Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

What’s up guys? My name is Shane and I’m stoked to be a part of the community.
I’ve been messing around the website trying to find some good camp spots in wa! There is so much info here!
Welcome Shane (@SoNorthwest), I'm a couple hours north of you (Whidbey Island).

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

OverRAM3500

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ephrata Avenue Northwest, Soap Lake, Washington 98851, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Gehlen
Member #

Good morning fellow adventurers. My name is Ryan, my wife, Char. Married 15 years with a daughter and three grandchildren. Im a business owner and full time auto parts seller so I'm very busy. I needed more adventure so my wife and I decided to sell our 2 year old 5th wheel and build a 2018 Ram 3500 cclb into a capable overlander. I have two local members to thank for the push takdad and his son. We're only 3 months into the build and we are having a blast. I look forward to meeting you all and if I can load a picture correctly you can see why I'm so excited.

Attachments

McGilla1

Rank 0

Contributor I

Idaho
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Bramel
Hey guys glad to finally be part of the community, after a move to Idaho I have really enjoyed driving my stock Silverado on the trails here. After breaking a few parts along the way I am ready to rebuild it into a beefier excursion vehicle. Really appreciate all the info Ive read so far on the site, looking to learn and gain a bit more technical knowledge to keep my rig going in the back country.

Weeeee

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Northern Wisconsin
First Name
Doug
Last Name
McBride
Member #

Hello! Been lurking for a while but finally posting. I have been Off-roading, for about 15 years on ATV's, UTV's Trucks and Jeeps. Camping since I was a baby, but starting to get back into it the last two years. I currently live in IL western suburbs of Chicago but have a place in Northern WI that we are moving to next spring. Here is my Jeep that I am planning to do more Overlanding with and I am picking up an Offroad Teardrop Trailer in January for some fun.

2019-09-13 13.56.49.jpg2019-09-13 13.56.49.jpg

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Laura (@sandiawho ), welcome from Oklahoma. You have a lot of nice areas to explore up there.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Sean (@sean brockwell ), welcome from Oklahoma. A couple other RDJers have also joined up lately. Glad you joined us.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
Feel free to join us on Facebook as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

OverlandVanLife_com

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

NYC, NY, USA
First Name
Maurice
Last Name
Overland
Member #

My name is Maurice and just got my medallion, grateful to be part of this community. I originally set out to travel all over the US in my Lexus LX470 but realized a RTT wasn't for me. So I ended up in a 20 foot class b rv van conversion.

I have been living in my rv since March 2018, have traveled to CA last year and had the opportunity to explore many of the great national parks in CA AZ, UT, NM and CO this past summer for 6.5 months non stop. From camping in the south rim of the grand canyon to camping outside of monument valley next to the spot used in the Gump movie. I have had a chance to see the natural beauty of our great country.

I'm visiting mom in NYC right now but will be heading to FL next month then head out to AZ and CA for a few months before volunteering at Overland west and heading back to NYC.

I was encouraged to join Overland Bound by some volunteers I camped with at Overland East a few weeks ago, I was under the impression that the community was for 4x4 enthusiasts. I was corrected and encouraged to join and I'm happy I did.

I do plan on getting a Ford e350 diesel with a pop top and Quigley 4x4 suspension next year after checking out the setup of a new found friend who had one. I've had to recover my rear wheel drive rv in the Mojave desert and realized I tend to take risks on rough terrain in my rv, a 4x4 van is a must for me.

20190605_103455_HDR.jpg2019_0531_04113900.jpg20190603_200018_HDR.jpg

2BigTaco

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Diamond Bar, CA, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Tubig
Member #

Hello everyone. My name is Eric from the SoCal area. Happy to finally be a member. I started my adventures last December and have spent the last year on a few trips, outfitting my truck, and learning a ton. I enjoy the outdoors and photography I’m looking to meet some great people and join in on some trips.
EACD2794-4C37-44F0-8C66-2E05ED48EB4C.jpeg

outlandrunner

Rank I

Contributor III

Deltona, FL, USA
First Name
Joel
Last Name
Pagan
Thank you for the warm welcome. I have been following overland bound for over 2 years now but just 5 months ago got my rig. I been setting it up little by little. I am new to overlanding . I was also trying to get my membership emblem but wanted to take advantage of the offer if getting a free adventure is necessary patch. I am having a difficult time getting it. anyways my name is
1)Joel
2)I am from central Florida
3)I have a 1997 toyota 4runner limited with stock rear lockers.
4) I am new to overloading with very little experience.4runner.jpg

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

Hello everyone! My name is Ryan and I currently reside in Christchurch, New Zealand, but am originally from Alabama. I moved to NZ almost 3 years ago. I am relatively new to the lifestyle of Overlanding, however, I am not new to enjoying the outdoors. I look forward to becoming a part of this community; learning and sharing along the way.

My current vehicle is a 2006 Mitsubishi Pajero VR-X short wheel base. I have added a 2 inch lift and heavy duty springs and shocks, as well as upgrading the tires to 32" Cooper Discoverer STT Pro mud-terrains. Future modification plans include a roof rack and snorkel, eventually maybe a hidden winch mount and winch - but otherwise, I want to try to keep things as simple as possible. This is my daily driver, as well.

Shortly after getting the Pajero:
B9F6137A-369D-4FF3-81A4-93E6D115A47D.JPG

As it sits now:
122B3B59-C1FA-4594-8AEF-983996A6A944.JPG

Thanks!

OilBurner

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bend, OR, USA
First Name
STERLING
Last Name
CROSSON
Member #

Hello central/eastern Oregon friend! We are just a couple hours NE of Bend. Making a Costco-run to Bend this Saturday actually. We should meet up and go exploring sometime! I have tons of stuff marked in the Ochocos that I want to check out.
I have only been overlanding in the ochocos a few times, I would love to go explore more.

Josh520

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Red Rock, AZ, USA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
King
Member #

Hey everyone! Been a "lurker" for quite a while on the forums, reading about everyone else's rigs and adventures. Recently went purchased a 4x4 to take the family out on some adventures of our own. I am active duty Army, stationed in Marana, AZ(just north of Tucson). I am a mechanic, been working on vehicles for most of my life, and off roading for just as long. Thanks for having my family and I in this awesome group!!

Rig: 2009 Nissan Xterra(build is ongoing!)
Experience: Intermediate(ish) Have attended numerous off road and recovery schools both in and out of military, developed the drivers training and recovery programs for my previous units.
Xterra dealer pic1.jpg

gooroo_dougie

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Diego, CA, USA
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Mengers
Member #

Hey, all! New member, but been listening to the podcast a bit. Think I first heard about the group on one of the overlanding feeds on reddit. Thanks for having me!

Rig: 2016 Mazda CX-5 AWD Touring. No mods except for new A/T tires.
Experience: Depends on how you count it. I'm an archaeologist and have done thousands of miles on utility pole roads, BLM two-tracks, and unmaintained NFS and NPS "roads", but usually wind up back at a dive hotel for the night. Got the CX-5 three years ago so I wouldn't have to sign out a company beater, and I've been stretching my legs on my own time since. Pic below was from a 5-day work trip in Mojave National Preserve this August. Earned my desert pinstriping, ripped out my O2 sensor plug, and amazed my mechanic with how much desert brush I managed to lodge in my catalytic converter. Good times!

Mojave_CX-5.jpg