Rank I

Contributor III

West Alexander, PA, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Baker
Hello from South Western PA.
Been tent camping for many years but relatively new to overlanding.
My rig is a 2016 Jeep Willys Wheeler slightly modified but not anywhere near where I want it.
My two kids are a bit older now and just about out of the house so my wife and I are looking to do a little more exploring and getting back to nature.

Attachments

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

Hello from South Western PA.
Been tent camping for many years but relatively new to overlanding.
My rig is a 2016 Jeep Willys Wheeler slightly modified but not anywhere near where I want it.
My two kids are a bit older now and just about out of the house so my wife and I are looking to do a little more exploring and getting back to nature.
Richard, Welcome to Overland Bound.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
San Diego, California
2017 Toyota Tacoma - Some mods:
REDARC dual battery system, deep cycle for 12v refrigeration, etc. AIrLift air bags, LED lighting (interior), ARE shell, BFG ATA tires
We go to Baja Mexico a few times a year - nothing very crazy, a lot of highway miles. Looking to get more time in the dirt.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.

Overland Bound Meetups

There is a meet up in the San Diego area that you might want to check out.
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reoccurring-san-diego-overland-bound-monthly-meet-03-22-2018.13317/

This is San Diego Overland Bound Trail Run page.
US West - San Diego Overland Bound Trail Runs

If you have any questions message your Member Representative @FrankRoams or me, your Regional Director,on the forum at @Narbob

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hi All! I'm Erik and I live in San Jose, I'm new to the group and the area. I drive a JKU and I've been up in the Seattle area for the last 10 years. I've been out several times, but I'd still consider my experience novice. Its my daily and I'm just looking to enjoy some light to medium off-roading that gets me to better places than your average Subaru can't make it. I'm excited to be a part of the group and get a little dirt on the tires.
Nice looking rig, and welcome to Overland Bound. As @Kent R stated I am your U.S. West member representative and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, here on the forums. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if need be.

Make sure to browse the new member threads for some good information, which will assist you in navigating the Overland Bound website. Also check out Rally Points and the calendar for local meetups, training and trips.

You have several monthly meetups within driving distance of San Jose; San Francisco meetup, the Dublin meetup, Central Cal meetup. Check Rally Points or the calendar for dates & times.

Look forward to seeing you out on the trail, or at a meetup.

Reactions: Kent R

valthechef

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ireland
First Name
val
Last Name
lynam
Member #

Nice looking rig, and welcome to Overland Bound. As @Kent R stated I am your U.S. West member representative and if you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact me @Magic Mike, here on the forums. You can also contact our Regional Director @Narbob if need be.

Make sure to browse the new member threads for some good information, which will assist you in navigating the Overland Bound website. Also check out Rally Points and the calendar for local meetups, training and trips.

You have several monthly meetups within driving distance of San Jose; San Francisco meetup, the Dublin meetup, Central Cal meetup. Check Rally Points or the calendar for dates & times.

Look forward to seeing you out on the trail, or at a meetup.
Thank you, I will see everyone next year at overland East! See you then!

Droff85

Rank 0

Contributor I

Mississippi
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Gafford
Just joined last night and I have to say this place is full of awesome builds and plenty of useful information. I have a 2014 F150 ecoboost crewcab with a leer camper shell. I currently don’t have any pictures of it. I am from north mississippi. Hope to gain a lot of useful information here and share my knowledge as well.

PyroTek_98_23

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Coover
Member #

Hello Everyone, My name is Robert, the lady said we should Join up here to learn more about overlanding, so here we are. Her name is Wendy. We own a 2006 Ford F250 4x4, leveled, Airbags, 35"s, Bulletproofed, Powermax Turbo, Custom Tuning, S&B Intake, Straight Piped. And her 2007 Toyota 4Runner 4x4, fairly stock, but ready to be built. Montana is where we call home, but are currently in Southern California, Corona/Riverside area. We aren't new to offroading, or outdoors(camping, fishing, hunting), but are fairly new to overlanding and recovery. Hope to learn alot here.

BedfordCanyon.jpg
Yellow one is mine, this is up Bedford Canyon Rd, in Cleveland NF.

