Benefactor

Ottawa, ON, Canada
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Lalonde
Member #

Hello everyone,

My name is Jon, and I am from Ont, Canada.
1500 ram, still stock but plans are in motion. Looking to custom up both front and rear bumpers, bed rack for storage, a slight lift to get her undercarriage off the ground.
I have a few years in both backcountries exploring and Overlanding(with other ppl as a passenger). I'm excited to get out with my own now.

I look forward to meeting some of you in the future. Till then Happy Adventures

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone,

My name is Jon, and I am from Ont, Canada.
1500 ram, still stock but plans are in motion. Looking to custom up both front and rear bumpers, bed rack for storage, a slight lift to get her undercarriage off the ground.
I have a few years in both backcountries exploring and Overlanding(with other ppl as a passenger). I'm excited to get out with my own now.

I look forward to meeting some of you in the future. Till then Happy Adventures
Welcome to Overland Bound!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Heyo. I'm Mark. Based in WA Australia.

I drive a 2016 VW amarok. Standard hight and tires at the moment. Bull bar lights and tub rack to fit my Ikamper 4x skycamp.
I'm in the process of replacing the tub and rack with a chassis mounted canopy. Once the canopy is fitted the lift and tires will be sorted.

I have a year or 2 experience in 4x4ing. But wanted to move away from general bush bashing to something that breaks the car a little less.

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Luis Merlo for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Reactions: Luis Merlo

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
View attachment 111233

2) Location: Virginia Beach, VA
3) 2017 Toyota Tacoma Trd Pro
4) Novice. Trails completed: Flag Pole Knob (Union Springs), Peter MIll Run, and Cold Spring Bald Mountain. All located in the George Washington and Jefferson National Forest in Virginia.

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the East Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Interim Regional Director is @Kent R.
Your Member Representatives are;
@Team Harrington - Vermont, Main, New Hampshire
@EscoTerrestrial - New York, Rhode Island, Connecticut
@Wawa Skittletits - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia
@NovaBound - Virginia, Maryland, Delaware

Connor_Dobbins

Rank V

Explorer I

Northwest Chicago Suburb
First Name
Connor
Last Name
Dobbins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS: WRHW455
Hello everyone! I finally pulled the trigger and joined and excited to get started exploring more!

I am in Northern Illinois but usually head up to Wisconsin on the weekends for overlanding/camping/just visiting the girlfriend.
I just purchased a 2010 Subaru Outback Limited after my Honda Accord was totalled in an accident (everyone was ok). Picked this because it could handle like overlanding I wanted to get into but also be a nice daily drive and it should last me years to come. That being said I am fairly new to this whole overlanding scene and am definitely a Novice when it comes to it but I am not new when it comes to general car camping and other outdoor experiences. Also my Outback is currently stock and most likely not going to stay like that forever so if there is anyone else out there with Outback I am interested in what you did first or think I should do first. I am thinking of adding some lights to a licence plate rail but again I'm open to suggestions.
The pictures are brom my last short adventure that got cut a little short because of a storm that caused my tent to start leaking. Also the arrangement of boxes and cooler in my truck is something I am testing, I think I like this setup because it is pretty easy to access everything but I am not a fan of how much of my rear view is obstructed on the left of the picture so I am open to suggestions.

Attachments

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey hey. My name is Frank. I’m from Nashville , Tn. No overlanding experience but very interested in it. 2015 Wrangler JKU
Welcome To Overland Bound

Check the forum calendar and Meet-Up page for events, and the Trip Planing page for trips being planed by members.
Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone! I finally pulled the trigger and joined and excited to get started exploring more!

