Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Good morning fellow adventurers. My name is Ryan, my wife, Char. Married 15 years with a daughter and three grandchildren. Im a business owner and full time auto parts seller so I'm very busy. I needed more adventure so my wife and I decided to sell our 2 year old 5th wheel and build a 2018 Ram 3500 cclb into a capable overlander. I have two local members to thank for the push takdad and his son. We're only 3 months into the build and we are having a blast. I look forward to meeting you all and if I can load a picture correctly you can see why I'm so excited.
Welcome from Whidbey Island, WA!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Reactions: OverRAM3500

Gabriel Bozeman

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Gabriel
Last Name
Bozeman
Member #

Hey guys glad to finally be part of the community, after a move to Idaho I have really enjoyed driving my stock Silverado on the trails here. After breaking a few parts along the way I am ready to rebuild it into a beefier excursion vehicle. Really appreciate all the info Ive read so far on the site, looking to learn and gain a bit more technical knowledge to keep my rig going in the back country.
Welcome from Washington!

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area.
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

@Sandpoint Steve is your local Member Rep in Sandpoint, ID. Feel free to contact him if you have any questions.

If you need anything else, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep

Contributor III

Nepal
First Name
Christophe
Last Name
Noel
Hey Peeps,

I'm Christophe Noel. Some of you may remember me as the Senior Editor for Overland Journal and Expedition Portal. Since leaving two years ago I have started a new overlanding project. In addition to my work as a freelance journalist and photographer, I am the founder and executive director of a nonprofit in Nepal. We use Land Rover Defenders and Royal Enfield Bullets to deliver safe drinking water systems to remote villages and schools in the most remote and isolated corners of the HImalayas.

I think this group would find it interesting to see what we do on the ground. In addition to using trucks and motos to facilitate our water works, we also use them to transport teachers, advisors, doctors, and soon a PBS film crew as they document our project. It's overlanding with a fun purpose. We also use these travel tools to help bring other photographers, journalists, and media makers to Nepal to help spread awareness about the country's challenges, and just showcase how great the people and country are at the ground level.

If it's okay with the mods, I'll continue to share with everyone what we do, and where we do it.

Thank you,

Christophe

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Josh (@Josh520), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Every 3rd Thursday of the month is the meetup at the Button Brew House (6800 N Camino Martin, Tucson, AZ) from 6-8-ish PM. (US Southwest - Southern Arizona Overlanders Recurring Monthly Meetup)
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

2adad1974

Rank 0

Contributor I

Commerce, GA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Burrell
I did not know what “overlanding” is until a few months ago. I wasn’t even planning to get involved off roading or overlanding at the time. My wife mentioned a couple years ago being interested in taking our kids camping. We didn’t really have a vehicle for it, then. A few weeks ago, finally having just a bit of money availabile for me to replace my commutermobile, I bought a well maintained 1998 T4R SR5 4wd V6, and cannot wait to get it dirty whether camping, trail riding, or hunting. I joke “get it dirty, not muddy. Mud breaks crap.” My BIL just bought an 06 Jeep Wrangler, and if I can get him to overcome his OCD fear of scratching the paint, I’d like to get him and my sis involved, too. Glad to be here, I know I’ll learn a lot. I’m live near Commerce, GA

Attachments

Ghost_rider_jku

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Canton, OH, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Strock
Member #

Hi my name is Eric and I am from NE Ohio. Together with my girl Jodie and my K9 we love to explore the roads less traveled. We both drive Jeep Wranglers but mine is the rig we travel off road most with. It is a 2013 Sahara that is moderately modified. We are currently building out an M416 trailer for our adventures. Love to connect with others from the area (any state connected to Ohio)

Attachments

Jarsnice

Rank I

Contributor III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
John
Last Name
Boughner
Hi from Las Vegas, I also just learned about overlanding about 3 months ago, and then a month ago I bought my first vehicle that was not a front wheel drive. A stock 07 GX 470. It is absolutely the most enjoyable vehicle I ever drove, even though its really really good at getting really bad gas mileage. My accord has sat since I bought it. Ive hit a few trails in the area, Mt Potosi Canyon rd to Good Springs/Jean, some Lovell canyon trails. I had to turn around on rocky gap road about a mile or two back the Lovell Canyon side, clearance issues I think, plus im new to this and using the factory skids and scraping makes me a bit anxious and whiny. Im just always excited with just about anything about it. Im excited to listen to the silence, see the darkness, cook over an open fire, toot in a tent, see the views, really see it set in that she has to crap in a hole, change more spares, watch my dog enjoy the outdoors, meet new people, relax. Thats Dioji with the GX on Lake Mead, looking forward to getting camping gear so I can go camp right there.

gx brand new.jpeggx in garage.jpegG and GX on lake mead.jpegGX Mt potosi.jpeg

Contributor I

Zirconia, NC, USA
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Rose
Hi, my name is Shane im from the Western NC area. I have been offroading most my life and camping all my life so I figured why not combine the two. My rig is a 99 XJ with 6.5 lift and 35's.. it has made quite the transformation in a short amount of time but still alot of work left to do. Looking forward to meeting some members and exploring new places.

Attachments

Viv OB20287

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Margaret River WA, Australia
First Name
Viv
Last Name
Tansley
Member #

Hi all.
Viv here from Margaret River, West Australia. We (me, wife, kids and sometimes the lazy hound) have been overlanding for about 2 years. We got into it mainly for the children (7,4) so we could get them out and about, reality is, we probably do it for ourselves....
Have a 2005 Nissan Patrol, fairly stock. We travel as light as possible using a touring tent and stretcher bunks. The best thing is just getting out there and exploring whether it be a weekend trip or a 2 week mission.

Attachments

MarcHergenroether

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Starnberg
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Hergenroether
Member #

Hi all,

we are happy and excited to be part of this great community.
I would love to learn from your experiences and and special sights.
We were travelling in an old Mercedes G-Class we bought from Swiss Military. As we are now 3 we needed to upgrade to a 4 seated car :-)

1) Pictures:
Here our Mercedes 230GE from 1990:

230GE_Grafik_1.png

230GE_3.jpg

and our new project - Mercedes G320 from 1996:

G320_Grafik_3.png

2) Germany, Munich area
3) Mercedes G320, LWB, W463, 1996
4) Bulgaria, Turkey

seraosha

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
CRAIG
Last Name
BELLAND
Howdy, I'm new to the "overlanding" thing, most of my previous experience with the great outdoors is tent and hammock camping, but my wife and I are looking into travel trailers to take with us that have a little more amenities, but are tough enough for crappy back roads.
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Houston, Texas

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Craig (@seraosha), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Reactions: Kent R

NorthStar96

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Howdy, I'm new to the "overlanding" thing, most of my previous experience with the great outdoors is tent and hammock camping, but my wife and I are looking into travel trailers to take with us that have a little more amenities, but are tough enough for crappy back roads.
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Houston, Texas
welcome!!

Reactions: Kent R

seraosha

Rank 0

Contributor I

Texas
First Name
CRAIG
Last Name
BELLAND