Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Navarre, Florida, United States
First Name
Alek
Last Name
Krallman
Member #

Hello Alek (@Krazy Klimber ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.
If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Thanks, going to check out the Region info now...

t-rex

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

MN, USA
First Name
rex
Last Name
nagel
Member #

Thanks for the welcome. Great idea. Was looking for something like this. I have done a lot of camping in at state parks and have got there in my Merc Mountaineer. I now also own a Jeep Renegade and would like to get out in the middle of nowhere and enjoy God's handiwork.

Wal-KING-tall1

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Asheville, NC, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Holub
Member #

Hi, I’m Eric and I am new to the forums. I am fairly new to the Asheville NC area. Have a 2019 Taco off road and just got an overlanding trailer from weeroll that I hope to be kitting out over the next few months. May turn into a post later with pics. More familiar with backpacking and fairly new to overlanding but looking forward to some trips along the blue ridge and the coast. 31556CAF-CEAD-4984-B74E-F5A5EA759A1E.png

4R_Won

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Chantilly, VA, USA
First Name
Won
Last Name
Jang
Member #

Hello everyone ~
This is Won who is new to overlanding and planning to get overlanding started.
I have 2006 4Runner Sport V6 and it's fairly bone stock, but I am planning get some gears little by little moving forward.
I live in Northern VA area close to DC ( Chantilly, VA). I would love to see people around my area where they are having fun at :)
I love to go Fishing/Camping and add Overlanding as my next passion.

Thanks!

Attachments

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hello!
I'm Dustin from Kennewick, WA. New to OB and the overland scene, but have been camping in the woods and off roading for years. Current setup is 2001 Jeep WJ with 3" IRO lift, 265/75R17 Maxxis RAZR MT's, 242HD TC swapped from a '98 Durango, cut front fenders/bumper and Rack with lights. Far from finished but got me out in the woods and on the trails this past summer (kind of thrown together in the weeks leading up to memorial weekend). Winter projects I have parts but no time for include on board air, dual batteries with 12v to 120v power inverter, remount roof rack, better lights with new switch panel and basic maintenance. Looking to meet or chat with anyone in the NW and hear where they are going on runs, been around SE WA and NE Oregon area but looking for more places to go.20190810_133326.jpg20190810_133504.jpg20190810_081451.jpg

Aussie571

Local Expert, Australia NSW

Builder II

Hillvue NSW, Australia
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Altona
Member #

Hello!
I'm Dustin from Kennewick, WA. New to OB and the overland scene, but have been camping in the woods and off roading for years. Current setup is 2001 Jeep WJ with 3" IRO lift, 265/75R17 Maxxis RAZR MT's, 242HD TC swapped from a '98 Durango, cut front fenders/bumper and Rack with lights. Far from finished but got me out in the woods and on the trails this past summer (kind of thrown together in the weeks leading up to memorial weekend). Winter projects I have parts but no time for include on board air, dual batteries with 12v to 120v power inverter, remount roof rack, better lights with new switch panel and basic maintenance. Looking to meet or chat with anyone in the NW and hear where they are going on runs, been around SE WA and NE Oregon area but looking for more places to go.View attachment 124978View attachment 124977View attachment 124979
Hi from Down Under fellow WJ'er...nice rig!

Gilligan

Rank IV
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Norton, Massachusetts, USA
First Name
Daxton
Last Name
Tarantino
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Gilligan
Hello everyone, I have been following the overland movement for quite a while now and am finally in a place in my life where I can start to get involved.
I live in southern Mass. And drive a 2015 jeep Charokee trailhawk. I've done a little off roading in it so far up in Vermont. Seems to run good for what I have done.

I hoping to find some people in my are or anywhere really to learn more from and plan some cool trips.

Grew up camping and playing in the mud. Time to get back to it.

I am a novice for sure.

overland.productions

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Heath, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Rayne
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5ENL
My second post! Just grabbed a member # today. Dallas Texas. Here’s my rig at Expo last month (October 2019)

Attachments

kkriewald

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Kurtis
Last Name
Kriewald
Member #

Hello, OB family!
I am currently driving a 1993 diesel Land Cruiser Prado ( I just picked her up about two weeks ago)
Located in Bend,OR
What I like most about Overlanding is that I can still backpack like i've done for the past 19 years except now my backpack has an engine four wheels and a comfy tent on top.
Here she is
View attachment 124729
Awesome rig, that's a Toyota I would love to play around with.

Reactions: 518reaper

Weekend Adventurer

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Lincoln
Last Name
Walburn
Member #

New here:

Rig: Don't have one, trying to get ideas on what I would like to do next year. I currently drive a stock 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee stock, and not looking to outfit it, but my next vehicle will be used for Overlanding
Overlanding experience: Novice, but I have enjoyed the videos and getting some great ideas for a new rig.

Glad to be here and enjoying all the forums, look forward to the great rigs and seeing everyone out there!

RedClay

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Townsend, Georgia, United States
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Mahaffey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRWH971
Thrilled to connect with everyone!

New to the overlanding scene, but I've been driving off-road since my grandad let me drive his Willys M38A1 through the Savannah River swamps when I was a teenager back in the mid-70s. Man, I wish I had that thing! But it was just 'surplus' back then, not a collectible.

My last trip was to the National Forest just outside of Great Basin National Park in August 2018 in our '08 Jeep Commander. It was a 30-hour drive out there from Georgia, but worth every mile :smile:

We didn't see a soul for four days and hiked all around the National Park (our hammocks were hung about 10 yards from the NP boundary.)
20180810_063224.jpg

It's pretty stock other than larger tires. I pushed that thing to the edge of its capability in Nevada, so I'm upgrading to a Gladiator Rubicon as soon as FCA can get me one in the Gator color!

I live in Canton, GA.

Excited to be here and looking forward to rolling with some of you!

Cody Franklin

Rank 0

Contributor I

Birmingham, AL, USA
First Name
Cody
Last Name
Franklin
New to forums in general also new to overlanding.
I did grow up with 4wheelers so i do have a little off road knowledge just not much with vehicles.
Rig: Stock 2004 Honda Pilot EX AWD (not the most capable but it works for what i get into for now)
Looking forward to getting to know everyone and learning a few tips and tricks to make vehicle camping more adventurous