I am in Northern Illinois but usually head up to Wisconsin on the weekends for overlanding/camping/just visiting the girlfriend.
I just purchased a 2010 Subaru Outback Limited after my Honda Accord was totalled in an accident (everyone was ok). Picked this because it could handle like overlanding I wanted to get into but also be a nice daily drive and it should last me years to come. That being said I am fairly new to this whole overlanding scene and am definitely a Novice when it comes to it but I am not new when it comes to general car camping and other outdoor experiences. Also my Outback is currently stock and most likely not going to stay like that forever so if there is anyone else out there with Outback I am interested in what you did first or think I should do first. I am thinking of adding some lights to a licence plate rail but again I'm open to suggestions.
The pictures are brom my last short adventure that got cut a little short because of a storm that caused my tent to start leaking. Also the arrangement of boxes and cooler in my truck is something I am testing, I think I like this setup because it is pretty easy to access everything but I am not a fan of how much of my rear view is obstructed on the left of the picture so I am open to suggestions.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone. New here. From St. Louis MO, Jeep Wrangler JL and just put a rhino rack on it. Pretty new to overlanding.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Midwest Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @Mike W . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Reactions: EB12

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello, my name is Sebastian, and I am riding around in my 2014 Nissan Versa Note.

Rig: 2014 Nissan Versa Note (will post pictures once I make it a little more unique)
Experience: tons of camping and bushcraft experience but next to no overlanding experience yet.

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

You are in the Southeast Region, local information can also be found in the “Overland Bound by Region”
OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Your Regional Director is @AdventureWithDanan . The Regional Director will be able to get you in touch with a local Member Representative.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi everyone, I'm Gonzalo Grupe from Santiago, Chile. I come out everytime I can, but for work reasons (and money) reasons is not too much.

By now, with my Disco 1, I have tripped to Mendoza, Argentina 2 times, and maded some trips on central Chile.

Now I'm working to set up my Land Rovers ready for some nice trips and a big trip on 2020 (Argentina, Uruguay, Brasil).

I have 3 Land Rovers to work on (one is not enought). They are:

Land Rover Series 2a 88" 1967 pick up on restoration process
Land Rover Discovery 1 V8 3.9 1997 3 doors.
Land Rover Discovery 3 V6 4.0 2007.

Here I attach 2 of my landys,

View attachment 111146
Welcome to Overland Bound

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi overlanders,

My name is Rick and i'm a Dutch fellow that ended up in Norway a few years ago and never went back.

I've been working on Land Rovers and overlanding for over 15 years, both as work and hobby.
However, when I moved to Scandinavia I decided to join the local tradition and buy a Volvo hehe.

Although, it's not your average Volvo family estate, it's a 1968 ex Norwegian army Volvo L3314N (Valp).
It has had pretty much a full rebuild to run 38x15,5 Arctic Trucks tires and has been converted to a little camper.
On Instagram @Henrythemancavecamper you will find some more info and photos of the little Volvo.

I've ordered my OB membership package and I'm looking forward to receive this and get in contact with more like-minded people.

View attachment 111095View attachment 111103

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Polaris Overland for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hello everyone, my name is Ron and I'm a new member. I went on my first outing with Overland Bound this weekend at Gorges State Park and it was a blast. I live in Charlotte NC and I'm an electrical contractor.
Rig- 19' Tacoma TRD OffroadView attachment 111086

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hey kids :)

I've been watching the Youtube feed and decided that I should pop in here too.

Here's a photo of my camp between Walden, CO and Steamboat Springs a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks!

Don't hesitate to contact your Regional Director @Cendee for help or information. The Regional Director can also get you in touch with a Member Representative that might be close to you and have local information.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Hi. I’m looking to get into overlanding.

Rig: 2002 Subaru Forester
Experience: none

View attachment 111064

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Tinnon55

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hendersonville , Tn
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Ayers
Member #

Overland Bound Meetups
Overland Trip Planning

OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Great. Thank you for the info

Bryan M

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

West Dundee, IL, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
McMahan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9IPH
Good morning Overland Bound,

I've been following Michael and the movement for quite some time now and finally became a member today!