58003896_281028436170327_2212981431112564736_n.jpg
Her 4Runner, also on Bedford Canyon Rd.

Stetgrrl

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Melodie
Last Name
Hilton
Member #

Hello. I am very brand new to this forum and overlanding. So beginning basic. I am looking to connect with individuals who can provide camaraderie and guidance as I dip my toe in these waters. I also work with a Chef and we have a blog/YouTube channel on off road cooking. I want to up my game on video, photography, adventure and eating right on the trail.

Current Vehicle: 1999 Sportsmobile 2wd
Experience: Newbie

Attachments

overpakd

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
David
Last Name
Mayo
Member #

Hello. I am very brand new to this forum and overlanding. So beginning basic. I am looking to connect with individuals who can provide camaraderie and guidance as I dip my toe in these waters. I also work with a Chef and we have a blog/YouTube channel on off road cooking. I want to up my game on video, photography, adventure and eating right on the trail.

Current Vehicle: 1999 Sportsmobile 2wd
Experience: Newbie
Sweet van! What is your YouTube channel? I'm a terrible camp cook, but I love to see new ideas.

Stetgrrl

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Napa, CA, USA
First Name
Melodie
Last Name
Hilton
Member #

Sweet van! What is your YouTube channel? I'm a terrible camp cook, but I love to see new ideas.
Thank you! She's been a fun ride -- so far mostly highway. The YouTube channel is YouTube.com/OffRoadChef. Let us know if you are looking for something in particular. We are very open to feedback.

Last edited:

Enthusiast I

Colorado Springs, CO, USA
First Name
Jacques
Last Name
LeMond
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KU0U
I am new to the site ... This is my first post so I am trying to get a feel for this site... Am looking forward to playing in the dirt and learning more!

I have two vehicles which are both road worthy-but I want to learn about the possibilities for mods as I expand my personal skillset and my desire for tougher terrain and challenge grows.

1996 Bronco 351w/turbocharged
2007 F150 4x4 forged 5.4 turbocharged

I live in Colorado Springs, and would love to go on the December 21st meet and greet locally.

dougruss3

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Livingston County, New York, United States
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Russell
Member #

Hello all. My name is Doug Russell. I have been trolling OB for a few months now but have decided to finally introduce myself. I am from the Western New York area. I really love anything outdoor related but am very noob in the overlanding scene...lol. I love camping, hiking, geocaching, etc. My current ride is a 2005 Subaru Forester x that i am going to start modding for overlanding. We are also in the process of getting a mint 2006 Jeep liberty for the wife that might also see some mods...lol. I actually found this site by accident by watching some youtube videos on modding Subarus for offroading and since then have come to love this place. Well...that just about sums up my intro. Hope to be able to meet some of you other members in the future.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hello! I'm Melinda. My husband and I drive a 2002 F250. We've lived in western WA for 4+ years but are both PA natives. Head out on weekends for adventure, and usually take longer trips (2-3 weeks) once or twice a year. He retires from the navy in two years, then its on. Full time truck living for a year or two, just us and the dog. I'd say we are moderate overlanders at this point. Been meaning to join OB for a long time, glad I finally got around to it! Oh we also have a '96 Bronco we're working on as a tag along vehicle for even more fun.
Welcome to the trails, eastern oregon here, prior Army, I drive a 1989 Fullsize Bronco. 4th of July weekend we are having a mete up in Dayville Oregon for a parade fallowed by trail riding and explorering 2 Riverers Ranch. For more details check out the Rally Point North Western United States section, or send @2riversranch a private message.

Reactions: MeliMK and Kent R

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I am new to the site ... This is my first post so I am trying to get a feel for this site... Am looking forward to playing in the dirt and learning more!

I have two vehicles which are both road worthy-but I want to learn about the possibilities for mods as I expand my personal skillset and my desire for tougher terrain and challenge grows.

1996 Bronco 351w/turbocharged
2007 F150 4x4 forged 5.4 turbocharged

I live in Colorado Springs, and would love to go on the December 21st meet and greet locally.
Welcome to the trails. Colorado springs has a huge diversity in trails ranging from very easy to extreemly difficult. I lived in the area for about 6 years, and my teens still live in Fountain with their mom.