Launch Member

Pathfinder II

Tulsa, Tulsa County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Kate
Last Name
Iwata
Member #

Hi guys, I’m glad to join the community!
My Rig: 2008 Nissan Xterra SE with Titan Swapped suspension.
My Location: The City of Fulshear, TX. (Small town satellite of Houston, TX)
My Experience: Other than growing up camping and some light off-road experience, I’m a novice. View attachment 125104
Welcome from Oklahoma

croakthedj

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Puyallup, WA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Sperl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7WOO
Welcome Patt! I'm up North (Whidbey Island). Jeeps are good vehicles, are you thinking 2door or 4door?

Here are a few tips to get you started:
-Check out the local region's forums for events and meetups in your area. Like the meetup at Samish Overlook on November 1st!
-Check out the Rally Point system and the Member Map for events and other people around you. Super helpful.
-Our region also has a FB page.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me or tag me in the forums at @Gabriel Bozeman.

Cheers!
Gabe Bozeman
NW Member Rep
Thank you. I have been looking and trying to get all the resources down. So many.

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

TylerThompson

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Hi everyone!

I'm a newbie to all of this. Just really like the outdoors and I used to race four wheelers, dirt bikes, snowmobiles, etc. as a kid so this feels like that but in adult form.

My name's Tyler
I live in Highland Park (LA), CA
I just got a 1998 Land Rover Disco 1
I'm planning on doing a lot of work to it and getting it in great shape to ride.

Elco joe

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ouray, CO, USA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
Skalsky
Member #

Good day everyone
I happy to apart of the ob community, a community of all vehicles, there is a lot great overland vehicles out there, happy to see everyone’s creations.

I am newish to overlanding with some experience. I have been doing some overlanding in my tracker for a couple years in the San Juan’s. I have rebuilt roads found my way around obstacles, it is a nimble ride. Last spring my family purchased 97 land cruiser for our main overlander. I have not yet rebuilt roads for that. It’s a different animal and learning it’s pros and cons.
I welcome any tips on the fzj80 to help guide my build and maintenance.
Thanks
Joe

Attachments

OVERLANDeRoos

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger II

Green Cove Springs, FL, USA
First Name
Bradley
Last Name
DeRoo
Member #

Hello Everyone! My family and I are currently located in Jacksonville Florida. We aren't new to camping but we are new to overlanding and are super excited to get deeper into it and get out exploring trails and sites!

We are currently in a 1999 Jeep XJ on 7.5 inches of lift. 35x12.50. locked front and rear with Chromally axle shafts and 4.56 gears. 3 link long arm suspension. CVT Mt. Denali tent up top and recovery equipment.

Can't wait to get out there with everyone and be an active member of this community!
received_1953740624729444.jpegIMG_20191018_194947_682.jpegIMG_20191029_190434_493.jpeg

Phence

Rank 0

Contributor I

San Jose, CA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Scott
HI Everyone, new to the forum here and relatively new to Overlanding. I've been really enjoying my jeep wk2 mods with my kids in California. I'm looking forward to learning from everyone here!

Attachments

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Oscar (@CubanCowboy ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Zach (@Zach Clarke, welcome from Oklahoma. Good looking X.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

TailHook

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Short
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LGY
Service Branch
Navy
Hi everyone...I'm Alan, and I'm stoked to be part of the OB community!

I'm currently in Arizona...the East Valley, specifically. My rig is a 2018 Tacoma TRD OR 4X4. I've been an outdoorsman pretty much all my life, but vehicular based for the last few years.

Looking forward to meeting some of you and exploring!

IMG_1193.jpeg
IMG_1027.jpeg
IMG_1534.jpeg

Last edited:

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Alan (@TailHook ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly meet up in Gilbert. Keep an eye out for a date later this month.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: TailHook

TailHook

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Alan
Last Name
Short
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LGY
Service Branch
Navy
Hello Alan (@TailHook ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. There is a monthly meet up in Gilbert. Keep an eye out for a date later this month.

Awesome...thank you, Jon!

John.Bezek

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kill Devil Hill, Kill Devil Hills, NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bezek
Member #

Hi all! Long-time Youtube subscriber and I finally decided to join after finding out a buddy from high school is also a member. I drive a 2003 Land Rover Discovery 2 that I bought when I first got to Colorado but I am moving to Manteo NC (OBX). I am actually writing this post will I wait for my flight from DIA to Norfolk VA as part of that move. Imogene Pass.JPG