Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Hey gang, my name is Greg and I recently moved to Houston from Los Angeles. I have a LR Disco 5 First Edition that I traded in my pretty modified TJ for. As far as experience, I have probably got around 10 trips uner my belt from Big Sur to Sequoia to Yosemite and everywhere in between on the west coast. Heading to Big Bend next week for the first trip in the LR and I am pretty stoked.

Very excited to find this forum and look forward to learning a ton.

View attachment 127634
That's a big change in rides.

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Newb here, but some of you may know me from other countless forums

Location (Lindenhurst, NY/Orlando, FL)
Rig (97 Toyota Land Cruiser Factory Locked)
Overlanding Experience Background (somewhat experienced, but I've seen quite a few hardcore overlanders that would call me a novice)
That's a nice rig, welcome!

Reactions: Kent R

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Dylan. Though I've been on a few short overland trips and done lots of offroading, I still consider myself a novice to intermediate overlander. My experience being in nature however, is plentiful! I'm here to learn what's required or just desired in regards to gear, and find some new places to go in my area. As well as meeting new overlanders!

AO: Monterey, CA
Rig: '96 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 2.7L Auto
(Toytec 2.5" lift, Bilstein 5100 shocks, 33x10R15 BFG T/A KO2s on ProComp rims)
For the future: re-gear differentials and install an automatic locker in the rear. Also hoping to get a good tube steel bender and notcher soon so I can start making my own bumpers and roof rack. :D
Welcome.
There's basically no gear required, Overlanding is a state of mind, your rig and gear are just tools to assist you in self exploration and adventure. I try hard not to get caught up in the pursuit of bling. Get out enjoy your rig and our beautiful world.

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Hi all I'm new here.

Let's see:
Rig: 2014 Hyundai Elantra. It gets me to campsites and I've ended up going over some backcountry and forest service roads that made me wonder if I was sane.
Experience: Got into car camping a few years ago, but no overlanding yet. Every time I come back from a camping trip I seriously ponder getting an early 2000s SUV or truck and having that be my weekend warhorse.

NGL I'm here for ideas, good stories, and fabulous pictures.
Welcome. You ARE Overlanding. It's not the rig, it the experiences that matter.

Reactions: Kent R and overpakd

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Hello! I'm Melinda. My husband and I drive a 2002 F250. We've lived in western WA for 4+ years but are both PA natives. Head out on weekends for adventure, and usually take longer trips (2-3 weeks) once or twice a year. He retires from the navy in two years, then its on. Full time truck living for a year or two, just us and the dog. I'd say we are moderate overlanders at this point. Been meaning to join OB for a long time, glad I finally got around to it! Oh we also have a '96 Bronco we're working on as a tag along vehicle for even more fun.
Welcome, from Mill Creek, WA.

Reactions: MeliMK and Kent R

sam75

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA
First Name
Neeraj
Last Name
Kane
Member #

Hello everyone!! my name is Sam and I live in Los Angeles. I am relatively new to overlanding. I have done some day trips in Joshua Tree in a Subaru Forester, but now I would like to go out on some longer adventures in my new/old rig. I have a 1999 4 Runner v6 with 33" all terrain tires. Have not been overlanding is this yet, and would love to log some miles on it. Excited to learn a lot from other members!

Clifford Zwiercan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wernersville, PA
First Name
Clifford
Last Name
Zwiercan
Member #

Hi everyone, my name is Cliff and I live in Reinholds, PA. I usually run solo when traveling. Traveled a little from Maine North Woods to George Washing National Forest. Would love to get out West but time will not allow it at the moment. I have a 2018 JLUR and am patiently waiting for Ursa Minor to start making the tops! Quick question...I am a suscriber at the low tier and am wondering when I will get the badge and access to the maps? It has been about a month or so since I joined. 190D9B4D-9B14-426F-9653-FAA106E5C9DF_1_201_a.jpeg70D9D606-1675-4C47-A496-0DBFCEC56A88_1_201_a.jpegE39CE34E-38E1-41B8-AC5B-915EDB18EF86_1_201_a.jpeg437A5726-75C7-47E8-8865-1776F37BE881_1_201_a.jpeg70D9D606-1675-4C47-A496-0DBFCEC56A88_1_201_a.jpeg5C430344-0BCB-4C92-BFEE-046636CA0EC4_1_201_a.jpegEB793DD0-DCA5-40F8-8D79-12BB96EB91CF_1_201_a.jpegC181B44C-A865-4400-972E-8AEBF0E53097_1_201_a.jpeg5DE6CCC7-0C91-4A19-9441-5A00ABAA30DE_1_201_a.jpeg

