Jacobus
Last Name
Pieterse
Member #

Hey everyone I’ll introduce myself again

I’m Jack,
27 year old heavy diesel mechanic fom Western Australia,

been 4wding since i was 17 when i got my first 4wd,
Since then I’ve decided to get into overlanding and thats where i found Overland Bound!

I currently have a 2010 Ford Ranger with a few basic modifications like
2” suspension lift
3” Manta performance exhaust
Bigger AT wheels
Snorkel
Roof racks
Lightbar
Uhf radio
Etc etc

ps I’ve ordered my membership and emblem today so can’t wait to get it.
BCCC23F8-1C91-4BDC-BFD3-930DDB391024.jpeg

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Hello all. My name is Doug Russell. I have been trolling OB for a few months now but have decided to finally introduce myself. I am from the Western New York area. I really love anything outdoor related but am very noob in the overlanding scene...lol. I love camping, hiking, geocaching, etc. My current ride is a 2005 Subaru Forester x that i am going to start modding for overlanding. We are also in the process of getting a mint 2006 Jeep liberty for the wife that might also see some mods...lol. I actually found this site by accident by watching some youtube videos on modding Subarus for offroading and since then have come to love this place. Well...that just about sums up my intro. Hope to be able to meet some of you other members in the future.
@dougruss3
Welcome to OLB and the East Region!

If you have any questions or want help planning a trip or meetup of your own feel free to message me.

Here are some other useful links:

U.S. East Forum:
U.S. East (VA WV MD DE NJ PA NY CT RI MA NH VT ME)

Looking for events near you? Check out the Calendar:
https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/calendar

Reactions: Kent R

Narwhal

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Georgetown, Texas, United States
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Avila
Member #

Service Branch
Navy - Submarines
Hello Everyone, My name is Robert, the lady said we should Join up here to learn more about overlanding, so here we are. Her name is Wendy. We own a 2006 Ford F250 4x4, leveled, Airbags, 35"s, Bulletproofed, Powermax Turbo, Custom Tuning, S&B Intake, Straight Piped. And her 2007 Toyota 4Runner 4x4, fairly stock, but ready to be built. Montana is where we call home, but are currently in Southern California, Corona/Riverside area. We aren't new to offroading, or outdoors(camping, fishing, hunting), but are fairly new to overlanding and recovery. Hope to learn alot here.

View attachment 129156
Yellow one is mine, this is up Bedford Canyon Rd, in Cleveland NF.

View attachment 129157
Her 4Runner, also on Bedford Canyon Rd.
The Fleet! Welcome aboard!

The Turtle Cruiser

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Manhattan Beach, CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Hello Overlanders, We are The Turtle Cruiser, my name is Steve & my wife is Lynn, we are from Manhattan Beach, CA. You might ask why a Turtle Cruiser? Don’t the Toyota 100 Series have a V-8? Yes they do and they do pretty well. The Turtle part comes from our hard shell James Baroud RTT. Like a Turtle, our home is on our back, at least while we are on the road, which has been over 75 nights this year. We have a 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser with 2 1/2” OME lift and Icon stage 3 Suspension, BFG KO-2 shoes, SLEE rear bumper and sliders, Dissent roof rack with the James Baroud Grand Raid RTT, dual battery system with RedArc, onboard ARB dual air compressor & Switch Pro to manage our lighting. We are somewhat new to the Overland scene, but have been 4 wheeling and car camping/base camping for 40 years. Earlier this year we did the AlCan Highway and drove the Dempster and the Dalton highways to The Arctic Ocean for a little swim. We are looking forward to joining the others on OB to continue our adventures and learn from each other. What a beautiful community the Overland Community is.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Overlanders, We are The Turtle Cruiser, my name is Steve & my wife is Lynn, we are from Manhattan Beach, CA. You might ask why a Turtle Cruiser? Don’t the Toyota 100 Series have a V-8? Yes they do and they do pretty well. The Turtle part comes from our hard shell James Baroud RTT. Like a Turtle, our home is on our back, at least while we are on the road, which has been over 75 nights this year. We have a 2000 Toyota Land Cruiser with 2 1/2” OME lift and Icon stage 3 Suspension, BFG KO-2 shoes, SLEE rear bumper and sliders, Dissent roof rack with the James Baroud Grand Raid RTT, dual battery system with RedArc, onboard ARB dual air compressor & Switch Pro to manage our lighting. We are somewhat new to the Overland scene, but have been 4 wheeling and car camping/base camping for 40 years. Earlier this year we did the AlCan Highway and drove the Dempster and the Dalton highways to The Arctic Ocean for a little swim. We are looking forward to joining the others on OB to continue our adventures and learn from each other. What a beautiful community the Overland Community is.
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Reactions: The Turtle Cruiser

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone!