My wife and I live just outside Chicago, and are seasoned travelers by air but novice overlanders. We've tent camped in the area and traveled down to Windrock in Tennessee to experience some serious off-roading with the AEV crew. The plan is to get a small trailer, like Kevin, Sarah, and Caroline with Lifestyle Overland, and travel all over the U.S., just not full time. In the interim, we are planning a trip to MOAB in the spring of next year.

Our rig is a 2016 Jeep JKU with a JK350 conversion from AEV and it has proven to be more than capable of getting us around in the back country. I've attached a few pictures of the Jeep in it's natural habitat for your viewing pleasure.

Bryan

Attachments

Knife_guy_in_wa

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Port Orchard, WA, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Kauranen
Member #

Hey everyone! Chad here and I'm a newbie. I have been watching OB videos on YouTube for a good 5 years now and I finally bucked under and joined. A little about me and mine now... I am a former marine and former LEO and a small knife maker in WA state. My wife of 18+ years is an ICU nurse. My son is 15 and my daughter 13, going on 20! I have a 2017 Nissan Titan that I am slowly making changes and upgrades to. I decided to take the plunge after spending the weekend out at the Northwest Overland rally in Plain, WA. Please have patience with me as I learn how to do this forum stuff.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jedi

Rank VI
Staff member
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Arlington, WA, USA
First Name
Brie
Last Name
McClory
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6JDI
Hey everyone! Chad here and I'm a newbie. I have been watching OB videos on YouTube for a good 5 years now and I finally bucked under and joined. A little about me and mine now... I am a former marine and former LEO and a small knife maker in WA state. My wife of 18+ years is an ICU nurse. My son is 15 and my daughter 13, going on 20! I have a 2017 Nissan Titan that I am slowly making changes and upgrades to. I decided to take the plunge after spending the weekend out at the Northwest Overland rally in Plain, WA. Please have patience with me as I learn how to do this forum stuff.
Welcome to Overland Bound Chad (@Knife_guy_in_wa)! I hope you enjoyed NWOR, I know my wife and I had a great time. Port Orchard has a number of members in-and-around the area. I recommend going over to our NorthWest Region forums [link] and checking in there as well so that you can get to know your neighbors and start planning to meet-up. You can also take a look at our Rally Point System [link] to see what is already planned.

If you need anything, feel free to hit me up on the forums: @Jedi.

Reactions: Knife_guy_in_wa

Thorkell85

Rank 0

Contributor I

Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Robins
Ahoy!

Name is Thorkell. I'm happy that I was able to find you guys and I'm looking forward to gaining insight on my first Overland build!

Rig: 08 Honda Pilot (hilarious I know, But she puts in work. )
Experience: I grew up a desert rat in NM running through the Mesas. I've been on plenty of camping trips and I have knack for planning and I love troubleshooting.
I did a lot of Camping NM and a lot despersed camping with my pops in his 92' F-250 (She was a beaut).

I'm planning on creating a plan and building a new Overland rig for our trips out here in Cali. So much beautiful land around here that's just waiting to be explored!

I'm looking forward to all the knowledge that will be gained here!

Contributor I

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Reader
Hi everyone, My name is Chris Reader and I am the owner of Veteran Welding. I was in the Canadian military for ten years and did two tours overseas. Upon starting my company I have had quite a few people approach me to build them a wide range of different parts. Everything from slide outs for the back of there Tacomas to Overlanding trailers, to different brackets, mounts, etc. So, from all this, I have decided to pull from my military carrier, the experiences I have had thus far building different projects and build my own rig.

I am building a 2011 F150 XLT. The reason I have chosen to build this rig is that 1, I already have it 2, it has never let me down and 3, I can fit my whole family in it comfortably. As of right now, we are building a roof/bed rack for this with built-in storage for some action packers as well as fuel and water storage. I will start a thread on that build to showcase how we are doing it etc.

Cheers
Chris Reader