!

Sam here. I'm a college senior looking forward to taking advantage of long weekends this semester for some adventures in the Southeast Region. But the main reason I'm joining the OB Community is to get tips, tricks, and planning advice for a ~2 month long cross country graduation trip next summer.

Rig: 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sport w/ RTT
Experience: YouTube! also lots of car camping, road trips, hiking, and some backpacking. New to off-road driving, just looking for the next step beyond a maintained dirt road.

Adamw1212

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Columbus Ohio
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wohn
Member #

Hey all!
New member here as my girlfriend got me my membership for Christmas. This is all new to me but I’m so excited to meet up and learn new things. I first caught the overland bug shortly after i got my 2016 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. I was on YouTube watching people hard core wheeling when i came across an overland bound video. Growing up in a family that loves the outdoors and camping seeing this gave me the bug to want to build up the Jeep for camping and exploration. I can’t wait to see where this adventure takes me

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey all!
New member here as my girlfriend got me my membership for Christmas. This is all new to me but I’m so excited to meet up and learn new things. I first caught the overland bug shortly after i got my 2016 Jeep Wrangler unlimited. I was on YouTube watching people hard core wheeling when i came across an overland bound video. Growing up in a family that loves the outdoors and camping seeing this gave me the bug to want to build up the Jeep for camping and exploration. I can’t wait to see where this adventure takes me
Welcome to Overland Bound and Merry Christmas!

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey there, I just got my membership as a gift from my son(already a member) looks like it’s a great group of people!!!!! I’ll try and post to keep in touch with meet ups
Welcome to Overland Bound & Merry Christmas!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @TOMB

There is a meet-up in the works that will be in Visalia or Fresno soon. Contact Inthewoods for more information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi all!

Sam here. I'm a college senior looking forward to taking advantage of long weekends this semester for some adventures in the Southeast Region. But the main reason I'm joining the OB Community is to get tips, tricks, and planning advice for a ~2 month long cross country graduation trip next summer.

Rig: 2014 Wrangler Unlimited Sport w/ RTT
Experience: YouTube! also lots of car camping, road trips, hiking, and some backpacking. New to off-road driving, just looking for the next step beyond a maintained dirt road.
Welcome To Overland Bound & Merry Christmas!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: SpryWanderer

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Merry Christmas everyone! My name is Marty and I live in Yachats, OR (lucky me!). My Brother & Sister in law gifted me a membership (which I'm trying to figure out how to activate) to OB for Christmas. I drive a 2019 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4 (my second Frontier... love 'em...) and am relatively new to "Overlanding", although I'm a regular hiker & have been camping since I was young, but life has kept me from camping for far too long. Getting older, and time won't stand still, so it's (beyond) time to get back to the "garden".

4FB338C6-4B19-43F5-B335-0853450BB75A.jpeg

I'm looking forward to using my new membership (as soon as I figure out how), meeting new folks & exploring more of this amazing Oregon and PNW countryside. Thanks for having me!

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Welcome @Munga Brown, @Kent R , @Corrie , @Michael can some one help Munga Brown OB#21803 get his membership activated please.
Marty, @Kent R is our acting Regional Director, @Gabriel Bozeman, @Sandpoint Steve , and myself are your Regional Member Representatives for the US Northwest Region. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, concerns, or comments.

Merry Christmas and welcome once again.

Munga Brown

US Northwest Region Member Rep Oregon
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central OR Coast
First Name
Martin
Last Name
S.
Member #

Welcome @Munga Brown, @Kent R , @Corrie , @Michael can some one help Munga Brown OB#21803 get his membership activated please.
Marty, @Kent R is our acting Regional Director, @Gabriel Bozeman, @Sandpoint Steve , and myself are your Regional Member Representatives for the US Northwest Region. Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions, concerns, or comments.

Merry Christmas and welcome once again.
Thanks, Slim! Appreciate the welcome & activation assistance!