Dave Cummins
NW Florida
2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD OR

Pretty much a novice. Not a whole lot of trails in our area but looking to get out more. Hope everyone here is having a great holiday season. Cheers!
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey everyone I’ll introduce myself again

I’m Jack,
27 year old heavy diesel mechanic fom Western Australia,

been 4wding since i was 17 when i got my first 4wd,
Since then I’ve decided to get into overlanding and thats where i found Overland Bound!

I currently have a 2010 Ford Ranger with a few basic modifications like
2” suspension lift
3” Manta performance exhaust
Bigger AT wheels
Snorkel
Roof racks
Lightbar
Uhf radio
Etc etc

ps I’ve ordered my membership and emblem today so can’t wait to get it.
View attachment 129274

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

The Turtle Cruiser

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Manhattan Beach, CA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

IMG_4670.jpgIMG_1156.JPG

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello all. My name is Doug Russell. I have been trolling OB for a few months now but have decided to finally introduce myself. I am from the Western New York area. I really love anything outdoor related but am very noob in the overlanding scene...lol. I love camping, hiking, geocaching, etc. My current ride is a 2005 Subaru Forester x that i am going to start modding for overlanding. We are also in the process of getting a mint 2006 Jeep liberty for the wife that might also see some mods...lol. I actually found this site by accident by watching some youtube videos on modding Subarus for offroading and since then have come to love this place. Well...that just about sums up my intro. Hope to be able to meet some of you other members in the future.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Nomadik Nova for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone

My name is Pete.
Vehicle: 2005 Ford Excursion Limited, 4x4, 6.0 Powerstroke (Dealer proofed)
Experience: Novice

We do most of our travel pulling an Airstream. I wanted to get off road and do some camping. Can't wait to get out there.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: ovrlndafterlife

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Current Vehicle: 2004 Tacoma TRD Dbl Cab.
Overland Experience: Novice
Just trying to learn more and have access to people with experience.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Northwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Kent R. The closest Member Representative in Oregon is @Sandpoint Steve

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I am new to the site ... This is my first post so I am trying to get a feel for this site... Am looking forward to playing in the dirt and learning more!

I have two vehicles which are both road worthy-but I want to learn about the possibilities for mods as I expand my personal skillset and my desire for tougher terrain and challenge grows.

1996 Bronco 351w/turbocharged
2007 F150 4x4 forged 5.4 turbocharged

I live in Colorado Springs, and would love to go on the December 21st meet and greet locally.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello. I am very brand new to this forum and overlanding. So beginning basic. I am looking to connect with individuals who can provide camaraderie and guidance as I dip my toe in these waters. I also work with a Chef and we have a blog/YouTube channel on off road cooking. I want to up my game on video, photography, adventure and eating right on the trail.

Current Vehicle: 1999 Sportsmobile 2wd
Experience: Newbie

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Magic Mike

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello Everyone, My name is Robert, the lady said we should Join up here to learn more about overlanding, so here we are. Her name is Wendy. We own a 2006 Ford F250 4x4, leveled, Airbags, 35"s, Bulletproofed, Powermax Turbo, Custom Tuning, S&B Intake, Straight Piped. And her 2007 Toyota 4Runner 4x4, fairly stock, but ready to be built. Montana is where we call home, but are currently in Southern California, Corona/Riverside area. We aren't new to offroading, or outdoors(camping, fishing, hunting), but are fairly new to overlanding and recovery. Hope to learn alot here.

View attachment 129156
Yellow one is mine, this is up Bedford Canyon Rd, in Cleveland NF.

View attachment 129157
Her 4Runner, also on Bedford Canyon Rd.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Narbob for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Barclay

Reactions: PyroTek_98_23

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Just joined last night and I have to say this place is full of awesome builds and plenty of useful information. I have a 2014 F150 ecoboost crewcab with a leer camper shell. I currently don’t have any pictures of it. I am from north mississippi. Hope to gain a lot of useful information here and share my knowledge as well.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi there
I have a landrover defender 110
With a sanky!(2003),td5.
I live in Galway Ireland.
Great to be here!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello from South Western PA.
Been tent camping for many years but relatively new to overlanding.
My rig is a 2016 Jeep Willys Wheeler slightly modified but not anywhere near where I want it.
My two kids are a bit older now and just about out of the house so my wife and I are looking to do a little more exploring and getting back to nature.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Nomadik Nova for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Rig: 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Overland Experience: novice
I got interested in overlanding after finding Overland Bound and Trailrecon on YouTube. I then realized this is what I wanted to do. My first rig was a 2003 Hummer H2 but it was too wide for most trails. Our first trip was back country in Big Bend National Park. View attachment 129065

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @brien for help or information. The closest Member Representative to you is @Prerunner1982 & @Iwata77

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign