Member I

Bremerton, WA 98311, USA
First Name
GREGORY
Last Name
MILLER
Member #

Howdy! Greg Miller here. Bremerton, WA.
2013 Toyota Tacoma Offroad with virtually no upgrades aside from a canopy. So far :)
Complete rookie with a brand new Garmin In Reach, loads of hiking/camping gear, and 7yrs Marine Corps Infantry experience. LOL!
Also a Registered Nurse 15 1/2yrs experience, over 10 of that ER exp. I have a pretty large first aid kit! 36.jpg

Toywolf

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, Ca
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Bownds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DXL
2013 Toyota Tacoma Offroad with virtually no upgrades aside from a canopy. So far :)
Complete rookie with a brand new Garmin In Reach, loads of hiking/camping gear, and 7yrs Marine Corps Infantry experience. LOL!
Also a Registered Nurse 15 1/2yrs experience, over 10 of that ER exp. I have a pretty large first aid kit! View attachment 119717
Welcome! I'm new myself. I'm going to have to pick your brain regarding your first aid set up haha. Thank you for your service! Hoorah

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

0311 USMC

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Bremerton, WA 98311, USA
First Name
GREGORY
Last Name
MILLER
Member #

Welcome! I'm new myself. I'm going to have to pick your brain regarding your first aid set up haha. Thank you for your service! Hoorah
Thank you! I have a smaller IFAK style kit for my BOB/pack, and a trunk with everything from sutures to IV necessities. Also a canvas litter, OTC meds, dressings of all shapes and sizes and more.

Prerunner1982

Local Expert, Oklahoma USA
Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Chris (@AZ Trooper ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for the next monthly meet up that occurs generally around the Mesa/Gilbert area.
Or to check out what other members are planning go here: Overland Trip Planning

I am the SW Region Member Rep so if you have any questions let me know.

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Jessica (@jskelley06 ), welcome from Oklahoma.

You are in the Southwest Region. Check out the Southwest Region sub-forum for local information and involvement opportunities.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. As I mentioned to Chris above, keep an eye out for the next monthly meet up that occurs around the Mesa/Gilbert area.

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: jskelley06

Prerunner1982

Launch Member

Member III

Navina, Oklahoma
First Name
Jon
Last Name
B
Member #

Hello Kevin (@64Trvlr ) , welcome from Oklahoma. Good looking classic you have there. Also I see you are a ham, we have a weekly Friday night Echolink net at 5:30 PST (Echolink conference node 591550 (USA-GNG), DMR talk group 1137550 and Allstar 41130)
If you don't have an Echolink, DMR, or Allstar capable repeater near you that's ok too, you can use the Echolink app. Many of us use the app. If you use Android and need help with the app hopefully this thread will be useful :Echolink App (Android)

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups

If you are on Facebook feel free to join us there as well, Overland Bound – Southwest.

Reactions: 64Trvlr

digitaltree515

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Etowah County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0IV
Also a Registered Nurse 15 1/2yrs experience, over 10 of that ER exp. I have a pretty large first aid kit! View attachment 119717
Semper Fi, brother!

digitaltree515

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Etowah County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N0IV
Howdy, everyone! New member and wanted to introduce myself. My name is Mark, I live near Savannah, GA, and I drive a 2017 Tacoma TRD OR. OME suspension, Mobtown sliders, Victory rack, Smittybilt winch, Wildpeak tires, and other odds and ends. I'm a HAM, Extra class, call N0IV. I work with our local ARES and am the assistant district coordinator for our region. I'm also a Marine Corps vet and have been out since 2008. I'm now an electronics engineer in field service. I have a fair amount of medical training and carry 3 kits, plus experience working with the Sea Bees in Iraq and carry enough rigging for most needs off grid. Recently did the Georgia Traverse (photo of one camp site attached), and looking forward to many more trips. I'm gently introducing my wife to the outdoors and she'll be with me next outing.