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Wilsonians

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Chandler, AZ, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Merry Christmas! Became a member yesterday! I have been interested in outdoor activities for awhile. I was a Boy Scout, made it all the way to Eagle, and was outdoors a ton up through High School. College and my 20s made me a little less interested in camping at all until I saw an advertisement for a State and they had a Kayak in the video. Something in me went "Hmmmm I should try that". I tend to go full tilt towards things that I'm interested in, and Kayaking was no different. I went from renting Kayaks on the weekend, to owning one, then two, then upgraded the one, then changed my mind about that one.....on and on. Ultimately I landed on mostly lake Kayaking with Hammock Camping. As part of the Kayaking, the rig was being upgraded so I could carry more and more kayaks. I landed on the 2015, Tank Green, Jeep Wrangler JKU that I have now. I started to tinker with the Jeep making some small mods here and there. As I became a little more interested in Family Camping, I went on a fateful kayak trip in which I torn my rotator cuff. That has pretty much put the Kayaking to the sideline, for now, and made me concentrate more on the family/vehicle camping. After a lot of upgrading to the Jeep, I bought a Livin Lite 6.0 folding trailer that fit the 3 members of my family. I upgraded the small tires on the trailer considerably and made the trailer more off road worthy. I went to my first Overland West this past summer in preparation for a grand summer adventure. We did a 5,000 mile trip this summer from Arizona to Yellowstone, to Illinois, then back home. Spent almost a month on the road. As my Daughter gets older, I looked at what I could do as she gets taller and maybe wants more privacy. Being an avid fan of Venture4WD, I started looking for used Ursa Minor tops. I recently bought a used one taking 13 hours of travel time round trip to get it in Albuquerque. I soon found out that the Ursa Minor was the Prototype and was #001! Just recently painted it back to it's original color. Looking forward to what the future holds.

Jeeps name is Sarge. When I was picking a color from the dealership, my young daughter at the time said "Daddy, that one looks like Sarge from Cars". Done

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Merry Christmas! Became a member yesterday! I have been interested in outdoor activities for awhile. I was a Boy Scout, made it all the way to Eagle, and was outdoors a ton up through High School. College and my 20s made me a little less interested in camping at all until I saw an advertisement for a State and they had a Kayak in the video. Something in me went "Hmmmm I should try that". I tend to go full tilt towards things that I'm interested in, and Kayaking was no different. I went from renting Kayaks on the weekend, to owning one, then two, then upgraded the one, then changed my mind about that one.....on and on. Ultimately I landed on mostly lake Kayaking with Hammock Camping. As part of the Kayaking, the rig was being upgraded so I could carry more and more kayaks. I landed on the 2015, Tank Green, Jeep Wrangler JKU that I have now. I started to tinker with the Jeep making some small mods here and there. As I became a little more interested in Family Camping, I went on a fateful kayak trip in which I torn my rotator cuff. That has pretty much put the Kayaking to the sideline, for now, and made me concentrate more on the family/vehicle camping. After a lot of upgrading to the Jeep, I bought a Livin Lite 6.0 folding trailer that fit the 3 members of my family. I upgraded the small tires on the trailer considerably and made the trailer more off road worthy. I went to my first Overland West this past summer in preparation for a grand summer adventure. We did a 5,000 mile trip this summer from Arizona to Yellowstone, to Illinois, then back home. Spent almost a month on the road. As my Daughter gets older, I looked at what I could do as she gets taller and maybe wants more privacy. Being an avid fan of Venture4WD, I started looking for used Ursa Minor tops. I recently bought a used one taking 13 hours of travel time round trip to get it in Albuquerque. I soon found out that the Ursa Minor was the Prototype and was #001! Just recently painted it back to it's original color. Looking forward to what the future holds.

Jeeps name is Sarge. When I was picking a color from the dealership, my young daughter at the time said "Daddy, that one looks like Sarge from Cars". Done
Welcome, that is an amazing story. I look Forward to reading more.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign