Launch Member

Contributor I

Arizona, USA
First Name
michelle
Last Name
anderson
Member #

I didn't know what overlanding was until I saw a video on YouTube. That's when I realized I was an overlander... At least in my heart. I moved to Arizona in 2015. I didn't own a vehicle ( long story for another time). I bought a Honda Fit because I needed some form of transportation, but was soon disappointed with that purchase when I discovered all the dirt roads! I had no idea how awesome Arizona was until I moved here. I'm originally from the east coast urban jungle. I literally had no idea what the nation had to offer in the way of middle of nowhere places! I began overlanding before I even heard of it. In my little Honda Fit. On the dirt and the rocks. With white knuckles. LOL. I even put a rooftop tent on that little car. I recently moved the tent to a 4Runner! Now I want to learn all the things!

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Michelle, welcome from Oklahoma. If you might have any interest in adding ham radio to your rig there is an event in January called Quartzfest which is a week long event out in the desert (Quartzsite, AZ).
They have the last couple of years also had a "jeep" tour.
Overland Bound at QuartzFest 2020

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Not sure where in AZ you are but there are a couple of monthly meetups around Phoenix and Tucson.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I didn't know what overlanding was until I saw a video on YouTube. That's when I realized I was an overlander... At least in my heart. I moved to Arizona in 2015. I didn't own a vehicle ( long story for another time). I bought a Honda Fit because I needed some form of transportation, but was soon disappointed with that purchase when I discovered all the dirt roads! I had no idea how awesome Arizona was until I moved here. I'm originally from the east coast urban jungle. I literally had no idea what the nation had to offer in the way of middle of nowhere places! I began overlanding before I even heard of it. In my little Honda Fit. On the dirt and the rocks. With white knuckles. LOL. I even put a rooftop tent on that little car. I recently moved the tent to a 4Runner! Now I want to learn all the things!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

There is lots happening in AZ so don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey my name is Vegas (name change pending so my real name is Brendan Ferrell) I am from Hot Springs Arkansas. I drive, what some people would laught at, a 2wd 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee. I grew up in Vegas with my family driving trophy trucks and buggies. Slowly building my rig but on the debate of picking up another 4x4 Expedition. (Had a 2000 XLT that was a monster running 40s).
Welcome To Overland Bound

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you is @BlueLineOverland

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello
My name is Irek

Vehicle: 2007 Land Rover Discovery 3 2.7
Experience: Exploring Scotland and sometimes the rest of the UK

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! im Max, im from the east San Fransisco bay area. i have a 1987 Suzuki Samurai ive lightly modified. im still pretty new to over landing but have done a little off roading

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey, just joined and am hoping to get started in the overlanding community. I have a background of off road atv riding and rock crawling with a purpose built Jeep.That was years ago and now our family of 5 have a more family friendly ride.

We live in S. Central Kansas (pretty boring) and are open to weekend type to 3ish day trips. The truck is full-size so I’ll have to find some more open trails though. I have a background of ground and hammock camping and am looking to expand to include some adventure trails also! I’m looking at Ouachita NF, Ozark NF and about anywhere in Colorado as our main destinations. I appreciate any and all advice I can gain!

2016 F150 4x4

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Iwata77

Reactions: Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone, my name is Mike, I'm from eastern Iowa. Just recently purchased an 86' Jeep Grand Wagoneer and I'm looking to do a little bit of easy going overlanding before she starts the restoration process! I have a few trips under my belt, but nothing with the Wagoneer yet, so we'll see where she takes me.

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Very nice rig.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Big Jim, well I was bigger before I lost weight! lol
I've been off roading about 50 years now! Got my start when a family friend took us camping in his Bronco and I've been hooked ever since!
Currently have a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 with service body to hold all my junk. Hockey puck 2 inch lift on front and extra springs on rear so I can run 35 inch tires all around while running stock suspension. Locker in the rear axle and winch up front.
Ham call sign: kd6fho. Have both a 2m/440 radio and HF radio.
Very experienced in off road and overland travels but just when I think I'm pretty smart someone shows me something new! I love that part!!
Looking for another camper so I can hit the trails again!
My new home is in Aberdeen Washington, gateway to the Olympics. Very different than the South Western states where I did most of my off roading.
Happy Trails!

Don't hesitate to contact your interim Regional Director @Kent R for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Gabriel Bozeman

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Excited to join the board. Current rig is a 2000 Land Rover Discovery 2. Done plenty of desert and mountain wheeling in her, and finally decided to make the leap and mount an RTT on her for some overlanding fun. Looking forward to learning a ton from the community.
Studying for HAM License, GMRS License: WRDQ223. You can call me Don.

Thanks!

View attachment 131559

View attachment 131662View attachment 131663View attachment 131666

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Reactions: RoverLander

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey! The name is Dalton. Im from Hot Springs, Arkansas. I drive a 2001 Montero Sport 4wd. Slowly building my rig. Ive always done a lot of offroading and a bunch of camping but not much of the two at the same time. I plan to change that and get out in the world more

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The closest Member Representative to you is @BlueLineOverland

SeasickSailor

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Ca Central Coast
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Humiston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JLC
Good day. Name is Randy and my rig’s name is Natasha. She is a 2019 Ram Power Wagon. Hail from the Monterey Bay area in California. I have a number of years experience overlanding, mostly with a 2014 Ram 1500. I’m here with the intent to learn and help when possible. My first project is going to be building a bedslide for Natasha. Thanks in advance for all the help. 696B5D31-6FE8-450F-8EA6-C0AD21459E75.jpeg

DrivenByWires

Rank 0

Contributor I

Poland
First Name
Stefan
Last Name
Batory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DrivenByWires
Hi Overlanders !
I'm Raf, working as Marine Engineer for 25 years.
Doughter 25y, grandson 2y, lovely wife, two sausage dogs (Fidel and Cera).
Been driving Jeep WK hemi, now gave it to my kids, rig was to big for me, they need lots of room.
Got myself little 4x4 which in some places is more capable than heavy Jeep was.
Enjoying small trips to the woods with my dogs, just to be out there, feel the nature.
Grand Vitara 2.5 v6 2004. Frame, low gear gearbox,automatic, lifted 3",winch, MT 235/70r16, snorkel.
Will post some pics later on, See you there on the tracks!
Best regadrs,
Raf

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi Overlanders !
I'm Raf, working as Marine Engineer for 25 years.
Doughter 25y, grandson 2y, lovely wife, two sausage dogs (Fidel and Cera).
Been driving Jeep WK hemi, now gave it to my kids, rig was to big for me, they need lots of room.
Got myself little 4x4 which in some places is more capable than heavy Jeep was.
Enjoying small trips to the woods with my dogs, just to be out there, feel the nature.
Grand Vitara 2.5 v6 2004. Frame, low gear gearbox,automatic, lifted 3",winch, MT 235/70r16, snorkel.
Will post some pics later on, See you there on the tracks!
Best regadrs,
Raf

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, name is Wilson. Had a 97 4Runner then upgraded to 2018. Moved to Florida from Vegas two years ago. Joined up to learn more, just waiting on the ole badge number. :grinning: Like to venture out and around. Slowly building the rig up for camping.
View attachment 131890View attachment 131891

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Good day. Name is Randy and my rig’s name is Natasha. She is a 2019 Ram Power Wagon. Hail from the Monterey Bay area in California. I have a number of years experience overlanding, mostly with a 2014 Ram 1500. I’m here with the intent to learn and help when possible. My first project is going to be building a bedslide for Natasha. Thanks in advance for all the help. View attachment 131847

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Granite Ridge Overland

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Mount Airy, NC, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
L
Member #

Just joined up and look forward to this adventure! We are from the foothills of NC, better known as "Mayberry"! Our rig is a 2000 Nissan Xterra 1st Gen that we have been outfitting for a couple years and a slow process. We love taking trips, camping and enjoying the outdoors!

Attachments