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, my name is Cliff and I live in Reinholds, PA. I usually run solo when traveling. Traveled a little from Maine North Woods to George Washing National Forest. Would love to get out West but time will not allow it at the moment. I have a 2018 JLUR and am patiently waiting for Ursa Minor to start making the tops! Quick question...I am a suscriber at the low tier and am wondering when I will get the badge and access to the maps? It has been about a month or so since I joined. View attachment 128915View attachment 128916View attachment 128917View attachment 128918View attachment 128916View attachment 128919View attachment 128920View attachment 128921View attachment 128922
@Jim SoG Can you help this member with his membership. Thanks

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone!! my name is Sam and I live in Los Angeles. I am relatively new to overlanding. I have done some day trips in Joshua Tree in a Subaru Forester, but now I would like to go out on some longer adventures in my new/old rig. I have a 1999 4 Runner v6 with 33" all terrain tires. Have not been overlanding is this yet, and would love to log some miles on it. Excited to learn a lot from other members!
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello! I'm Melinda. My husband and I drive a 2002 F250. We've lived in western WA for 4+ years but are both PA natives. Head out on weekends for adventure, and usually take longer trips (2-3 weeks) once or twice a year. He retires from the navy in two years, then its on. Full time truck living for a year or two, just us and the dog. I'd say we are moderate overlanders at this point. Been meaning to join OB for a long time, glad I finally got around to it! Oh we also have a '96 Bronco we're working on as a tag along vehicle for even more fun.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Kent R for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Gabriel Bozeman

Reactions: MeliMK

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi All! I'm Erik and I live in San Jose, I'm new to the group and the area. I drive a JKU and I've been up in the Seattle area for the last 10 years. I've been out several times, but I'd still consider my experience novice. Its my daily and I'm just looking to enjoy some light to medium off-roading that gets me to better places than your average Subaru can't make it. I'm excited to be a part of the group and get a little dirt on the tires.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
What’s up y’all! Myles here from South FL. Just got a 2020 Wrangler JLU. Pretty new at overlanding and off road wheeling with a Jeep although I grew up “mudding” and trail riding on ATV’s as a kid. Looking to head North out of FL for some overlanding trips and just exploring the outdoors.
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: JL2120

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
We have a LA are meetup on the third Saturday each month in Hawthorne, you’re welcome to join us.
US West - OverlandBound Westside LA Meetup

ChuckMorse

Rank I

Contributor III

Montana
First Name
Charles
Last Name
Morse
Happy Thanksgiving from Great Falls, Montana! My name is Chuck and I am an active duty Air Force member just stationed here.

I am completely new to Overlanding, but have become enamored with this lifestyle after watching a bunch of different YouTubers. I really love the thought of just experiencing the journey, not rushing to a final destination.

My rig will be my 2019 Ram 1500, so I won't be going through the most extreme of locations but if it will fit I hope to go! Nothing done to it yet, but maybe some beginner mods this winter. I am looking forward to reading up and gaining knowledge and advice from the experienced members of this forum/community.

Pic of the stock rig.

Ram Tires.jpg

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Welcome from across the Sound (Whidbey Island)! That's quite the rig you got there!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's (NorthWest) forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region (NorthWest) also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: MeliMK and Kent R

JL2120

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hollywood, FL, USA
First Name
Myles
Last Name
Roger
Member #

Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.
Thank you for the info!

gottaearnit

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Doll
Hello all. My name is Craig from Raleigh, NC.

Another total newbie to overlanding, but not to the outdoors. Been camping, hunting, etc. forever and now desire to do some longer distance more remote travel.

I have currently decided to build my company rig for my initial build. It's a 2001 F350 7.3 Lariat. The plan is to do a truck camper build for me, the wife, and the dog. It's only a 2wd, but intend on adding a rear locker, suspension, tires, etc. and don't see us doing too much crazy terrain in the beginning. If the wheeling bug bites me, I'll upgrade the truck down the road.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

F350.jpg

MrHerrold

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Herrold
Member #

Hey all,

Stoked to be a new member. Grew up in Portland, OR but I’ve been a resident of Los ANGELES for the past 10 years. Realizing my need for more off the grid adventuresand more time in the garage wrenching. Just picked up a “new to me” 2017 Ram Rebel and an AT Overland Habitat. If you’re in the SoCal area and want to explore with my navigator (wife) and two furry engineers (dogs) let’s get in touch.

My build aspirations are more camp lifestyle focused to begin with and will eventually evolve into suspension and performance based projects. Understanding this is not my final project truck I look forward to having a tricked out camper on the new diesel Ram Rebel in the next couple years for far superior mileage.

Looking forward to learning from all of you!

CCF753B9-B79E-45A2-8FD6-715C1B636E35.jpeg