Thank you everyone for the awesome community and can't wait to meet some people! 6D-2694.jpeg

digitaljones

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Piedmont, California, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Houlder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN0PWN
Welcome Greg. My folks used to live in Silverdale. Love the area.

Chris

Reactions: 0311 USMC

digitaljones

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Houlder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN0PWN
Hello everyone! First post on the forum and fairly new to overlanding. We’ve been out a few times this year and are enjoying it. My rig is a 2007 FJ Cruiser - Icon lift, 33’s, RTT. I’ve been a car guy my whole life, just never had a modified 4x4, so building the FJ coupled with camping will be right up my alley. Looking forward to seeing some of you out on the trail!View attachment 118985
Welcome! Love the FJ!

Chris

digitaljones

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Houlder
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN0PWN
View attachment 118413

Hey guys, I'm Seth!

I am in Loveland, CO

I drive a 2004 Toyota 4Runner V8, 5" lift on ProComp and Bilstein 5100's, Light Racing UCA's, ProComp Coils, with home built front and rear bumpers. She has 315x12.6x17 shoes, and 1.5" Spidertrax. She has been an aboslute blast up here in the Mountains.

Ive been offroading different machines since I was about 8 years old, but I started with the Toyota and other Jeeps back in 2013! I would say I am experienced, but no where near pro or advanced.

I love this group! Thanks for having me!
Welcome! Sweet 4Runner!

CupofJoe

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor I

Maryland, USA
First Name
Cup
Last Name
Joe
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to the overland community and I'm super excited to begin learning all about it. Here's a little bit about me below:

Rig : 2017, Tacoma, TRD Sport 4x4 Double Cab (Bone stock, the few modifications that I've done have been cosmetic.)
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice

Attachments

Toywolf

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles, Ca
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Bownds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6DXL
Hello everyone! I'm brand new to the overland community and I'm super excited to begin learning all about it. Here's a little bit about me below:

Rig : 2017, Tacoma, TRD Sport 4x4 Double Cab (Bone stock, the few modifications that I've done have been cosmetic.)
Overlanding Experience Background: Novice
Welcome!

Dan@RockHillSteelworks

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Lebanon, OR, USA
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Jones
Member #

Howdy from Oregon. Finally joined today! I have a 98 Wrangler which I have had for 5 years. Second jeep I have owned over the years, but only a few of many 4x4's that I have used to explore the mountains. She has 200k miles and counting, 8k Warn winch, 4.10 gears, 33x12.5 tires and Aussie locker. I enjoy the outdoors, love over-landing, hunting, and fly fishing. I have a shop in which I love to tinker and do steel work on the side. Have enjoyed building off-road racks, bumpers, trailers to get more people off the couch and into this amazing country.

Attachments

AZ Trooper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Peoria, AZ, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Edward
Member #

Hello Chris (@AZ Trooper ), welcome from Oklahoma.

Here is the link to the forum calendar and Meet-Up event page: Overland Bound Meetups. Keep an eye out for the next monthly meet up that occurs generally around the Mesa/Gilbert area.

Thanks Prerunner. I will keep an eye out for local valley stuff.

Big_John

Rank II
Investor

Contributor III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Majdan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GNV
Hi All!
Yes another newbie to the group.
I'm located in San Jose, Ca and travel often through Socal and Nevada.

I just got a "new to me" 2014 Land Cruiser and need to get it dirty.

New to this overlanding as far as the rig camping aspect but I do enjoy camping and 4x so the marriage of the 2 sounds awesome. I'd probably rate myself as a Novice/moderate experience with the $x aspect but it has been years. My original rig was a 1987 Ford Ranger STX I bought new and used to go play in Azusa Canyon, Angeles Crest and Big Bear (all Socal)

Looking to meet some new friends with similar interests and develop my skills in offroading.

Hope to see many of you around in the near future.

Big John

2019-09-02 17.29.00.jpg